PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports Cup Final build-up thread

stann
18/09/2009, 5:47 PM
Gathering a bit of momentum up now, certainly locally a bit is being done to get a few people in:

Quite a few pieces in the papers of late regarding ticketting arrangements and what not.
At least one of the locals will also be doing a spread on the match next week I think.
Local radio to start kicking in from this weekend.
And the signs put up by waterfordbhoy and others are class! Saw them on the way into town today. "Willie win a medal?", "Devine Intervention" and so on. Crap puns I'd be proud of myself. Will grab a few pics tomorrow and post them here.

I believe Bohs have been given between 800 and 1200 tickets.
Which would be 3-4 blocks of the new stand, with the rest going on sale here closer to the time if needed.

Steodonn
22/09/2009, 9:22 PM
Should be a good trip. What sort of coward are Waterford expecting for this

Cant wait myself after us going out of the FAI cup this will have to do as the cup final I was planning :P

stann
23/09/2009, 2:06 PM
Should be a good trip. What sort of coward are Waterford expecting for this

Noel is coming down I think.

stann
23/09/2009, 2:16 PM
:p :D

Some of those signs up all around the approaches to the town...

http://waterford-united.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sml_EA_DW.jpg

stann
23/09/2009, 2:18 PM
http://waterford-united.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sml_EA_WJK.jpg

http://waterford-united.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sml_EA_sign.jpg

blue til i die
23/09/2009, 3:06 PM
they're brilliant, i always laugh when i drive past them.

rovers100%
24/09/2009, 9:34 PM
wish ye all the best lads, bad side of me wants ye to get hamered so confidence gets shattered for playing us in the semi's but as a football fan in honesty i want ye to win as keeps the trophies away from the jackeens and would like ye to win for the home fans as would make a great memory for any waterford supporter. all the best lads ;)

noby
25/09/2009, 8:55 AM
Excuse my ignorance, I've been out of the loop with a while (now I'm hoping to jump back in, bandwagonesque), but what's the story with tickets for this? Are they likely to be on sale on the gate? Failing that are there any on sale in Dungarvan?

stann
25/09/2009, 9:30 AM
They're on sale in Ger Wyley's anyway Noby, AFAIK.
And PM sent.

Steodonn
25/09/2009, 4:25 PM
What is this strange thing. Is that the marketing I have heard so much about :P

BohDiddley
26/09/2009, 9:47 AM
Great stuff on the postering lads.

Anyone know if there will be pay at the gate for Bohs fans for this? It would save me a big detour via Dalymount.

I know common sense would dictate that there should be, but this is an FAI-run event...

BohDiddley
29/09/2009, 4:14 PM

Anyone know if there will be pay at the gate for Bohs fans for this? It would save me a big detour via Dalymount.

I know common sense would dictate that there should be, but this is an FAI-run event...

So yeah... thanks for clearing that up! :p

blue til i die
29/09/2009, 4:26 PM

Absolutely, pay on the gate when you arrive! :D

BohDiddley
29/09/2009, 6:15 PM
Absolutely, pay on the gate when you arrive! :D
Do you honestly think it could be that simple? More like pay on the gate when you arrive there for the fourth time... :D

Never mind. All's well that... ;)