PDA

View Full Version : Former Harps and Sligo Manager to Sue FHFC + FAI

Mr A
24/09/2009, 1:07 PM
I think this man's idiocy deserves the attention of the main forum.

Former Finn Harps' manager, Patsy McGowan, is to begin legal proceedings against the League of Ireland club, its directors and shareholders.
McGowan, who led Harps to their only major trophy in 1974 and was instrumental in setting up the club, said it hurt him to take the action against the club.

Confirming the pending legal action yesterday, McGowan (71) of Knock, Ballybofey said he was also issuing proceedings against the chief executive of the Football Association of Ireland, John Delaney, and the F.A.I.

Mr. McGowan said since joining the Harps board two and a half years ago his character had been "damaged" and his credibility was "in ruins".
Speaking to the 'Democrat', the ex-Harps' boss and founder member of the club, said: "I am suing Finn Harps, the Board of Directors and all the shareholders. I'm a shareholder myself so in effect I'm suing myself. The shareholders are ultimately responsible for the actions of the Directors."

FULL STORY (http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/donegalnews/Patsy-McGowan-to-sue-Finn.5677054.jp)

Note that McGowan was last week convicted of assault causing harm at an FHFC board meeting and referred to as arrogant, haughty and dangerous by the judge. He received the maximum fine.

FULL STORY (http://www.donegalonsunday.com/9847/Former-Harps-manager-convicted-of.5662935.jp)

Definitely time for a 'fit and proper person's test' for LOI directors.

Mad Moose
24/09/2009, 1:59 PM
Its a soap opera in which Patsy plays the main and only character and thats the way he likes it. Its ironic to hear him talk of his credibility been diminished. Thats all Patsy has ever done. Diminish the credibility of everybody around him. Now it hurts him. Don't dish out what you cannot take Patsy.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold. Thankfully while Patsy is bttling back here with these statements the Democrat kindly remind us of his conviction for assault last week.I guess Patsy was hoping that might not get a mention.

carrickharp
24/09/2009, 2:18 PM
The media should not give this man the coverage, he is attention seeking now he has to has the last word feck off Patsy.

Sam_Heggy
24/09/2009, 2:20 PM
In the famous words of Patsy, "Gobsh!te" :D

The man has been on our forum under a different username and then created an account under his own name, the things he came out with were hilarious.

I look forward to getting my letter :D

thischarmingman
24/09/2009, 2:23 PM
LOL at someone adding "Lionel Hutz" as a thread tag :)

Sam_Heggy
24/09/2009, 2:25 PM
LOL at someone adding "Lionel Hutz" as a thread tag :)

I don't think either he or Old Gill would touch this wacko.
Patsy makes me look sane :eek:

Martinho II
24/09/2009, 7:09 PM
Im bursting my hole laughing at the idiocy of the man.. Ash was tellin me at our match tuesday night that theres a boycott of the club from a few supporters who were witnesses to the carryon...

GuisaSaigon
24/09/2009, 7:38 PM
Definitely time for a 'fit and proper person's test' for LOI directors.
I can think of one of our directors who might not pass it!

brianw82
24/09/2009, 8:04 PM
I can think of one of our directors who might not pass it!

For the last time, that fella didn't mean to step in that dung before the big meeting. Let it go.

It is big Paddy O'Flaherty you're talking about, surely?:D

Rovers Maniac
24/09/2009, 8:48 PM
Any man who leaves Sligo Rovers to manage Finn Harps needs help should be pitied and locked away from harming himself anymore.

stann
24/09/2009, 9:10 PM
I have to say I enjoyed his book, but there was definitely a Father Ted "and now, we move on to liars..." vibe about it.

And this fella is a **** because he did this, and that fella is a **** because he did that. :D

the-blue-harp
24/09/2009, 10:26 PM
Any man who leaves Sligo Rovers to manage Finn Harps needs help should be pitied and locked away from harming himself anymore.

you should have a read at some history books there you crazy maniac!!:rolleyes:

Mad Moose
24/09/2009, 11:45 PM
I wonder does Patsy frequent this forum?. He was clever enough to create an alternative username on the Harps forum. I checked out his posts and found one of his first posts that so clearly summed up the idiocy and irony of the man in him coming out with the following.

'the comercial manager seems to have finaly got his way and stoped any involvment of fans doing anything for the club.he stoped the supporters club selling harps shirts then closed down the tuck shop. the other board members seem to be in the dark about this are they hideing behind him or was this a board discission?'

I think it was the revelation that this poster was indeed Patsy himself that lead to the assault and ultimate conviction.

So how will Patsy be now remembered?. For been a founder member of the club and his FAI Cup success or as a convicted criminal? Answers on a postcard please.

Mr A
27/09/2009, 10:55 PM
Judo chop!