PDA

View Full Version : Kenna resigns fron the Saint

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fester
18/09/2009, 11:51 AM
Statement form the Club:

“The manager of St. Patrick’s Athletic, Jeff Kenna, has tendered his resignation to the board this monring. The board have accepted his resignation, wish to acknowledge his contribution and thank him for his efforts.

Maurice O Driscoll will take charge of this evening’s fixture against Galway United.

The club will be making no further comment at this point”.

Richard Sadlier

eamo1
18/09/2009, 11:57 AM
As a Galway Utd fan id just like to say,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA:D.

Rory H
18/09/2009, 11:58 AM
Great timing, couldn't handle another defeat in Galway maybe!

Pat's lose tonight they are right in the relegation scrap.....

Sam_Heggy
18/09/2009, 11:59 AM
Ah crap, I have money on Galway this weekend, he could have at least stayed til after that game. :(

Seriously though, It is the right decision for him and for Pats, maybe should have done this earlier but I suppose the Euro games dragged it on a bit further.

blackholesun
18/09/2009, 12:02 PM
He was hit hard by injuries but some of his signings have been a shambles, Gary Rogers and Lester in particular. Those 3-0 hidings at home early in the season wrecked his credibility.

Fair play to him for walking now rather than waiting for a pay-off but he is now loss to Pats or the league and I cant see him doing much in management after this.

bhs

pineapple stu
18/09/2009, 12:04 PM
How on earth did he get rubbish league form yet superb European results?!

Acornvilla
18/09/2009, 12:04 PM
me neither but then again he might learn from his mistakes and become a netter manager?? he will probably take a year out thou?

eamo1
18/09/2009, 12:07 PM
I wonder will Sadlier now try poach our latest manager Ian Foster like he did Kenna.
I was really looking forward to hurling abuse at Kenna,now some of the fun has been taken out of tonight's game:).

Fester
18/09/2009, 12:11 PM

God only knows. He can take at least a dozen players with him.

brendy_éire
18/09/2009, 12:22 PM
Pat Dolan rumouring in the Star than Stephen Kenny is a target for Pats.

Sheridan
18/09/2009, 12:34 PM
Do you think they'll bring Roger Moore back? :confused:

MariborKev
18/09/2009, 12:37 PM
Pat Dolan rumouring in the Star than Stephen Kenny is a target for Pats.

Wouldn't suprise me.

There is going to have to be some savage cuts made in the close season, dunno if he will stick about for that......

Acornvilla
18/09/2009, 12:37 PM
give pat dolan the job i miss seeing him in management! what about pat scully??

OneRedArmy
18/09/2009, 12:50 PM
I think Kenny leaving on good terms at this stage would be mutually beneficial for both parties.

We need a manager who can operate comfortably in the straightened economic climate we're in and I don't think Kenny is that man.

fergalr
18/09/2009, 12:52 PM
To Pats fans: Better get as much use as you can out of that "Never Relegated" banner over the next few weeks.

Paddyfield
18/09/2009, 12:55 PM
Kenna was an excellent manager for Galway United. It was regrettable that he left in the manner that he did but I have fond memories of his time here.

I'm not too sure that Foster will be here next season as his wife has a good job in Birmingham University and is expecting their first child.

Will Kenna return????

Hairy Bowsie
18/09/2009, 1:25 PM
Do you think they'll bring Roger Moore back? :confused:

Just saved me the trouble of posting this :)

gufct
18/09/2009, 1:29 PM
Kenna was an excellent manager for Galway United. It was regrettable that he left in the manner that he did but I have fond memories of his time here.

I'm not too sure that Foster will be here next season as his wife has a good job in Birmingham University and is expecting their first child.

Will Kenna return????

Are you on Morphine?The man was a self obsessed ****.Id be more worried about whether there will be a Galway United there next season and there is no way Judas Jeff would be welcomed back EVER !!!!!!!!!1

placid casual
18/09/2009, 1:33 PM
eddie gormley.
Hast been at the touchline for the past few weeks at Bray.
expect it to be announced soon

LukeO
18/09/2009, 1:36 PM
eddie gormley.
Hast been at the touchline for the past few weeks at Bray.

He's been suspended...

lowroadrover
18/09/2009, 1:40 PM
Kenna is not a good manager, every week its one excuse after another , his teams are terrible to watch and his signings(gary rogers!!) are questionable .

Mr A
18/09/2009, 1:42 PM
Paul Hegarty for Pats!

naoise kennedy
18/09/2009, 1:46 PM
He's been suspended...

yes he has been suspended but ,, we now have bo mckeever and paul osam and now also pat devlin back,, do we need these three.??????? maybe paul osam will go for it..

GuisaSaigon
18/09/2009, 1:50 PM
Haha! didn't fancy being beaten by Galway for the fourth time this season? How the mighty have fallen! Thought he was too good for us where is he now? Walked out on two contracts in one season, well done Jeff!

eamo1
18/09/2009, 2:17 PM
Calm down GUFCT,Paddyfield was just giving his opinion of what he thought of him.
Kenna wont work in this country again anytime soon,if at all.

eamo1
18/09/2009, 2:17 PM
"in this league" i meant obviously.

oriel
18/09/2009, 2:28 PM
To Pats fans: Better get as much use as you can out of that "Never Relegated" banner over the next few weeks.

Cant see them going down this season, but interesting to note only them, Bohs and Cork never spent time in Div 1 from the current 22.

Sam_Heggy
18/09/2009, 2:42 PM
Paul Hegarty for Pats!

Or maybe, Kenny to Pats and Higsy to muckersville?

Mr A
18/09/2009, 2:54 PM

That would be class. :D

Redie
18/09/2009, 3:05 PM
I hear it'll be Rob McDonald.

John83
18/09/2009, 3:11 PM
I'd ask the same question of Benitez, but I expect some of the answer is worth millions (http://tsdg.typepad.com/restaurants/2009/07/picassos-napkin.html).

PartySaint
18/09/2009, 3:16 PM

The players actually tried in Europe and put f-all effort in in the league

MariborKev
18/09/2009, 3:18 PM

Stranger things have happened.......

brianw82
18/09/2009, 3:22 PM
I'd be more inclined to believe that Gormley will end up at Pats. He's probably taken Bray as far as he can and he's a legend at Richmond Park, so................ I expect Steve Staunton to be unveiled on Monday. :)

Sam_Heggy
18/09/2009, 3:44 PM

Jaysus, I know things are not rosey in Derry but have ye all lost yer marbles too?

Dalymountrower
18/09/2009, 3:56 PM
I heard that Pats have been talking to Kenny over the past fortnight to take the job for next season, presumably the loss to Waterford fast forwarded the decision for both Kenna and Pats.

WoodquayBoy
18/09/2009, 4:19 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they had approached Kenny, they have history in relation to approaching managers under contract at other clubs. Kenna steered United to safety with a poxy win on the last day of the season. His qualoolities as a manager? Look at transfers in one position to tell you all you need to know - he swapped Barry Ryan for Patrick Kielty. 'Nuff said. Beautiful Karma, but the 3 points tonight are no longer guaranteed for us !

gufc2000
18/09/2009, 5:27 PM
Good man Jeff! You couldn't handle the pressure, don't worry we don't want you back.

Carlsberg don't do fairytale endings, but if they did, they would probably be the best fairytale endings in the world!

dcfcsteve
18/09/2009, 5:33 PM
Cant see them going down this season, but interesting to note only them, Bohs and Cork never spent time in Div 1 from the current 22.

Or more accurately - add City to the above list to get clubs who have never been relegated.

You can only start out in a league at whatever the bottom level happens to be at the time.

dcfcsteve
18/09/2009, 5:35 PM
Jaysus, I know things are not rosey in Derry but have ye all lost yer marbles too?

Bring back Felix.....! :D

LukeO
18/09/2009, 6:01 PM
Or more accurately - add City to the above list to get clubs who have never been relegated.

More accurately? They're both equally accurate. :confused: And something can't be more accurate than something that is accurate, surely?

kdjaC
18/09/2009, 6:04 PM
Heard Kenny name being mentioned quite a lot.

Kenna wasnt great but tbh the players didnt help, showing up only for Europe....wonder what the bonuses are for that.

blue til i die
18/09/2009, 6:11 PM
Rico was sitting near me at the game on tuesday........ :eek:

Infadel
18/09/2009, 6:13 PM
Is Rico not semi-retired? the only job that would probably interest him would be if the Rovers job became available.

Flexy
18/09/2009, 7:01 PM
Wont be back if hegarty gets the Derry job, we have muppets on the board, stephen McCarron WHO!!!!!!!!!!!

Martinho II
18/09/2009, 7:07 PM
I heard that Pats have been talking to Kenny over the past fortnight to take the job for next season, presumably the loss to Waterford fast forwarded the decision for both Kenna and Pats.

it would be a good move for kenny.. Dont forget before he managed us he was pats under 21 coach and was a great success for them.. He has a great feeling for the club and will be a success..

SkStu
18/09/2009, 7:20 PM
More accurately? They're both equally accurate. :confused: And something can't be more accurate than something that is accurate, surely?

accuracy is not an exact science.

thischarmingman
18/09/2009, 7:20 PM
Don't think anyone doubts Kenny will be back managing in Dublin sometime in the future, if not next season, then somewhere in the short-medium term future. I would have always said he'd want the Rovers job when/if it comes up but I'm sure he'd fancy the challenge at Richmond Park too. As someone above said, I think Rico would only be interested in Tallagh also.

Oddly enough, Kenna was on Setanta last night doing analysis of the EL games and spoke quite a lot about Pat and the league in Europe. Odd that he must have known then he was walking just a few hours later.

Aaron
18/09/2009, 7:44 PM
Kenny said he's going nowhere according to todays Journal

thischarmingman
18/09/2009, 7:46 PM
Kenny said he's going nowhere according to todays Journal

DERRY CITY boss, Stephen Kenny, has totally dismissed speculation that he had been approached by another League of Ireland club in relation to moving away from the Brandywell at the end of the current season.
Staying Put! (http://www.derryjournal.com/derry-sport/Staying-Put.5660225.jp)