PDA

View Full Version : Mahon to use 'old school' approach

A face
23/09/2009, 6:02 PM
Mahon to use 'old school' approach to haul Pat's out of doldrums

PETE MAHON will take an 'old school' approach to lift St Patrick's Athletic out of the doldrums after being handed the reins at Inchicore until the end of the season. The 62-year-old was approached by the Saints on Monday night after Damien Richardson turned down the role and agreed to succeed Jeff Kenna yesterday morning, with the short-term nature of the arrangement appealing to the ex-St Francis and UCD boss.

Mahon also had a brief caretaker stint in charge of the Saints back in 1998, but will be able to get his feet properly under the table this time around. John Gill, out of the league since his acrimonious departure from Dundalk, comes in as No 2. "I only met Richard Sadlier at eight o clock on Monday night and I hadn't taken the job when I left him because there were one or two things I needed to sort out myself," said Mahon yesterday.

Read more at www.independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/mahon-to-use--old-school-approach-to-haul-pats-out-of-doldrums-1893514.html)

tiktok
23/09/2009, 7:24 PM
....beer binge and streaking did wonders for Will Ferrell's career in that film.