PDA

View Full Version : Athlone .V. The Blues - Predictions

Iorfa2MaccaJim
17/09/2009, 5:09 PM
Hi lads.

Just wondering, how do see the game going on Saturday night. BTW, I'm a Waterford United fan. I personally think we'll win 3 or 4 nil.

What do ye think ?

Scrufil
17/09/2009, 5:43 PM
You must have no faith in your forwards if you think ye will win 3 or 4 nil! On current form Athlone Town are likely to let in at least 7!

blue til i die
17/09/2009, 7:05 PM
a scrappy 1-0 win

ATFC-1887
18/09/2009, 6:58 AM
bein honest i reckon we will either pick up a shock draw or 2-1 win or on the other hand we will get thumped 5 or 6 nil. most likely the latter to be correct

Ash
18/09/2009, 7:26 AM
bein honest i reckon we will either pick up a shock draw or 2-1 win or on the other hand we will get thumped 5 or 6 nil. most likely the latter to be correct

Thats hedging your bets ... we might get a draw ... or shock win ... or else lose :D
For the record, I agree. I will definately be 1 of those results

supersol
18/09/2009, 9:26 PM
Athlone are due a good result & Waterford could be the one!!

ATFC-1887
19/09/2009, 9:37 PM
Thats hedging your bets ... we might get a draw ... or shock win ... or else lose
For the record, I agree. I will definately be 1 of those results

:cool::cool::cool:

Iorfa2MaccaJim
22/09/2009, 4:41 PM
What a perfprmance from The Blues on Saturday night last. Personally I thought we were magnificent. To be dowm to 9 men, and to come away from Lissywollen with alll three points was a fantastic result.

Ash
23/09/2009, 7:26 AM
What a perfprmance from The Blues on Saturday night last. Personally I thought we were magnificent. To be dowm to 9 men, and to come away from Lissywollen with alll three points was a fantastic result.

Ah yeah, but they were 9 good men ;)

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/09/2009, 11:27 AM
Ash Wrote :

Ah yeah, but they were 9 good men ;)

Cheers Ash.

the only 1
24/09/2009, 4:39 PM

good game yere left full +forward were great who are they keeper was dogdy though

Iorfa2MaccaJim
24/09/2009, 6:45 PM
The Only 1 Wrote :

good game yere left full +forward were great who are they keeper was dogdy though

We played a 4-3-3.

Our left back is Seamus Long. He used to play for U.C.D, and eas signed by Pat Scully for Shamrock Rovers in 2006, incedentally winning a First Division winners medal with Rovers that season. He later went on to play Munster Senior League football with Cork side Douglas Hall, and was regarded as the best player in the league for the two seasons he was there.

The 3 forwards that played that night were goal machine Graham Cummins (no introduction necessery), and West Waterford duo, Vinny Sullivan and Willie John Kiely.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
24/09/2009, 6:50 PM
I forgot to ask :

Is there highlights of the game anywhere. No offence, but I would love to relive the goals.

stann
25/09/2009, 6:23 AM
Cummins hardly lasted long enough to catch the eye though.
Since Vinny dropped a bit deeper after the sendings off, I'd say the forward you're on about is Willie John Kiely.

And it depends on when you're talking about for the left back too.
After Fletch got his marching orders Schlong went in centre half, so the left back from half an hour onwards, and thus the lad you probably mean, was John Kearney.

And wash your mouth out calling Soopa Keepa dodgy! :eek:

the only 1
25/09/2009, 11:42 AM
The Only 1 Wrote :

We played a 4-3-3.

Our left back is Seamus Long. He used to play for U.C.D, and eas signed by Pat Scully for Shamrock Rovers in 2006, incedentally winning a First Division winners medal with Rovers that season. He later went on to play Munster Senior League football with Cork side Douglas Hall, and was regarded as the best player in the league for the two seasons he was there.

The 3 forwards that played that night were goal machine Graham Cummins (no introduction necessery), and West Waterford duo, Vinny Sullivan and Willie John Kiely.

cheers wheres the left full gone who played before him cleary is it ?

stann
25/09/2009, 12:23 PM
Cleary? :confused:

supersol
25/09/2009, 10:49 PM
Lads,

I know Waterford done excellent to come away with 3 pts!!
I was at the match & was very disappointed in Athlone especially playing against 9 players!!
Athlone never pushed their extra men advantage at all!!
(Take off Stephen Place <honest player but thats it> and put on a creative player and go for it)

Another waste of a season for the "bit of lack and blue"!!

Highlights can only be Robbie Benson / Tom O Halloran and some other young locals who have done well!!

Pity Noel Magee does not get more trust!!