PDA

View Full Version : Brian McCarthy

Martinho II
18/09/2009, 7:32 PM
well folks,

I was looking at an old Longford Town Cork City match programme from 2004 and I saw a certain Brian McCarthy in the Cork City panel. Is that the same Brian McCarthy that plays for us and ex Cobh Ramblers and Athlone Town?:confused:

sheao
19/09/2009, 4:47 PM
well folks,

I was looking at an old Longford Town Cork City match programme from 2004 and I saw a certain Brian McCarthy in the Cork City panel. Is that the same Brian McCarthy that plays for us and ex Cobh Ramblers and Athlone Town?:confused:

Not too sure,according to extratime.ie , he graduated from Athlone's academy in 2006 no mention of him playing for City even though i do recall a Brian Mc Carthy playing for us .

TheBoss
19/09/2009, 5:42 PM
It was a different Brian McCarthy, he played as a striker.

Martinho II
19/09/2009, 8:35 PM
It was a different Brian McCarthy, he played as a striker.

I know the Brian McCarthy thats playing for us this season was born in Cork but I never heard of him at Cork City before.. Wheres Ash when you need him? Hes Brian McCarthys biggest fan!!:D

Longfordian
19/09/2009, 8:41 PM
The family moved up to Athlone when he was 14 or 15 or something if I remember rightly from the Athlone folk on here. He played with them for a few years underage and with the first team. I think he's only 21 or so now.

el nino coro
23/09/2009, 12:34 PM
i think you will find that there is a brian McCarthy playing with msl side rockmount who was on cork citys books a few years back

Battery Rover
23/09/2009, 12:51 PM
Brian never played with Cork City. He played underage with us before going to Bohemians

rambler14
25/09/2009, 4:21 PM
They both played for Ramblers and they are both sh!te.

The Brian McCarthy now at Longford being the worst of the two.....absolute crap and in the time he was at Ramblers got them relegated by himself.

Acornvilla
28/09/2009, 11:30 PM
he was also only 19 you expect too much from a kid he has been our best player this year with the exception of tom king

Cici900
30/09/2009, 5:09 PM
he was also only 19 you expect too much from a kid he has been our best player this year with the exception of tom king

How bad are the rest of your squad???

He was by far the WORST player I have ever seen in a Cobh shirt

Martinho II
01/10/2009, 10:13 AM
How bad are the rest of your squad???

He was by far the WORST player I have ever seen in a Cobh shirt

McCarthy is one of our best players from a squad thats not as good as a few years ago .. theres a few bad apples in the squad that wont be there next season..

Acornvilla
01/10/2009, 5:24 PM
he wasnt very good for us at the start of the season seemed very nervous and lacked composure bt he has grown in confidence immensly as the season has progressed i think he is a much improved player

marty
01/10/2009, 7:07 PM
Yeah both played for Cobh,one of them I think hails from midleton (small village outside Cobh) the other was in someway linked to Bohs and Athlone--have to agree one if not both of them were utterly dire

Roo69
05/10/2009, 1:55 PM
he wasnt very good for us at the start of the season seemed very nervous and lacked composure bt he has grown in confidence immensly as the season has progressed i think he is a much improved player

I thought he was excellent in both of the cup games against us last month.

rambler14
05/10/2009, 3:39 PM
I thought he was excellent in both of the cup games against us last month.

Ye must be crap so!

Acornvilla
05/10/2009, 3:47 PM
Ye must be crap so!
when he played for you he was a 17 year old boy he is a very good player now come watch us play if you need proof

Martinho II
05/10/2009, 8:34 PM
Brian McCarthy mark my words will be the longford town player of the season.. hes a class act and his goal for us last sat was something else!

Acornvilla
05/10/2009, 8:41 PM
Brian McCarthy mark my words will be the longford town player of the season.. hes a class act and his goal for us last sat was something else!

hes wining my player of the season poll on bebo!:D:D
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3760611201