PDA

View Full Version : Semi final

lowflyingseagul
16/09/2009, 8:12 AM
results last night could have been worse :)

thedoyler
16/09/2009, 3:07 PM
It would be a massive lift for all if we could do it. We are as strong as each of the teams left in the competition. Sligo away would be the one to avoid as we have come home empty handed from there with much stronger Bray sides. The draw has been very kind for us and I hope that continues in the semis. Anybody could win it from here. Whoever wins it will get a much needed boost in terms of profile in the recession, from what i hear in total (cup win, europe, setanta if its still around) would be worth a min 300k to the winning side. Thats massive in our league. Fingers crossed!!

peadar1987
16/09/2009, 5:32 PM
It would be a massive lift for all if we could do it. We are as strong as each of the teams left in the competition. Sligo away would be the one to avoid as we have come home empty handed from there with much stronger Bray sides. The draw has been very kind for us and I hope that continues in the semis. Anybody could win it from here. Whoever wins it will get a much needed boost in terms of profile in the recession, from what i hear in total (cup win, europe, setanta if its still around) would be worth a min 300k to the winning side. Thats massive in our league. Fingers crossed!!

When's the semi-final on? I'm getting nervous already. Come on Bray!

Roo69
16/09/2009, 5:37 PM
When's the semi-final on? I'm getting nervous already. Come on Bray!

Weekend of the 23rd October, just after the Liverpool Legends game. Should be a huge week for the club, well hopefully ;)

Our away game against Sligo in the League was supposed to be on the 24th so that will be rearranged. With the way these things work we will draw Sligo away anyway !

If, and its a big if did win the Cup then that figure of €300k would transform our club for next season and who we could sign etc (providing we stay in the premier as well !) Jesus so many ifs :)

Seagull
16/09/2009, 10:44 PM
Weekend of the 23rd October, just after the Liverpool Legends game. Should be a huge week for the club, well hopefully ;)

Our away game against Sligo in the League was supposed to be on the 24th so that will be rearranged. With the way these things work we will draw Sligo away anyway !

If, and its a big if did win the Cup then that figure of €300k would transform our club for next season and who we could sign etc (providing we stay in the premier as well !) Jesus so many ifs :)

We won't get away with another performance like last night's second half again. Why did they stop playing? Where was Gormley? Anyway, can't wait for Monday night's draw.

Hulsey
16/09/2009, 11:23 PM
We won't get away with another performance like last night's second half again. Why did they stop playing? Where was Gormley? Anyway, can't wait for Monday night's draw.

Eddiewas suspended for last nights game. He was around the ground though

Martinho II
17/09/2009, 11:09 AM

Eddie Gormley was in the pressbox behind section o! Pat Devlin went over to join him in the second half!!

Roo69
21/09/2009, 1:37 PM
Well boys and girls, the draw is tonight. Who do we want ? I suppose at this stage of the draw all you can ask for is a home tie. The one i wouldn't want is Sligo away, we have a poor record down there but a good one at home against them. I'd be happy with anyone at home.

superfrank
21/09/2009, 2:02 PM
Home please!

centre mid
21/09/2009, 8:16 PM
Away to Sporting Fingal.

superfrank
21/09/2009, 8:22 PM
Sporting have a better home record than Waterford so I guess it'll be tougher.

When I saw them earlier in the year, I wasn't impressed but then we weren't great either that day.

I think it's one we could do but I'd say they are happy with the draw at the same time.

KK77
22/09/2009, 9:26 AM
Tough draw as Eddie said they have premier league players. Then again any of the three teams would have been a tough draw as not much to call between them all.

Roo69
22/09/2009, 9:56 AM
Tough draw as Eddie said they have premier league players. Then again any of the three teams would have been a tough draw as not much to call between them all.

Yep spot on there, any game at this stage is going to be a tough.

There will be a nice little bit of added, Deansey was with them last year, Buckley used to manage Gormley as a player, so there are a few connections.

As we are capalbe of the good and the bad, Sporting are very much the same and would be in a similar position to us if they were in the Premier, they have had plenty of injuries this season and have struggled to put a full strength team out once. They lost to Wexford last night so lets hop they go on a dodgy run now :D

lowflyingseagul
22/09/2009, 12:50 PM
sunday kick off

superfrank
25/09/2009, 5:57 PM
Kick off confirmed for 4.05pm.

centre mid
25/09/2009, 5:58 PM
are there tickets on sale from the clun tonight for the semi final?

chippydevlin
28/09/2009, 12:45 PM
Tickets will be available from the club for the semi-final match about a week before it, i doubt it will be any earlier.

chippydevlin
29/09/2009, 2:45 PM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/typo3temp/pics/f4ac0e96f7.jpg
(http://www.braywanderers.ie/typo3temp/pics/f4ac0e96f7.jpg)

naoise kennedy
29/09/2009, 3:35 PM
Do we really have a hope in hell against fingal after last nights performance ...

KK77
29/09/2009, 3:48 PM
Do we really have a hope in hell against fingal after last nights performance ...

Of course we do. Cup game is totally different one off game. Come ko the players will be busting a gut to make the final and the league position will not be on their minds at all.

naoise kennedy
29/09/2009, 4:14 PM
Of course we do. Cup game is totally different one off game. Come ko the players will be busting a gut to make the final and the league position will not be on their minds at all.

style of play will more than likely be the same,, hoof it forward and hope for the best, still can't see us scoring goals..

KK77
29/09/2009, 4:28 PM
style of play will more than likely be the same,, hoof it forward and hope for the best, still can't see us scoring goals..

Nothing new about the style of play. Goes back to the Devo days.

peadar1987
29/09/2009, 6:03 PM

To be fair, I was asking if Drogheda had a chance in hell after walking out of Dalymount a few weeks back (My last game before leaving Ireland. :'( )

With this Bray side, you never know. I'm still keeping hope we stay up, and I will, until we're mathematically relegated. Keep the faith guys! We're still in the running for a survival and cup double!

naoise kennedy
29/09/2009, 7:42 PM
To be fair, I was asking if Drogheda had a chance in hell after walking out of Dalymount a few weeks back (My last game before leaving Ireland. :'( )

With this Bray side, you never know. I'm still keeping hope we stay up, and I will, until we're mathematically relegated. Keep the faith guys! We're still in the running for a survival and cup double!

I will also still go to there matches including fingal, but yes this team you just never know, just ask bohs..

chippydevlin
09/10/2009, 2:23 PM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/typo3temp/pics/ff1c7fad05.jpg

Grasshopper 99
15/10/2009, 2:25 PM
is there many people going to this game or will it just be the die hards?

KK77
15/10/2009, 3:40 PM
is there many people going to this game or will it just be the die hards?

Die hards only no bar stoolers:D

thedoyler
15/10/2009, 6:32 PM
Running it concurrently with the United Liverpool game is a potential disaster for the gate.....the regular crowd will be there but any people undecided will be swayed by a sunday dinner with Richard and Andy rather than a cold day out in Morton

Seagull
15/10/2009, 7:36 PM
Anyone know what the parking situation is like out there in Santry, reckon I'll be driving.

Grasshopper 99
16/10/2009, 11:53 AM
Well hopefully there are people out there that dont follow those sh1t teams and come out. Parking? dont think there is much, but i coukld be wrong, many get out there early.

Cabinteelygull
17/10/2009, 7:14 PM
Judging by the last semi final we had vs drogheda crowd should be decent hopefully we get the numbers. Anyone got any idea if many tickets being sold? Gonna get mine on tuesday trying to persuade a few mates to go too. Do the same folks drag them kicking and screaming if you have to!!;)

tippex
19/10/2009, 10:51 AM
Picked mine up on saturday. Going on the bus for the first time as well with the little lad.
yes I know its a disgrace that its the first time I'll be on the bus but work always gets in the way of away games.

Roo69
22/10/2009, 12:35 PM
Only a few short days to go. 1st team news is about suspensions, we have Pender missing and Sporting have Gary O'Neill and Darren Quigley missing through suspension.

BrayUnknowns
22/10/2009, 2:26 PM
How is Pender suspended ? Didn't get sent off against Longford..... Unless Yellow cards carry over from games ?

Seagull
22/10/2009, 5:43 PM
How is Pender suspended ? Didn't get sent off against Longford..... Unless Yellow cards carry over from games ?

From braywanderers.ie:

Bray Captain Derek Pender will miss the Cup Semi-Final against Sporting Fingal on Sunday afternoon as he serves a one match ban having received four yellow cards.

Manager Eddie Gormley will be unable to finalise his stating eleven until the last minute as he will be giving late fitness tests to three of his players. Central defender Derek Foran (groin), Gary Mc.Cabe (ankle)and Gary Cronin(calf) all missed Brays defeat on Tuesday night and Gormley is prepared to wait until the last minute,to give each of them a chance to prove their fitness.

Speaking during the week Gormley said " We were all bitterly disappointed after Tuesday night as we felt we did enough to win the game, it was a difficult night for us all. Nobody can question the commitment from all the players,but unfortunately we weren't getting the bounce of the ball". He added "We are all looking forward to Sunday, it is a massive game for all the players, they will all work exceedingly hard for the Club to try and get to the Final. We will leave no stone unturned to give ourselves the best opportunity of getting to the Final".

******* Bray were F.A.I. Cup winners in 1990 and 1999.

*******Bray's path to Semi-Final, in round three Bray beat Bluebell Utd,2-1 at Carlisle Grounds with goals from Paul Byrne and a Gary Mc.Cabe penalty.

***** In round four Bray overcame Tralee Dynamos 2-0 at Carlisle Grounds with goals from John Flood and Dave Webster

***** In the quarter Final against Longford at Flancare Pk. the game ended at 0-0,and in the replay at Carlisle Grounds Bray were victorious on a 2-1 scoreline the Bray goals came from John Flood and Chris Shields.

******* Colm Tresson is the only player remaining in the Bray squad from the Cup winning side of 1999, and is the only player in the squad to already have a cup Winners medal.

****** Stephen Brennan and Dave Mulcahy were on the losing side for St.Patricks Ath. as they went down 4-3 to Derry City in the 2006 Final at Lansdowne Road. Mulcahy got the opening goal for Pats.while Brennan scored the o.g. in extra time that gave Derry victory.

****** Eddie Gormley played in the 1996 Cup Final for St. Patricks Ath. as they were beaten in a replay at Dalymount Park by Shelboune 2-1, the sides having drawn 1-1 at Lansdowne Rd, Gormley missed a penalty in the replay with the score at 1-1.

****** Four of the Sporting Fingal squad were formerly with Bray, Eamon Zayed played 117 games for Bray scoring 59 goals, Colm James played 109 games scoring 6 goals, while Robbie Doyle played 34 games netting 3 times. James Hussey failed to make a first team appearance for Bray.

Vincent Kirwan.

Martinho II
22/10/2009, 6:20 PM
Kirwan didnt make any mention about Daire Doyle who played for the start for us in the 2007 cup final...:(

Bray Head
23/10/2009, 8:52 AM

Was thinking the same thing myself. Suspensions are supposed to be in the same competition so 4 yellow in league games should be next league game just as a red in an FAI cup match means that you miss the next FAI cup game unless you are knocked out of the cup you would then miss your next league game.

Grey Boy
23/10/2009, 5:55 PM
Does anyone know if you can tickets at the Morton on the day?

Seagull
23/10/2009, 6:01 PM
Was thinking the same thing myself. Suspensions are supposed to be in the same competition so 4 yellow in league games should be next league game just as a red in an FAI cup match means that you miss the next FAI cup game unless you are knocked out of the cup you would then miss your next league game.

The suspensions as listed on loi.ie are for 'League of Ireland/FAI Ford Cup'...

The Lep
24/10/2009, 4:44 AM
Does anyone know if you can tickets at the Morton on the day?

We wernt allowed to do so for the Rovers game but heard a whisper that we might be allowed to do it for this one. Ring the club today and they might be able to tell you.

There is no parking in the ground unless sorted out beforehand. There is a limited amount of spaces in by the spar shop and the tyre place, down further on the same side there is space for a good few cars in a sort of a factory place and its where i usually park. The park car park may be open as its a 4.05 kick off so maybe you could park in there. Punters usually park as well in and around the swiss cottage pub area so there will be plenty of parking options around the area.
Get there early for less hazzle parking.

footballplease
24/10/2009, 2:21 PM
This could be the lowest attendance EVER at a semi-final! :mad:

The Lep
24/10/2009, 3:09 PM
I think we are limited to around 2,500 anyway due to stadium restrictions.

Grasshopper 99
24/10/2009, 4:01 PM
Fingal expecting roughly 1100 and Bray expecting about 200, well thats what i heard this morning.

Grey Boy
24/10/2009, 7:01 PM
Thats shocking. I 'm sure thats tickets bought at that time though. I think a few more will travel and get there tickets there (like me).

The Lep
25/10/2009, 9:11 PM
Decent set of supporters you have Bray, all the best in the future.

Lamper.sffc
26/10/2009, 5:35 PM
Hard luck lads. Unfortunately for your team yous caught us on one of our good days.

Roo69
26/10/2009, 9:16 PM
Hard luck lads. Unfortunately for your team yous caught us on one of our good days.

Yesterday's game summed up our season..... shocking ! Fingal completely out played us in the first half hour and the game was over and done with. We were the better side 2nd half but just had nothing up front as usual. My only complaint about the game was the sending off of Deansy, very harsh red card. Mulcahy's tackle on Kirby was worse IMO.

I've seen Fingal play about 15/20 times since they have come into the League and by far that is the best i've seen them play. I hope you go on and win it now for personal reasons.

The Lep
26/10/2009, 11:40 PM
After watching it on line, i think the red was harsh and a yellow would have done. We have played better than that and at times i thought it was scrappy, my only concern is the way we let in goals late on. The 2 we let in against shels looks like its cost us the the league so i was more relaxed when the third went in and even better the forth.
Good luck at the weekend