PDA

View Full Version : Lest we forget.....

red_away
22/09/2009, 11:09 AM
I hate to put a damp squib on the whole thing but the forum has gone cup crazy....we have a semi final in a months time and in that time we have to get ourselves out of a relegation dogfight!!!

7 St Patrick's Athletic 27 9 2 16 21 / 37 29
8 Sligo Rovers 27 6 8 13 27 / 42 26
9 Drogheda United 28 5 9 14 22 / 36 24
10 Bray Wanderers 27 5 8 14 23 / 40 23

Lets face facts - the cup is not worth a 5h1t if we got releagted and if i see another contributor stating we are too good to go down i will scream!

Starting with shams - do we think we will do them and is everyone fit as we will need the first team out to get a win agianst this mob!

Forget the cup for now and lets focus on the real job at hand!

sligofan4ever
22/09/2009, 11:20 AM
I hate to put a damp squib on the whole thing but the forum has gone cup crazy....we have a semi final in a months time and in that time we have to get ourselves out of a relegation dogfight!!!

7 St Patrick's Athletic 27 9 2 16 21 / 37 29
8 Sligo Rovers 27 6 8 13 27 / 42 26
9 Drogheda United 28 5 9 14 22 / 36 24
10 Bray Wanderers 27 5 8 14 23 / 40 23

Lets face facts - the cup is not worth a 5h1t if we got releagted and if i see another contributor stating we are too good to go down i will scream!

Starting with shams - do we think we will do them and is everyone fit as we will need the first team out to get a win agianst this mob!

Forget the cup for now and lets focus on the real job at hand!

If we can pick up points between now and the semi final we should be in a good position to survive relegation. If the lads can keep this good unbeaten run going it would be great fot attendances in the semi fnal. I dont know why people would say we're "too good to go down", theres very few points between Bay and Pat's so really its going to possibly come down to the final day too see who gets relegated.

CF1989
22/09/2009, 12:35 PM
everyone available bar doyle who is suspended, i think we'l give shams a good game, hopefully knick a win

rovers100%
22/09/2009, 12:58 PM
shams are gonna make a serious push for the title now and will come to beat us but we are an improved side, im still not saying we dont have any problems but we have improved since transfer window. we need to stay tight at the back and play with confidence. shams have got the better of us too many times this season. they imo are best team we faced in the league this year and unlike bohs can score goals. i fear if we sit back like we did against the gypos they will open us up. maybe the best form of defence will be to attack. as long as centre of midfield dont get over ran we can possibly get a draw or sneak a win. i hope the team now have a bit of confidence back and realise we are a better team than we have earlier showed. as for too good for relegation , no team is too good. ya get relegated because you are the poorest team. the league table never lies. luck is huge in any sport and i believe in the cup we have had more than our share but in the league its been reversed.

Blowin_Rover
22/09/2009, 6:06 PM
Hi all, just saying hi from a London guy living in Sligo and this season watching the fabulous Rovers,some real twists and turns this season real roller coaster stuff at times and edge of your seat games,wanted to say well done to the lads for a superb season so far and with a fantasic cup run,hopefully we will manage to stay up as well.I do have a critisim though...can anyone tell me why when we are defending a corner or a free kick in our half the entire team comes back to defend,instead of leaving Blinkhorn or Raf or both on the half way line?Seems Brushy not only has to watch the attackers,but the whole of our team too!

CF1989
22/09/2009, 6:33 PM
we need to concentrate on the next months league games now, they come thick and fast and im sure the lads wont be thinking of the cup until the week leading upto it.

we'll all go to see rovers here, rovers there, rovers everywhere between now and then and focus on the relegation battle...

showgies
22/09/2009, 9:01 PM
Hi all, just saying hi from a London guy living in Sligo and this season watching the fabulous Rovers,some real twists and turns this season real roller coaster stuff at times and edge of your seat games,wanted to say well done to the lads for a superb season so far and with a fantasic cup run,hopefully we will manage to stay up as well.I do have a critisim though...can anyone tell me why when we are defending a corner or a free kick in our half the entire team comes back to defend,instead of leaving Blinkhorn or Raf or both on the half way line?Seems Brushy not only has to watch the attackers,but the whole of our team too!

Cook comes from the Benitez School of Management