PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Semi Final - Waterford United Home 23rd Oct

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sligofan4ever
21/09/2009, 7:11 PM
Ideal draw for us IMO.

After beating Derry,Cork and Bohs there no reason we cant go through.

Is it definatly the 23rd ? the 2 dates are the 23rd and 25th AFAIK.

ItaC
21/09/2009, 7:15 PM
yup, they said we're the Friday night match...

rovers100%
21/09/2009, 7:18 PM
god draw at home. hopefully bohs demoralise waterford in ea final and we keep our good run going.

sligofan4ever
21/09/2009, 7:21 PM
Did he say k/o 7:35 ?

MMVIII
21/09/2009, 7:21 PM
Showgrounds should hopefully be packed for this :) I'd say there'll be a large waterford crowd up too.

Happy enough. Wanted a home draw, and got one. Although would have preferred Bray at home.

Shedzer
21/09/2009, 7:23 PM
Did he say k/o 7:35 ?

Ya friday at 7.35pm

Only1Rovers
21/09/2009, 7:24 PM
waterford are in flying form at the moment, Bray may have been better..... but we're at home...

sligofan4ever
21/09/2009, 7:25 PM
Showgrounds should hopefully be packed for this :) I'd say there'll be a large waterford crowd up too.

Happy enough. Wanted a home draw, and got one. Although would have preferred Bray at home.

Hopefully its as big as the Derry semi-final in 2006. Hopefully with the form we're the whole town will be confident of winning first time around.

CarrickFan
21/09/2009, 7:30 PM
Hopefully its as big as the Derry semi-final in 2006. Hopefully with the form we're the whole town will be confident of winning first time around.

Home draw is great..did'nt mind who we got as long as it was at home...still sore over our exit to Waterford a couple of years ago so i hope we can get revenge this time!!..hopefully a huge crowd there to get behind the lads.

CF1989
21/09/2009, 7:31 PM
any home draw would have been a good one imo
cant take anything for granted, they'll come here full of confidence and will think they could get at least a replay. best chance in years that we'll get to a cup final.

looking forward to it

Brian Boru
21/09/2009, 7:31 PM
Best draw possible.

mint sauce
21/09/2009, 7:39 PM
cant wait

:)

srfc1928
21/09/2009, 8:10 PM
Delighted with the home draw
Friday night rather than Sunday afternoon is a bonus aswell.
Looking forward to it, but its going to be a tough one

red arrow
21/09/2009, 8:41 PM
great to get the home draw. it will be very tough but we can do it provided we remain fully focussed. the waterford / bohs ea league cup final will be a great opportunityfor paul cook to run the rule over them. where is that game being played ?

sligored
21/09/2009, 9:13 PM
i hate asking this but what is the proposed date for the final

Jeebus
21/09/2009, 9:33 PM
i hate asking this but what is the proposed date for the final

Here's a list to FAI fixtures for the year: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/pdf/2009loifixturelist.pdf.

I'll let you look up that date yourself cause i dont want to jinx anything;)

prodsc
21/09/2009, 9:39 PM
great to get the home draw. it will be very tough but we can do it provided we remain fully focussed. the waterford / bohs ea league cup final will be a great opportunityfor paul cook to run the rule over them. where is that game being played ?

Send someone to watch that one at the RSC and record it..we've got a game against some other Rovers the very same evening in Showgrounds that is kind of important!!

sligoman
22/09/2009, 12:56 AM
Hopefully a similar result to the last time Henderson managed in Showgies (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0927/sligo_cobh.html) ;).

redobit
22/09/2009, 9:08 AM
Send someone to watch that one at the RSC and record it..we've got a game against some other Rovers the very same evening in Showgrounds that is kind of important!!

Surley RTE are recording it.

Acornvilla
22/09/2009, 9:36 AM
itl be on telly just tape it

Jeebus
22/09/2009, 9:44 AM
Surley RTE are recording it.

It's live on Setanta at 5.30pm.

rovers100%
22/09/2009, 10:31 AM
dont wanna be a downer but the cup this year has been al about the underdog so lets not get over conident...... we are favs and this year the favs are getting bet. i just hope the players dont start thimking about the final before we even get there. i fear waterford will play us at our own tactics and set out to defend and get a replay outta us and look to beat us down there. good draw alright but we need to keep our heads down and realise there is a hard 90 mins ahead of us on 23 oct. it is a winnable game but im sure derry cork and bohs thought the same about us. saying all that i would love a day out in the final and if lads knuckle down and work hard we could get to tallaght

Redie
22/09/2009, 10:40 AM
itl be on telly just tape it

It's live on Setanta Ireland

sligofan4ever
22/09/2009, 11:09 AM
dont wanna be a downer but the cup this year has been al about the underdog so lets not get over conident...... we are favs and this year the favs are getting bet. i just hope the players dont start thimking about the final before we even get there. i fear waterford will play us at our own tactics and set out to defend and get a replay outta us and look to beat us down there. good draw alright but we need to keep our heads down and realise there is a hard 90 mins ahead of us on 23 oct. it is a winnable game but im sure derry cork and bohs thought the same about us. saying all that i would love a day out in the final and if lads knuckle down and work hard we could get to tallaght

I can see where your coming from rovers100% but after knocking out Cork,Derry and Bohs compared to say Bray knocking out Tralee and Longford (cant remember the other team they knocked out) who really is the underdog after knocking out 3 teams from the top 4 ?

rovers100%
22/09/2009, 1:03 PM
i know what your saying but out of all the teams left we are the favs and in each round there has been a shock. the only shock in the semi would be for waterford to knock us out as ya wouldnt be suprised with fingal beating bray or vice versa. over confidence can be a bad thing as sure many will agree. we have suffered all year from having little or no confidence and hope now the team does not go into the semi thinking "wonder who we will play in the final" waterford are not far of promotion in first div plus in the ea cup final. they will come to the showgrounds and belive they can at the very least draw or beat us. we need to be confident just not over confident

bingoballs
22/09/2009, 5:24 PM
i know what your saying but out of all the teams left we are the favs and in each round there has been a shock. the only shock in the semi would be for waterford to knock us out as ya wouldnt be suprised with fingal beating bray or vice versa. over confidence can be a bad thing as sure many will agree. we have suffered all year from having little or no confidence and hope now the team does not go into the semi thinking "wonder who we will play in the final" waterford are not far of promotion in first div plus in the ea cup final. they will come to the showgrounds and belive they can at the very least draw or beat us. we need to be confident just not over confident
Spot on, according to their manager last night they have been beaten once in 17 away games this season. Thats some record!

Martinho II
22/09/2009, 6:20 PM
lads be careful.. the last time waterford utd reached the fai semis as a first division side was in 2001 when we played them away on the sunday.. that ended in a draw and we needed virtually a late winner to beat them at home.in the replay.

i have a feeling that the game will go to a replay..

red bellied
10/10/2009, 11:07 AM
Waterford have three players suspended according to this.

http://btid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1946-sligo-v-blues-early-team-news/

SligoBrewer
10/10/2009, 1:10 PM
Devine being out is a huge loss for them.

avvenalaf
10/10/2009, 2:28 PM
Devine being out is a huge loss for them.

Maybe we should loan them Brushy to play in goals.

sligofan4ever
10/10/2009, 2:34 PM
With the form we're in, I just get more and more confident that we'll win this in The Showgrounds, Waterford missing 3 players (including keeper) is a real blow to them. The only thing we need to do is actually take the chances we get, we spurned to many last night (was full sure Doyle was going to be on the score sheet). We need to take our chnces well, Cash ha been great since mid August, in 13 days time he'll surely keep it up :) In Kiely and Cummins they've got a great strikforce, but Peers and Keane at CB should handle them, they dont know what they're up against with 2 strong,reliable defenders, nothing like the first division.

sligofan4ever
10/10/2009, 3:54 PM
is doyle cup tied?if so a massive blow as he works his socks off.

If Doyle haden't scored against Bohs we mightened be in the semi final ;)

showgies
10/10/2009, 3:55 PM
is doyle cup tied?if so a massive blow as he works his socks off.

:confused:Who scored the winner vs Bohs?:confused:

showgies
10/10/2009, 3:56 PM
If Doyle haden't scored against Bohs we mightened be in the semi final ;)

Feck ya, you beat me to it!

forza rovers
10/10/2009, 3:56 PM
not thinking!!its being on of those days:o

CF1989
10/10/2009, 10:08 PM
delighted , kiely suspended. their main man. just have cummins to watch out for now really

MMVIII
10/10/2009, 10:22 PM
Does anybody at the minute really care too much about this? Staying up for me, is all thats important. In saying that, would absolutely love to win the cup. Europe again would be class, but I'd gladly trade that in to watch us play Premier Division football next season. String a few wins together last 6 games and then we can concentrate on this :) Rant over.

sligofan4ever
10/10/2009, 10:25 PM
Does anybody at the minute really care too much about this? Staying up for me, is all thats important. In saying that, would absolutely love to win the cup. Europe again would be class, but I'd gladly trade that in to watch us play Premier Division football next season. String a few wins together last 6 games and then we can concentrate on this :) Rant over.

Well after knocking out 3 of the top 4, its hard to turn your attention away from this now. If we can stay up would be great, to stay up, win the Cup and qualify for Europe would be even greater.

CF1989
10/10/2009, 10:29 PM
why be satisfied with just one or the other? go and do both! have a bit of belief! we're well able to stay up and go on and win the cup

MMVIII
10/10/2009, 10:31 PM
have a bit of belief!

Tis hard with this Club eh?

Wouldn't change it mind you :)

CF1989
10/10/2009, 10:46 PM
Aye. just need to go game by game now and see hat happens

sligofan4ever
11/10/2009, 6:44 PM
Not sure how long its been up, but just found this video on the rovers website homepage.
http://www.sligorovers.com/

blue til i die
11/10/2009, 8:24 PM
delighted , kiely suspended. their main man. just have cummins to watch out for now really

He's been terrible lately. Cummins is probly a bigger threat atm!

prodsc
11/10/2009, 10:45 PM
Not sure how long its been up, but just found this video on the rovers website homepage.
http://www.sligorovers.com/

Is the game not at 7.35?

sligoman
11/10/2009, 11:15 PM
Is the game not at 7.35?It is.

prodsc
11/10/2009, 11:21 PM
It is.

Then they might get the time right on the OS

Also bout the OS- we play(and have played once already) CLIFTONVILLE not Coleraine in Setanta cup!!

Sorry to whine!

red bellied
12/10/2009, 11:01 AM
http://oceanfm.ie/news/2009/10/11/rovers-call-on-sligo-to-show-its-colours/

Sligo Rovers are calling on all local business in Sligo and the surrounding
counties to show their colours ahead of the club’s upcoming FAI Ford Cup
semi-final against Waterford United on Friday October 23rd in the
Showgrounds. The club wants to see the county painted red and white and are
encouraging local shops and businesses to proudly display the club’s
colours. Flags can be got through the club and the club is hoping that
there will be a large response to their call. This game is without question
going to be the highlight of the Sligo sporting calendar and it has
captured the imagination of the Sligo public with the game fast approaching
a sell out. For further information or to get a Sligo Rovers flag for your
premise please contact Sligo Rovers Club Promotions Officers Keith O’Dwyer
on 086-8235780 or 071-9171212.

sligoman
12/10/2009, 11:57 AM
Let's see how well it works...they'd do it for the gah alright but Rovers I'm not so sure. Hopefully.

Rovers Maniac
12/10/2009, 1:35 PM
Let's see how well it works...they'd do it for the gah alright but Rovers I'm not so sure. Hopefully.

Get out of that, although usually this sort of thing is kept for the final, to be fair the town was covered in red and white flags and bunting in 94 in memory serves me right, it's a tradition around the town although usually kept for the cup finals though. Corporation look after the streets, shops look after their own stores, people look after their own houses and cars etc. Deffo getting a flag to hang out the bedroom window, it will be handy too for getting some fresh air into the love pit !!! :p

Rovers Maniac
12/10/2009, 1:49 PM
How are the tickets going for this does anybody know, can imagine there will be a big run on them just before the match if it is like the Derry match from a few years ago. How many do Waterford get? I think they will do well to bring a couple of hundred. as they seem to be only getting small crowds.