PDA

View Full Version : Kenna deserved a whole lot more

A face
23/09/2009, 5:38 PM
Kenna deserved a whole lot more

The signs were there for all to see, so Jeff Kenna can have few complaints in that regard. After the wolves started to howl; the full moon appeared and the executioners blade was being sharpened. It was clear that he was being ushered towards the plank and there was little he could do but take the plunge. Kenna may have pressed the eject button and resigned instead of being fired from only his second job in management, but the memories of his time at St Patrick's Athletic will sting for quite a while.

When he comes to analyze what went wrong, the 39-year-old will be unable to hide the fact that so many people let him down during his eight month spell at Richmond Park. From the board of directors to his assistant, to the playing squad and the fans - they all abandoned him when their support was needed most. Last Friday, only hours before the trip to Galway United, he tendered his resignation following a meeting with club officials, where it is believed that little confidence was shown in his ability to steer the Dublin club away from a potential relegation battle. It was a sad way for him to depart, although it was typical of how he was treated during his time in Inchicore.

Read more at www.ireland.com (http://community.ireland.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?nav=main&webtag=itb_soccerpb&entry=140)

soccerc
23/09/2009, 5:45 PM
Kenna deserved a whole lot more

Read more at www.ireland.com (http://community.ireland.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?nav=main&webtag=itb_soccerpb&entry=140)

I ****ed myself laughing - that's pure comedy:confused:

dong
23/09/2009, 6:07 PM
I'd say from a Galway United or St Patrick's Athletic fans point of view the thread should read:
"Kenna deserved a whole lot more..............................abuse than he actually got"

WoodquayBoy
23/09/2009, 10:27 PM
Correct Dong, what a steaming pile of turd that piece is. He has now walked out on 2 clubs in just over 8 months, his managerial career is in the bin. He had his head turned by Pats when another year at least at United, where he had become a messiah-like figure, would have stood him in good stead.
Also, he didn't do himself any favours by commuting to and from England - if he wanted to be taken seriously, he should have taken both jobs seriously and moved his ass over here

WoodquayBoy
23/09/2009, 10:30 PM
Oh, and lets not forget he brought a side that finished 2nd last year all the way down to 7th this season, just above the relegation play-off spots. Is the fella who wrote that expecting to be taken seriously, as I was expecting a big 'fooled ya' at the end of the diarrhoea

northwestexile
24/09/2009, 11:36 AM
Why do Galway fans always throw up this Kenna walked out on us and showed the club no loyalty rubbish. Why would he have any loyalty to a club that shortly after he arrived informed him that he had to let players go and cut players wages by 12%. I doubt that this was mentioned at contract negotiations. Rightly or wrongly at the time he saw Pats as a step up and he wanted to better himself. Cant fault the guy for that. It didnt work out for him, so what. I hope he does well in his next job.

gufc2000
27/09/2009, 2:44 PM
Why do Galway fans always throw up this Kenna walked out on us and showed the club no loyalty rubbish. Why would he have any loyalty to a club that shortly after he arrived informed him that he had to let players go and cut players wages by 12%. I doubt that this was mentioned at contract negotiations. Rightly or wrongly at the time he saw Pats as a step up and he wanted to better himself. Cant fault the guy for that. It didnt work out for him, so what. I hope he does well in his next job.
Because its true. Twice he said he was staying with us and then walked. After the UCD game last year, he said on TV he was staying. He then had a re-think, and was given a deadline to decide, otherwise the job would be advertised. He spent 2 days in negotiations with the Galway Board, and then decided he would stay on. A month later he walked. Got a months wages out of us aswell. Enough said