PDA

View Full Version : v Monaghan United

Castletroy_Blue
22/09/2009, 2:03 PM
So, how much are we going to win this one by?

Hopefully I can find the stadium this week... :rolleyes:

L37Ultra
22/09/2009, 2:15 PM
2-1 to Limerick.

Tierney has been playing very well and is due a goal and O'Flynn to get the other.

Molan injured for this one along with Purcell.

bluewhitearmy
22/09/2009, 4:04 PM
2-1 for me too. Would like to see us keep a clean sheet cant see it with the injury list we have in defence though.

L37Ultra
22/09/2009, 10:46 PM
2-1 for me too. Would like to see us keep a clean sheet cant see it with the injury list we have in defence though.

Monaghan are a good side. They will try and come here and get a draw though but so did Athlone the week before but look what happened them :D

In fairness we have two proper centre backs at the club and one of them is injured and the other isn't match fit and Molan who was filling in at centre back in injured now. Despite picking up 7 points in the last three games, we still left in 5 goals so a clean sheet would be fantastic.

No need with Stevo banging them in upfront though :D

macka
23/09/2009, 10:26 AM
Limerick to win 2-0 O Flynn and tracy to score.

sadloserkid
23/09/2009, 11:31 AM
1-1. Mostly cos I'm back in the country. :o

limunlim
24/09/2009, 10:23 AM
I think this will be a 3-1 win to lims

L37Ultra
24/09/2009, 12:05 PM
What are the odds for another O' Flynn hatrick?

Monkfish
24/09/2009, 2:27 PM
Gonna be tough, Dublins finest always make it hard with theie 'style' of play.

1-1

Jofspring
24/09/2009, 10:10 PM
Ya i agree with most, a draw is on the cards. Especially after banging in 6 in the last home match. 2-2.

osarusan
26/09/2009, 8:15 AM
Limerick 3 Monaghan 3.

2 up inside 20 mins, the first when the Monaghan keeper dropped a pretty simple catch from a cross, and O'Flynn bundled the ball over the line from a yard. Then Tierney beat the offside trap (to be honest, thought he was off myself) and scored when 1-on-1 with the Mons keeper.

Mons pulled a goal back when a free kick was glanced on by a Mons player, but then hit another player (Limerick defender I think) and looped over Collopy in goals.

5 mins into the second half and Mons gifted us another goal. A through ball was too far for Kavanagh, but keeper and defender waited for each other to do something about it and Kavanagh was able to nip in and poke the ball past the keeper and tap in from a yard. He even had time to celebrate before the tap in.

Mons got a penalty for handball about 5 mins later. I didn't see, but did hear, the ball hitting hand, and the lack of complaints from the Limerick defence made me think it must have been a good decision. And with about 10 mins to go, they equalised from a near post header from a throw in.

I thought we had more possession, but they created quite a few chances as well, and could even have nicked it at the end.

Scully was screaming at his defence to "just defend the f***ing ball" for the last 20 mins, and I'd say there were harsh words in our dressing room after.

Monkfish
26/09/2009, 9:35 AM
Defence was poor again last night, Calla gonna need a few games before getting back to where he was. Martin at fault for the first, peno for the second was due to another crap ref (what was his story when we were trying to make 2 subs? absolutly shocking standard of refereeing) and their 3rd was just an all round cockup.
Every time they got in our half we looked dodgy, having said that if Calla put away his free header it was 4-1 game over.

Who said Scullys brand of football is boring? :)

LK37oldskool
27/09/2009, 12:46 PM
away on hols lads and just checkin the score on fridays game,can someone confirm that calla is back with us again,i thought he left for england.

Monkfish
27/09/2009, 12:56 PM
away on hols lads and just checkin the score on fridays game,can someone confirm that calla is back with us again,i thought he left for england.

Started against monaghan and came on as a sub v shels.
Guess you could put his break down to 'personal reasons' maybe?

Of course the amount of bull**** reasons made up by some people on here and around town are shown up to be exactly what they are now. :rolleyes:

da bishop
27/09/2009, 4:10 PM
good game,both sides played well ,thought we should have edged it though we were gifted two goals and can thank collopy for a good save near the end.we are scoring goals of late,but scullys teams are known for their ability to concede little so our recent easy concession of goals is a cause for concern...personnel available dictates this perhaps.

pimpong
27/09/2009, 4:53 PM
Gonna be tough, Dublins finest always make it hard with theie 'style' of play.

1-1
we better start getting used of that cause that will be limerick next year:mad:

gael353
27/09/2009, 7:59 PM

we dont know that yet, with some of the under 23s already signed and more to come along with most of the rest of the squad it should give a strong local core. Look if we were crap its best to be crap with locals rather then busing in a ton of dublin rejects and being crap. no point in bringing in dubs to be mid table. so they'll have to be quality. rem kavanagh is from carrick, and O'Flynn is mallow so they aint local either

Monkfish
28/09/2009, 10:08 AM

So we'll have no local players at all? none, nothing?
We aint Athletico Bilbao, we can get in non local players if they improve the squad if local players cant.
All-Limerick teams havent exactly been sucessful on a national level for quite a long time now. Even look a Munster, how many locals on their starting 15 these days?

bluewhitearmy
28/09/2009, 3:46 PM
Id prefer to challenge for something with a team of Dubs then be nowhere near with all locals.

BigfeetBigsocks
28/09/2009, 4:23 PM
Monkfish, i can understand your passion for Limerick but come on the players lost the two points not the ref... i could see it and many others can see it the ball hit his hand which was raised up and not at his side...today tomorrow every day after that will result in a Penalty being given...

What disappointed me was the skillful play limerick played easily opened the Monaghan defence but couldn't finish them. Limerick Defence were not at the races especially when the lads went 3-1 up.

but i now have watched a few games now and the difference from start of season to now is clear to see its moving in the right direction and hopefully keeps going that way till end of season and next..

the only 1
29/09/2009, 8:06 AM
So we'll have no local players at all? none, nothing?
We aint Athletico Bilbao, we can get in non local players if they improve the squad if local players cant.
All-Limerick teams havent exactly been sucessful on a national level for quite a long time now. Even look a Munster, how many locals on their starting 15 these days?

just proves the point we need the junior players on board with us next year but as for playing boyle right full shocking talk about putting a square peg in a round hole:rolleyes:

Monkfish
29/09/2009, 2:14 PM
players lost the two points not the ref.....

Never said they didnt.

BigfeetBigsocks
29/09/2009, 2:41 PM
Defence was poor again last night, Calla gonna need a few games before getting back to where he was. Martin at fault for the first, peno for the second was due to another crap ref (what was his story when we were trying to make 2 subs? absolutly shocking standard of refereeing) and their 3rd was just an all round cockup.
Every time they got in our half we looked dodgy, having said that if Calla put away his free header it was 4-1 game over.

Who said Scullys brand of football is boring? :)

Here, doesn't matter what ref was there it was a penalty... :ball:

Monkfish
29/09/2009, 10:00 PM
Here, doesn't matter what ref was there it was a penalty... :ball:

Read the rest of my post. Quite clear that I put the poor defensive performance as the main reason why we dropped points.
I blamed a poor ref for a poor call on the peno for their second. They acually scored 2 more goals didnt you know.

BigfeetBigsocks
30/09/2009, 7:45 AM
Read the rest of my post. Quite clear that I put the poor defensive performance as the main reason why we dropped points.
I blamed a poor ref for a poor call on the peno for their second. They acually scored 2 more goals didnt you know.

And if you read the rest of my post you its quite clear it was a penalty so how could it have been a poor call by the poor (sorry use your words crap) referee . take the blinkers off...the game should have been well won by Limerick before they gave the penalty away the game was lost by a poor (sorry use my words a crap) defence that night.

the dazzler
30/09/2009, 12:04 PM
shur he has boyle playing full back what do you want:eek:

LK37oldskool
30/09/2009, 12:49 PM
we seemed to have improved in many areas of the pitch but for so many reasons its been very difficult to keep the same back 4 together for a decent run.No team could keep makin that many changes weekly and not conceed reguarly.Def an area we'll see improvements on as players come back from injury.Defence was always Scully's strong point.Could see a couple of newbies there for the start of next season.

Monkfish
30/09/2009, 9:21 PM
And if you read the rest of my post you its quite clear it was a penalty .

Just cause you think so? :confused:
Im merely blaming the ref for the second, what part of my posts blame him for the other two?

Monkfish
30/09/2009, 9:25 PM
we seemed to have improved in many areas of the pitch but for so many reasons its been very difficult to keep the same back 4 together for a decent run.No team could keep makin that many changes weekly and not conceed reguarly.Def an area we'll see improvements on as players come back from injury.Defence was always Scully's strong point.Could see a couple of newbies there for the start of next season.

I think without Jason and Conner back there we were hopeless at times. Not forgetting Dave in goals.

L37Ultra
30/09/2009, 10:46 PM
just proves the point we need the junior players on board with us next year but as for playing boyle right full shocking talk about putting a square peg in a round hole:rolleyes:

They wouldn't be junior then would they :rolleyes: