15/09/2009, 8:45 PM
Rovers 2 Bohs 1. Thank God.

nechayev
15/09/2009, 8:54 PM
ai carumba!

PINTS..... now!

ItaC
15/09/2009, 9:02 PM
thank feck! My nerves were shot, and I was only getting text updates and reading extratime! Delighted!! :D

Bigone57
15/09/2009, 9:14 PM
Well Done The Bit Of Red Now Lets Go all The way:):):)

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 9:24 PM
lads that was a robbery our name has to be on the cup now !!! id say bohs hope they never see us again between the league defeat and tonigh. at half time there was no way we looked like winning we were playing very poor. dont know why camano started instead of keane. there young striker madden looks like he is one for the future best striker bohs have imo. boco ran his socks off keeping ndo quiet and blinkhorn puts in some shift too. thought kendrick was poor again and camano is a calamity, i still think a small pitch does not suit the spaniard. great crowd and atmosphere tonight

forza rovers
15/09/2009, 9:46 PM
unreal we have to win the cup now.dunno who i would like in the draw now,but would like a home fixture for once

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 9:53 PM
bray would be the only one i would like away as both times we were up there we played velow par and bray were lucky. i would not like waterford away as we never done well down there. it will all depend on the draw a home fixture and we have to be confident.

90minutes
15/09/2009, 10:07 PM
what a game. poor first half, brilliant second half. we definately rode our luck on more than one occasion but thats what football is all about. Hopefully a home draw for the semi final.

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 10:13 PM
anyone know when the draw is, will it be wed on the news i wonder . i remember in 2007 it was made the wed after replays on 6 o clock news i think it was. i could be wrong tho

Brian Boru
15/09/2009, 10:22 PM
Waterford Utd away is the only game I fear. I still think we'd win it though. We've won the Blue Ribband in each of the last 2 decades. We've left it late it the noughties but 2009 is our year. 180 minutes of concentration and effort and we'll win the cup. Will winning the cup get us in to Europe?

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 10:23 PM
i think winners of fai go into europe but i could be wrong

Guts&Glory
15/09/2009, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=Brian Boru;1232941]Waterford Utd away is the only game I fear. I still think we'd win it though. We've won the Blue Ribband in each of the last 2 decades. We've left it late it the noughties but 2009 is our year. 180 minutes of concentration and effort and we'll win the cup. Will winning the cup get us in to Europe?[/QUOTE

YES, as it always does.

Guts&Glory
15/09/2009, 10:28 PM
what a game. poor first half, brilliant second half. we definately rode our luck on more than one occasion but thats what football is all about. Hopefully a home draw for the semi final.

Sweet sweet revenge for the league cup game in Dalyer!!!!!!! Put that where the sun don't shine nutsy fenlon!!!!!!!!

CarrickFan
15/09/2009, 10:29 PM
Could'nt see us winning at half time but i think we deserved it 2nd half came out with a great attitude and went for them playing the ball on the ground..thats where equaliser came from...2 great goals...Usual suspects Brush and Peers were great and my 2 favs of late did the business again Doyle and Blinkhorn..Blinks never stops running and closing down and wins everything in the air...home draw would be great...as said earlier dunno who is best draw..still bitter about that exit to Waterford on penos a few years ago..travelled down for first game battered them in Showgrounds but managed to draw 2-2(how did Hughsie miss that chance in extra time??)..revenge would be sweet.

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 10:30 PM
delighted to see the racist mcguiness off injured he was winning everything in the air

gustavo
15/09/2009, 10:36 PM
Another great performance by the lads hopefully can keep that form going into the league :D
Nice to see a big crowd again at the game

dublinred
15/09/2009, 10:42 PM
Great result judging by the texts I'm getting and lack of match reports on here everyone must be on the beer again , hardest draw is Bray away so expect that in the next round.

goatboy_rua
15/09/2009, 10:46 PM
couldnt be happier was getting texts left right and centre as i couldnt make it up to the game. confidence wise this is a massive win for us. comin from behind to win.

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 10:50 PM
as for match we really rode our luck on numerous occasions. bohs goal was a mix up between peers and brush and we failed to clear properly and cronin blasted it in. brush puled off some good one on ones. first half we were very poor with best chance falling to blinkhorn 3 or 4 yards out and putting it straight into murphys arms. mcguinness went off injured after 30 mins with injury (delighted for him). second half we were better and after 67 mins we broke away and blinkhorn put raf through who squared the ball in box for o grady to tap in. the second goal came 4 mins later from a scramble in 16 yard box and ball fell to doyle who was actualy lying on ground when fell to him but he got up quick and blasted into top corner of net from underside of the bar. boco and peers and brush were great. thought doyle was very quiet till goal and camano and kendrick were very poor. ventre was quiet enought throughout game. the had only one real form of attack get the ball to ndo and get him to cross it in all the time. we def rode our luck out there

dublinred
15/09/2009, 10:52 PM
Another great performance by the lads hopefully can keep that form going into the league :D
Nice to see a big crowd again at the game

how many at game?

sligofan4ever
15/09/2009, 10:52 PM
Absolutly delighted with the result, the Cup is surely ours! I never tought i'd see 2 goals in the second half, but we came out with a fantastic attitude. Brush seriously deserved MOTM, no matter what anyone says, he was absolutly brilliant and save dus on a number of occasions. I think people are being a bit harsh on Camano, he started well but nothing was going his way after the half hour mark, he was getting great clearance headers and tackles but unfortunatly drops his game too quick, but I do agree Keane should've started. I take it our next game Cup game will be on RTE ? we all feared we would get Shams away next, but now you cant underestimate Sporting Fingal either even though we beat them in the EA Sports Cup. Bray at home would be the best we could hope for, but the magic of the cup will give us Waterford away no doubt :(. Great attendance for a teusday night, i'd say there was 3,500+ ? I was very wary of Ndo and tought he might score or create a chance for a goal, he was given way too much space every time he got the ball, but Morrison came on he was more willing to take him on for the ball.

CarrickFan
15/09/2009, 10:56 PM
Anybody know what weekend the Semis are scheduled for?

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 10:59 PM
jesus i dont think there was 3500 there but i could be wrong, then again re was full and blue practically full with good crowd at railway end. suppose bout 3000 anyways your prob near enuf right sligofan. your right bout brush he was brill kept us in it. i still am of the opinion small pitch does not suit camano. look at home games and bray game but he done well twice in dalymount. semi is weekend 25th i think

sligofan4ever
15/09/2009, 11:06 PM
jesus i dont think there was 3500 there but i could be wrong, then again re was full and blue practically full with good crowd at railway end. suppose bout 3000 anyways your prob near enuf right sligofan. your right bout brush he was brill kept us in it. i still am of the opinion small pitch does not suit camano. look at home games and bray game but he done well twice in dalymount. semi is weekend 25th i think

there was 3500 at the end of season game in 2008 I think, and it looked around the same tonight, definatly over 3000 though but absolutly fantastic atmosphere when we really got going :D. It wa sgreat to see we went and instead of defending in the second half, we went at them in the second half instead! 25th of October ?

SligoBrewer
15/09/2009, 11:09 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2509/

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 11:09 PM
ya we needed to keep at them, young madden for them looked good better than them wasters byrne and crowe. they are useless. they have no pace upfront. blinkhorn does some work but would like to see the lad get into box more and get more goals as he deserves a few more. murphy had a few slippery moments too lol:D

unclekev
15/09/2009, 11:12 PM
What a result. What a performance. What a night. :) Each one of them outstanding. Poor Fenlon was distraught, that bloody farmers field again. Only for it Bohs would be in semi final. His excuses are running out now. With no more cup games it will be 73% now. Come on the reds. There will be a Rovers in the Final at Tallaght. SLIGO ROVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigredtruck
15/09/2009, 11:14 PM
dont think we should fear anyone at this stage, crowd were brill tonight, really got behind the team, plenty of singing from the red stand, well done to the team and the fans hope everyone is back on saturday night.

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 11:19 PM
in fairness ya could see what it meant to the team and cook at final whistle. i wish we could have the cup atmosphere at the league games we really were the 12th man in the cup games this year.

red arrow
15/09/2009, 11:27 PM
attendance was 2300. (new stand 1700 , bohs support 100 & 500 of ours) exactly what i estimated earlier. great support for a tuesday night & a few bob to help the club along the way. fair play to the lads they worked there socks off. i think its unfair to say that camano was poor , he gives his all maybe a bit slow but totally committed & a good header of the ball. we have a fairly decent squod now & they are beginning to gel and work their socks off for each other. everybody has to be delighted , things are beginning to turn around , its still a long road but we have a great chance. in fairness i have to say that paul & gerry's work ethic was stamped on that performance tonight. bohs are a great team & i hope they win the league . the way they move the ball should be what all teams aspire to ( dont worry i'm not gone to the other side) i;m delighted for ourselves & all the truely great supporters of sligo rovers. i met tom mc kettrick comming out of the ground after the game and the smile on his face said it all. thanks gerry paul and the team for a memorable night. & thanks to the al the lads on the doorley express. i'm very happy for yee. it was great to see stayinf in the ground after the game unfortunately i had to go home & milk the cows & drink the wine. up the bit 'o red

showgies
15/09/2009, 11:39 PM
A truelt magnificant night, and a reverse of the the two recent games vs Bohs. They started strongly, but we crept our way into it in the second half.

Did we deserve it? Maybe, maybe not!
Did we deserve to beat Cork? Maybe, maybe not!
Did we deserve to beat Derry? Maybe, maybe not!

Do we deserve to win the cup? Yes.....or then again maybe not!

The big question is what happened at the end of the game between Fenlon and Dermot Brannigan? Dermot, spill the beans!!

rovers100%
15/09/2009, 11:44 PM
sure fenlon is always whinging but what would ya expect from the jackeen fooker. small man syndrome that fella has. delighted bohs wont do the treble hope waterford beat them too...... less money they make the better in my eyes

Shedzer
15/09/2009, 11:48 PM
Not much else people can add to this bar the fact that noboby has mentioned Joseph Ndo. I just clapped one of his passes at one stage when he did some lovely skill and spread it from the main stand side to the other flank on the blue stand side..
He is really a pleasure to watch, the best play i have seen in the Showgrounds in a long time

Apart from that, twas good to send Fenlon, Brennon, McGuinness and a few more packing....you'd take Madden, Ndo and Rossitor though anyday

We rode our luck but deserved it i think as we dont get much, at least this season so far

red bellied
16/09/2009, 12:09 AM
Blinkhorn was great tonight. Won everything in the air but would be nice to see it to his feet. Cretaro did great to get it one one for O Grady. Bohs Goalie got dodgy and he got fierce abuse behind the goals.

rovers100%
16/09/2009, 12:45 AM
hopefully we can win the cup and it may convince lads to stay and next year get our confidence back and start with a clean slate and give the league a good go. i heard a lot of the new signings are on 6 month contract and peers and boco have only 6 months left. surely we need brush, boco, peers, keane, raf nd blinkhorn at showgrounds next year and get a few new midfielders in the settle the central mid problem. if the lads can win the cup it has to give them some much needed belief that we had in abundance last year but seemed this year it was not there from the start. plus the revenue for the club with a trophy win and another run in europe would be excellent. i pray we stay up and a cup win and next year i wont spend so much time on here complaining !!! prob not though im a whinging bestard at best of times lol :eek: also @ redbellied your spot on in what you said bout blinkhorn the lad has so much more to offer than just being a emile heskey holding up the ball, give to his feet for once

Mayo Red
16/09/2009, 8:09 AM
Blinkhorn was great tonight. Won everything in the air but would be nice to see it to his feet

Ya, I think he's one of the best striking options we've brought in in a long time. I just wish Raf could have been on the end of more of the balls he knocked down, it might have been even better!! Great result and a great atmosphere lastnight, hopefully we can get a home draw in the Semis and go on and lift the Cup.......hopefully! I don't like the favourites tag either though that some people are putting on us, it doesn't suit us!!

Only1Rovers
16/09/2009, 8:13 AM
i still am of the opinion small pitch does not suit camano.

I think it could be round balls that don't suit him.... but in fairness to him, the challenge on N'do resulting in a yellow could have been the difference in Rovers winning. N'do was about to burst into the box ahead of any of our defenders.
Nice one Martín!

Redie
16/09/2009, 8:57 AM

The Showgrounds pitch cannot be classed as a small pitch. it is probably one of the widest in the league and the length was increased at the start of the season to qualify for hosting European matches and it's certainly not so small that our penalty box is only 16 yards. I could be wrong.

I have to say I've heard of pitches being too small for a team but to be too small for a player is a new one.

As for the match it was pure magic. Incredible athmosphere and while every player did their bit Brush, Peers and Boco were sensational. We have brought Last Ditch Defending to a new level.

BohsPartisan
16/09/2009, 9:59 AM
Fair play and all that, was sickened, we created loads but couldn't score. One point though, and I could be wrong but from where I was standing your goal looked a good yard offside. Was yer man on the ground not in an offside position when the ball was played?

apo11o
16/09/2009, 10:17 AM
Fair play and all that, was sickened, we created loads but couldn't score. One point though, and I could be wrong but from where I was standing your goal looked a good yard offside. Was yer man on the ground not in an offside position when the ball was played?

Whether he was or not makes no difference now but up to that bohs got all the breaks.

BohsPartisan
16/09/2009, 10:29 AM
Whether he was or not makes no difference now

Oh I know it makes no difference but there was a debate on the bus back about whether it was offside or not. I was sure it was. Just curious.

rovers100%
16/09/2009, 10:51 AM
in no way is rovers a big pitch ya could shoot from half way line !!! look at bohs pitch compared to ours..... camano has less time on the ball on a small pitch and has to make decisions quicker plus if a players gets in behind him they are on in the box very quick compareded to a bigger pitch where peers can cover him easier. they put a young pacey striker on him last nite as knew he was slow to turn and positioning sense leaves a lot to be desiried. camano is a liability as when he makes one or two mistakes his head goes. his biggest problem is he goes for everything he just needs to relax a bit and be more composed. he could be a good player for us but i have seen him play too many bad games and how many times has he been subbed...............he must be most subbed cb in league and only here a few months !!! on the small pitch arguement most pitches in the league are on the small side. i hope camano proves me wrong as his desire and will to win is a great trait to have at the club

Rovers Maniac
16/09/2009, 11:22 AM
Great performance esp in the second half after Bohs got an absolute fluke of a goal. Huge difference when Cook took of Camano off and sent on Keane, thought Keane done very well when he came on. Blinkhorn's ball to Cretaro was absolute quality thats they kind of play you pay to watch, but great running by O'Grady for the goal he made up some ground and to be fair Danny Ventre was right beside him to offer Raf support for him to square which fair play to Cretaro he dilvered to a tee. Could not see Doyle's winner, he seemed to pick himself up of the ground and smash it. We defended well after that to win it and fair play to Brush who came and spread himself well a few times. Great night in the Showgrounds fantastic stuff, one of the best nights in years there and a good crowd as well who went home happy. More of the same in the semi please lads, no point beating the best teams in the country and losing to a first division side. We need to get safe and then get to the cup final we are the best team left in it but we need to prove it as the first division is the hottest in years. Anybody at home in the next round, i just want a home draw.

red_away
16/09/2009, 11:35 AM
Magic....I just hope we carry our cup form into the league and get out of relegation trouble and then win the cup and go to europe and win that as well and......didnt I say this towards the endof last season?

The Betting Man
16/09/2009, 12:00 PM
Best of luck lads in the cup I do think your name is on the cup and at 9/4 in gonna have a few quid on that(sorry to disapoint a few people) Still dont know how we only scored 1 goal last night thats the way its been latley for us any other night we could of had 6 or 7.Great home crowd which was good to see and the a good atmosphere from both sets of fans as well.Just 1 question does Brush play that well every week or just when Sligo play Bohs because in the 6 games this season so far he has been brilliant.

sligored
16/09/2009, 12:20 PM
Brushy made some great saves but i thought he was off his line too quickly at times and we nearly got caught out twice . he is a great guy but keane and peers are 2 very good headers of the ball and there is no point in richie coming out to the penalty spot trying to punch long hopeful balls. His shot stopping last night was top drawer.

srfc1928
16/09/2009, 12:34 PM
Dance off

CF1989
16/09/2009, 12:34 PM
brushy takes pressure off the two centre halves coming out and claiming big high balls. its great when your keeper does that! he's quality.

keane won every header when he came on. he was brilliant. reports on RTE and in some papers saying it was peers fault for their goal. id disagree, he headed it away and it just unluckily hit off ventre. it said 'ogrady and doyle save peers' blushes'. he was immense again. danny ventre aswell. everyone really, well done to all the team

wouldnt mind an away trip tbh with a massive away support but id prefer a home game now. more thank likely waterford away. id take bray before the two FD teams

Rory H
16/09/2009, 12:46 PM
Dance off

The only defeat of the night........

Rovers Maniac
16/09/2009, 12:52 PM
The only defeat of the night........

You got owned big style my san :D, actually good craic in Mooneys after. Even Knappagh Red was singing and dancing :D