PDA

View Full Version : Italy+Montenegro Tickets

Mise Le Mas
22/09/2009, 5:37 PM
Tickets for both Italy+Montenegro game are going on sale on Ticketmaster This Friday the 25th. :):D

ChrisRed
23/09/2009, 8:46 PM
Any idea what price they are?

Ringo
24/09/2009, 6:16 AM

Its Hill16 only & you have to buy the two games together.

NeilMcD
24/09/2009, 7:11 AM

50 euro each so 100 euro for the pair.

Sligo Hornet
24/09/2009, 8:23 AM
50 euro each so 100 euro for the pair.

Well done Neil!.......are you a mathematics teacher?;)

NeilMcD
24/09/2009, 8:52 AM
Those calculators come in handy. :)

ChrisRed
24/09/2009, 1:30 PM
Is there a maximun number of tickets you can buy on ticketmaster?

tetsujin1979
24/09/2009, 9:17 PM
is there anyway to purchase them separately?

Predator
24/09/2009, 9:38 PM
is there anyway to purchase them separately?

I'm a bit annoyed at this whole buying the pair thing. I mean, not every fan has the finance to fork out for two sets of tickets, especially at that price.

finbarrk
25/09/2009, 9:27 AM
Is there a maximun number of tickets you can buy on ticketmaster?
Yeah, 6. I just bought one there now. It's €111 total price for the 2 games.

gspain
25/09/2009, 10:02 AM
only single tickets left. Just tried buying 2.

MariborKev
25/09/2009, 6:43 PM
I'm a bit annoyed at this whole buying the pair thing. I mean, not every fan has the finance to fork out for two sets of tickets, especially at that price.

Usually the way. Fair play to the FAI in my view.

Predator
25/09/2009, 10:28 PM
Usually the way. Fair play to the FAI in my view.
What do you mean, Maribor?

zenokelly
26/09/2009, 9:23 AM
What do you mean, Maribor?

You're either a supporter of the team or your not. There's a better chance that genuine fans will buy the tickets in a package rather than bandwagoners who sit down and keep quiet for the boys in green.

People seem to be getting over hyped for Italy which could be a dead rubber. Monty may be the more important match in the end. Especially if we need a win to make the play-offs.

Predator
26/09/2009, 3:13 PM
You're either a supporter of the team or your not. There's a better chance that genuine fans will buy the tickets in a package rather than bandwagoners who sit down and keep quiet for the boys in green.

People seem to be getting over hyped for Italy which could be a dead rubber. Monty may be the more important match in the end. Especially if we need a win to make the play-offs.
I don't go to every game, since I can't afford it, but I am as much a supporter as someone who goes to every game and I'd like to actually be at a game here or there when I have time and can afford it. The package thing and this buying in bulk thing is simply something that caters to the richer elements of Irish society. Are you telling me that just because you can't afford to go to every game, you aren't a real supporter? Nonsense!

In any case, what's wrong with wanting to go see the Ireland versus Italy game? If you're in a situation where you can't always afford to go to every game, what's wrong with wanting to see Ireland play Italy? Sounds like a case of fan-snobbery to me.

NeilMcD
26/09/2009, 4:48 PM
I know its very expensive to go to games esp for someone who is livin up in Derry. You need to pay for petrol or for a bus down and hotel probably too and then match tickets also. Not only that if its a Wednesday you would need to take 2 days off work if you worked 9-5 type job. It is tough.

Although I will say that it is all to do with priority etc. There have been times I have stayed in for weeks on end so I could go to an Ireland away game. I was talking to a guy who was on the **** once saying that he could not afford the tickets for the home games as he sank another pint. Now nothing wrong with that, and we all have the freedom to spend the money as we wish but dont go on the lash and then say that you cant afford to go to games.

Claret Murph
27/09/2009, 7:30 AM
I know its very expensive to go to games esp for someone who is livin up in Derry. You need to pay for petrol or for a bus down and hotel probably too and then match tickets also. Not only that if its a Wednesday you would need to take 2 days off work if you worked 9-5 type job. It is tough.

Although I will say that it is all to do with priority etc. There have been times I have stayed in for weeks on end so I could go to an Ireland away game. I was talking to a guy who was on the **** once saying that he could not afford the tickets for the home games as he sank another pint. Now nothing wrong with that, and we all have the freedom to spend the money as we wish but dont go on the lash and then say that you cant afford to go to games.

Good call Neil
A guy at work asked me how the hell do I manage to aford to go on so many football trips .
Easy I told him I don't go to the pub hardly at all these days and I work whatever overtime is going . I told him he should try it instead of bitching about lack of money for a change .

ArdeeBhoy
27/09/2009, 12:14 PM
I don't go to every game, since I can't afford it, but I am as much a supporter as someone who goes to every game and I'd like to actually be at a game here or there when I have time and can afford it. The package thing and this buying in bulk thing is simply something that caters to the richer elements of Irish society. Are you telling me that just because you can't afford to go to every game, you aren't a real supporter? Nonsense!

In any case, what's wrong with wanting to go see the Ireland versus Italy game? If you're in a situation where you can't always afford to go to every game, what's wrong with wanting to see Ireland play Italy? Sounds like a case of fan-snobbery to me.

Spot on. And I've been going for years. As long as the regular fans don't miss out.....

MariborKev
28/09/2009, 11:47 PM

We haven't had a home qualifier in months. If you wanted to save €20 a month between the last game and this one you'd have the money. Like Neil and Claret said, if you want to go, you'll make the sacrifices.

The package deal helps to pay for items such as the rental of Croke Park, paying Trappatoni, developing the game etc etc.

mrmojoreilly
29/09/2009, 11:54 AM
Has anyone received their tickets yet? Mine were posted to one of the lads houses but he's over in Egypt at the mo

EastTerracer
29/09/2009, 11:39 PM
Has anyone received their tickets yet? Mine were posted to one of the lads houses but he's over in Egypt at the mo

Tickets for both games arrived at my parents' place in Dublin yesterday.

ArdeeBhoy
30/09/2009, 12:48 AM
We haven't had a home qualifier in months. If you wanted to save €20 a month between the last game and this one you'd have the money. Like Neil and Claret said, if you want to go, you'll make the sacrifices.

The package deal helps to pay for items such as the rental of Croke Park, paying Trappatoni, developing the game etc etc.

It still doesn't mean they're wrong. It's not as if regular fans get any benefits, apart from the right to buy tickets.....

gspain
30/09/2009, 1:59 PM
Fans who can only afford to go to one game will be accomodated. I've no doubt there will be a chance to buy Montenegro tickets on their own.

Indeed you can probably buy them at less than face value.

gspain
30/09/2009, 2:06 PM
It still doesn't mean they're wrong. It's not as if regular fans get any benefits, apart from the right to buy tickets.....

Pretty big benefit though.

The GAA only introduced season tickets this year. The IRFU have no such scheme - you pay €50 a year to get the chance to buy some but not all International tickets.

ArdeeBhoy
30/09/2009, 6:16 PM
That just means they're all living in the 'Dark Ages'....in these days of technology it's easy enough to record who buys tickets regularly or corresponds with them.....or it should be.

Kingdom
01/10/2009, 7:13 AM
Fans who can only afford to go to one game will be accomodated. I've no doubt there will be a chance to buy Montenegro tickets on their own.

Nicely done sir! Nicely done. :)

micls
01/10/2009, 11:00 AM

That'd be handy if I could get a day off work. I can't though so the Saturday game is the only option for me. If the fiixtures were reversed the Saturday game would still be the only option.

I don't blame the FAi for selling them in pairs, I can understand it, but I can't afford to pay an extra 50euro when I can't even go to the game.

Hopefully I'l get sorted though

shakermaker1982
01/10/2009, 11:24 AM
my tickets arrived and they've moved me. I'm in 305 now (Cusack). Pretty much bang on the half way line so happy enough!!

dynamo kerry
01/10/2009, 12:39 PM
My tickets also arrived yesteryday.

Also no glamour move for me. Canal end here I come... as usual.

HeatherG
03/10/2009, 10:57 PM
I have 2 tickets available for 14th Oct Lower Cusack Stand Block 308, Row B if anyone interested, face value at the moment €70 each

ArdeeBhoy
05/10/2009, 11:33 AM
Apparantly 65k tickets sold for both games to date.

Hopefully the FAI will release the remaining Italy tickets later this week, to people who only want to go to that game....if only to guarantee a full house.

gspain
05/10/2009, 12:48 PM
Apparantly 65k tickets sold for both games to date.

Hopefully the FAI will release the remaining Italy tickets later this week, to people who only want to go to that game....if only to guarantee a full house.

I don't think that is going to happen.

Montenegro will be sold on their own though next week.

Ringo
06/10/2009, 6:50 AM
I don't think that is going to happen.

Montenegro will be sold on their own though next week.

Can't see that happening to be honest. should be a bit of a rush this week.