PDA

View Full Version : Ollie Leaving???

Citymark
12/10/2001, 8:41 AM
According to guy on CityNet forum, apparently CCFC have accepted a £100K bid for Ollie Cahill from Bristol Rovers FC!

It is a cash plus player deal with City getting a Nigerian U21 player, Isshy Ikyapoura in return.

Is somebody pulling the pi*s?? No mention of a Isshy Ikyapoura on any Bristol Rovers sites!!

What next...Hartigan to sign for Coventry!!!!:D

mouldymurphy
12/10/2001, 11:34 AM
Is somebody pulling the pi*s?? No mention of a Isshy Ikyapoura on any Bristol Rovers sites!!

What next...Hartigan to sign for Coventry!!!!:D [/B][/QUOTE]
i heard noel was going to rangers!!! i think there is something f(isshy)up though!!!

pete
12/10/2001, 1:38 PM
Sounds like someones just digging up the old story about Ollie being linked to Bristol Rovers?

I've no doubt City would accept the cash too if true.

Interesting to see in the Derry programme how they outlined the reasons for turning down a 100k sterling bid from Carlisle for Darren Kelly. Stuff like he happy at Derry & the cost of replacing him. They also said they wouldn't sell him til someone matched their valuation of the player. Good to some club has pride in their players.

rebel yell
12/10/2001, 5:01 PM
Flipping heck, I knew procreation was expensive but a £100k sterling BIB seems a tad excessive 2 me.

mouldymurphy
16/10/2001, 3:41 PM
just keeping an eye out on the bristol rovers site http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/today/view/rumours/0,1563,10328,00.html and saw this:
Ollie from Cork starts us off - he believes a new striker is on the way to Rovers from across the Irish sea: "Ollie Cahill will be moving to Bristol Rovers for a reported £100,000 from Cork City."

pete
16/10/2001, 4:14 PM
Read down that page a bit & you'll find....

Sean O'Donnell expects to see L'Oreal's finest at the Memorial Stadium this season: "David Ginola's on-going legal battle with Aston villa, is set to be resolved. John Gregory is set to give the charismatic Frenchman a free transfer. As David is old friends with Gerry, he is set to sign for us. Gerry plans to sell the whole squad, along with Dunford Dairies to pay for one week's wages for Ginola. Rovers will then become a one-man team. Me mate Dave from Langley village told me." So it must be true then.

Says it all really.

James
16/10/2001, 4:51 PM
what a joke...from looking at that site it seems they publish anything that gets emailed into them from any source be it fan or otherwise..Imagine if we had that here you could make up anything! and of course those muppets on citynet jumped on or even created the story for all I know. why do i bother going there once a month..ah well some light entertainment I suppose

pete
16/10/2001, 4:58 PM
Can't wait for the new rumour they'll post from James in Boston....

What ever happened to Alexis Lalas? ;)

James
16/10/2001, 5:01 PM
tracking him down as we speak, from my US sources.
Also on the lookout for a decent centre back, a right sided midfielder and a manager with an iq bigger then his shoe size

so far no luck!