PDA

View Full Version : Kildare/Wexford

Lamper.sffc
16/09/2009, 10:23 PM
Time to forget about the cup and focus back on the league.
I have to admit im a little worried that our heads might be turned by the cup. The team need to focus back on the league.
Im hoping the tie didnt take too much out of us and that we will use a little bit of the squad over these two games to keep people fresh. We have good players who are not in the starting lineup. These could easily come in, in either game, without weakening the team too much. Zayed, Doyle, Byrne, Colm james and the new lad Foley. Lorcan Fitzgerald will hopefully be fit for the games as well.

Im not saying make loads of changes but a little tweaking of the first team might not be out of order for both the games. Why have quality back up if you dont make use of it from time to time. Its at this stage the quality of our squad might play a significant role in the run in.

What do Kildare and wexford fans think about the game ahead and how is their teams playing at the moment. Any injury worries?

EDIT

Williams and Frost are out of the Kildare game due to suspension. Lorcan Fitzgerald is fit again. So I guess lorcan replaces Frosty and maybe Foley in for Williams

Fingal Fan
17/09/2009, 6:05 PM
The Cup experience has been great but a win in these next two league games is a priority now . Hardly be the same story as last time in Kildare when we won 8-0 as they have improved but Finn Harps won there 2-0 two weeks ago so I fancy our chances of the 3 points . As you say Lamper some of the other lads may get a run now . Thought Stephen Paisley got very tired on Tuesday night so maybe Philip Byrne there. Robbie Bayly limped off on Tueday, Colm James in for him .Maybe a start for both Robbie Doyle and Eamonn Zayed .The squad is strong and can cope .

Lamper.sffc
17/09/2009, 7:05 PM
The Cup experience has been great but a win in these next two league games is a priority now . Hardly be the same story as last time in Kildare when we won 8-0 as they have improved but Finn Harps won there 2-0 two weeks ago so I fancy our chances of the 3 points . As you say Lamper some of the other lads may get a run now . Thought Stephen Paisley got very tired on Tuesday night so maybe Philip Byrne there. Robbie Bayly limped off on Tueday, Colm James in for him .Maybe a start for both Robbie Doyle and Eamonn Zayed .The squad is strong and can cope .

Would like to see him in if bayly isnt going to play. He was a good player for us last year. He can fill in for gannon if he needs a rest also.

Philip Byrne is not a bad replacement if needs be. In fact you could argue he should be in the first team. Touch and go between him and paisley imo.

All in all we have great options if we need to rest people.