PDA

View Full Version : dead wood

Acornvilla
21/09/2009, 4:15 PM
who do ye think will be let go at the end of the season and who should we keep hold of?

Longfordian
21/09/2009, 4:28 PM
Easier to list who to keep, in an ideal world contracts, injuries and money permitting etc.

Keep: O'Leary, Shanahan, McCarthy, King, McCartney, Lynch, McKenna, Murphy, Glynn, Lee, Foley

Maybes: Cronin, Curran/Jinks (not sure which i prefer)

Let go: Kenny, Gough, McMillan (though he's only on loan so I expect he'll go back to Shels anyhow), Jinks/Curran, Russo.

That's about all I can think of at present.

Acornvilla
21/09/2009, 5:21 PM
no complaints there isnt mccarthy on loan from bohs aswell?

Longfordian
21/09/2009, 5:53 PM
Yeah I forgot to say depending on his contract status at Bohs etc.

Martinho II
21/09/2009, 6:29 PM
Easier to list who to keep, in an ideal world contracts, injuries and money permitting etc.

Keep: O'Leary, Shanahan, McCarthy, King, McCartney, Lynch, McKenna, Murphy, Glynn, Lee, Foley

Maybes: Cronin, Curran/Jinks (not sure which i prefer)

Let go: Kenny, Gough, McMillan (though he's only on loan so I expect he'll go back to Shels anyhow), Jinks/Curran, Russo.

That's about all I can think of at present.

assume longfordian the mckenna you wish to keep is Darren McKenna and not Neil McKenna

Longfordian
21/09/2009, 6:36 PM
Yeah, sorry Marty it is Darren. I forgot about Neil McKenna I haven't seen alot of him to be perfectly honest so I'll leave it up to others to decide on him.

Martinho II
21/09/2009, 6:58 PM
Yeah, sorry Marty it is Darren. I forgot about Neil McKenna I haven't seen alot of him to be perfectly honest so I'll leave it up to others to decide on him.

I am not that pushed on Neil McKenna from seeing him a few times.. I would rather have Darren than Neil.

Tallanted
21/09/2009, 9:16 PM
Darren made a huge difference when he came on in Wexford, him and gkynn have a great understanding.

Acornvilla
21/09/2009, 10:23 PM
i think we might have a decent squad next year because of conins reputation and connections and if we keep the good players we do have and build i'l be very hopefull of a top half finish and sure theres always the cup!

Longfordian
21/09/2009, 10:27 PM
Hopefully we won't be starting from scratch as we have been for the past two seasons with no players or manager so that should help. Even though most if not all of our players are out of contract you'd imagine Cronin is already talking to the ones he wants to keep so we should have a base to work from.

Acornvilla
21/09/2009, 10:39 PM
hopefully.. hes also the first manager we have had in a whyle that wasnt a big risk as he had prior managerial experience! he kicks every ball at the matches hes good to watch

Martinho II
22/09/2009, 5:53 PM
unlike the previous two managers Gareth walks the walk and talks the talk! this makes a huge difference to the club

Acornvilla
22/09/2009, 5:58 PM
yep hes the right man for the job in everyones eyes i think

Salmon Coloured
23/09/2009, 10:41 AM
Keep Cronin,
Keep good players,
Win next season,
Premier next,
Money,
Sugar,
Women,

OK ill take Cronin & the good players staying for a start.

De Town
23/09/2009, 10:59 AM
I'd keep O'Leary, Shanahan, McCarthy, King, Lee, Murphy, Darren McKenna, Glynn, Lynch. I really don't think the rest are up to much.

Acornvilla
23/09/2009, 9:00 PM
i think shanahan is a better keeper its beyond me why danny is brilliant in the cup and dodgey as ledley kings knee for league games