PDA

View Full Version : Say it Ain't So...

Maynard
16/02/2004, 9:08 PM
Rovers had a big meeting tonight and a good friend of mine tells me that they have plans to try and swap grounds with DCFC and put us in Dalymount:(
Pats seem to have made it fairly clear that they don't want to house Rovers, and both sets of Bohs and Rovers fans are probably not too happy with have to share with each other, so that is what is pushing them in this direction.

Would the fact that DCFC appllied to UEFA listing Tolka as their ground for next season help to keep us there?
I don't think we should be pushed around just because we're the new club...I hope it'll all be resolved soon, and we can continued as planned in Tolka.

Maynard
16/02/2004, 9:16 PM
Just got a call from that meeting after I posted above, saying that we're in Tolka...:rolleyes: so it sounds like they're going to have to knock that idea on the head...
God the stress is starting already and a ball hasn't even been kicked;)

Incidently is anyone (Ringo?) going to the Monaghan game?
Just for reports on who started, played well (hopefully scored) etc...

Ringo
17/02/2004, 6:43 AM
It would cost DCFC a lot to move to Dalymount , in lost gate receipts. Rocky had agreed to look at the idea for the good of football. We don't get a lot of respect & it was felt we should just move & keep our mouth shut. Rover’s problems are of their own making & while i sympathise with Rovers plight, money is money. It’s hard to keep the whole show on the road as it is. Unfortunately I won’t be able to go to Monaghan (family Commitments). Will definitely go to Dundalk. The results in these friendlys mean nothing , its just a chance to see the the new guys & how the team is shaping up. Can't wait for the new season!

Maynard
17/02/2004, 5:11 PM
Agreed.

Looks like Rovers will just have to swallow their pride on this one and just try to get their house in order for next season.

Ringo
17/02/2004, 5:56 PM
its officiall we're not moving. Tolka here we come.

Maynard
18/02/2004, 3:06 PM
Absolutley great news, glad it's all sorted.:p