PDA

View Full Version : situation at waterford

Pages : [1] 2

thecorner
12/02/2004, 8:52 PM
with no manager still installed,they have gone away and appointed a director of football...wait for it...

PAUL MCGRATH

THINGS ARE GETTING FUNNIER BY THE DAY WITH OUR NEAR NEIGHBOURS

looks like the homeless chant will be used against waterford as well next season:D

thecorner
12/02/2004, 8:54 PM
and news just in

new manager of waterford

THE RAT

LETS ALL LAUGH AT WATERFORD

Martinho II
12/02/2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
and news just in

new manager of waterford

THE RAT

LETS ALL LAUGH AT WATERFORD

Hear Hear from The Section O lads!:D

Colm
12/02/2004, 10:55 PM
It's a joke alright. I can't see them staying up again with that management team.

It's funny though how obsessed their fans are with us. I was just looking at the BTID board and the el board and the first reaction from a lot of Waterford fans was to tell us "corkies" to "stick it up our arses" as if we would be in some way jealous of the laughable appointment they have made. Idiots.

ian
13/02/2004, 6:59 AM
The Corner you have it wrong with Paul Mcgrath he only played with St Pats and then he moved on to man yoo.

A fair play to them for taking the alco on their books for a season he needs the money. I give him one thing do he was a good player in his day. Best of luck to him.

As for the rat he will have no job at the end of the season.

RedX
13/02/2004, 10:18 AM
Paul Mc Grath is a legend and best of luck to the guy :)

the 12 th man
13/02/2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by RedX
Paul Mc Grath is a legend and best of luck to the guy :)

would echo what redx has said,but would be very fearfull for paul
if things went a bit pear shaped.i think the spectre of the demon drink is going to shadow everything he does.:(

thecorner
13/02/2004, 11:18 AM
the yellow house wil never be the same again:D

wouldnt it be funny next season

reynolds leaves waterford after one season after having a public falling out with the manager

he says if the manager doesnt pick me,im off

:D :D :D :D

SÓC
13/02/2004, 11:35 AM
Wait now for him to say;

"Im delighted to be with Waterford, I really feel to prove yourself in League of Ireland football you have to manage a team that nobody else would touch with a bargepole."

Ahh happy days the matches between City and Waterford are really really going to be fun now.

We'll have to make a "And You too Connor" banner to hold under the Rennie one:)

Xlex
13/02/2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by MARTINHO II
Hear Hear from The Section O lads!:D

Speak for yourself. No to this love in with the Corkies.

SÓC
13/02/2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Xlex

Ahh orders recieved loud and clear from Macy and Dodge command:rolleyes:

thecorner
13/02/2004, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by ian
The Corner you have it wrong with Paul Mcgrath he only played with St Pats and then he moved on to man yoo.

how am i wrong. the man is actually homeless

it would be like city giving a job to jim long or sheila joyce

all homeless alcos

one_bounce
13/02/2004, 2:51 PM
jesus corner.. calm down .. mcgrath is one of the greatest players ever to wear the irish shirt and deserves respect..

doesnt take long for ya to forget his heroic performances at euro 88 etc.and start comparing him to sheila joyce

muppet:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i take it youre taking the **** about the homeless thing.. cos youlll be singing on yer own

SÓC
13/02/2004, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by one_bounce
jesus corner.. calm down .. mcgrath is one of the greatest players ever to wear the irish shirt and deserves respect..

doesnt take long for ya to forget his heroic performances at euro 88 etc.and start comparing him to sheila joyce

muppet:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i take it youre taking the **** about the homeless thing.. cos youlll be singing on yer own

hear hear

The marking job he did on Bagio in the '94 World Cup was acknowledge by Roberto himself as one of the best performances he'd ever seen by a defender. For that alone he deserves respect.

Alcoholism is an illness, homelessness (in the non-Shamrock Rovers sense) is a symptom.

thecorner
13/02/2004, 4:02 PM
all opposing teams and staff get grief when they come to the cross

baggio was then,this is now

by all means,give him a warm welcome
but when the whistle goes at 7:45,its grief all the way

Colm
13/02/2004, 4:22 PM
Just to further underline the aforementioned obsession that Waterford fans have with us take a look atthis thread (http://btid.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=702&sid=3ae9bdfa68386345e3fc2d4bdb03253f) on their forum.
It's about WWE coming to the point, yet your man Partizan still manages to bring City into it!:rolleyes:

pineapple stu
13/02/2004, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Just to further underline the aforementioned obsession that Waterford fans have with us

Sure youz are just as bad though - Waterford bring in one of the greatest ever Irish players in what is at least a great marketing coup for the league as a whole, and suddenly McGrath is useless just so you can slag Waterford some more!

You've no cause for whingeing, 'cos yez can certainly give as good as you get!

Gary
13/02/2004, 5:14 PM
This is a premier division conversation Pineapple.

Colm
13/02/2004, 6:23 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Sure youz are just as bad though - Waterford bring in one of the greatest ever Irish players in what is at least a great marketing coup for the league as a whole, and suddenly McGrath is useless just so you can slag Waterford some more!

Yes Waterford bring in one of the greatest ever Irish players.... but what does he or Reynolds know about management?
So what if it's a maketing coup (not all that big a one imo), that will only last a few days or weeks at best. After it dies down, people will see that Waterford are in serious trouble.
If I was a Waterford fan I'd be furious that McGeough is gone and this farcical duo has been put in place.
Apparently, there was a phone in about it on WLR this morning and the vast majority of callers were furious about it. Most Waterford fans are not happy.... it's only those ignorant buffoons on the BTID board who seem to be blinded by the hype.

pineapple stu
13/02/2004, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by Gary
This is a premier division conversation Pineapple.

I think you'll find it's a conversation for intelligent people, Gary.

pineapple stu
13/02/2004, 6:54 PM
Yes Waterford bring in one of the greatest ever Irish players.... but what does he or Reynolds know about management?

There's a thread on the Waterford forum where Reynolds was being touted as the new manager, and I posted to say that would be a very dodgy decision as he has no experience - I've no problem saying that Reynolds doesn't look a very good signing as manager. Especially after the job McGeough did and all that.

But the Director of Football doesn't necessarily have anything to do with coaching surely?! It's just a silly title. Having McGrath around will be a huge boost to the club and will get people down to the games out of curiosity if nothing else. He can use who he is to get the club a bigger profile in the media. He will have lots of contacts in England to get some quality players over to the club. He'll have potential fans interested in their local team's home games against Waterford. It could be a huge plus for the club.

Of course McGeough was disgracefully treated, and Reynolds is underqualified as a manager and the chairman appears to be an idiot. But the appointment of McGrath could be a huge boost for the club, and yet all most Cork fans seem to be able to do is slag the club off for it! And then call Waterford fans petty off for slagging Cork!:rolleyes:

pineapple stu
13/02/2004, 6:54 PM
Originally posted by xtreme rebel
What are you doing on the forum then pineapple?:D

:rolleyes:

Two muppets in Cork! What're the odds of that!;)

patsh
13/02/2004, 7:19 PM
Stu, shouldn't you be off lecturing to fans on Kilkennys board or maybe Monaghans?...:p
Seriously, its a great pr coup for WUFC. Paul McGrath will bring a lot of attention on Waterford, (Last Word interview already today), and should bring extra punters along too.
It may be a stunt to divert attention away from the McGough fiasco, but make the best of it while it lasts.
I just hope it works out well for Paul, and he stays healthy and OK.

the scout
13/02/2004, 8:44 PM
in fairness to paul ,we all know he was/is a legend.
but i have to say he wouldnt be the best speaker ive ever heard.he comes across as being a bit timid in any interview ive ever heard him do.maybe im being a bit hard on him,but the impression he always gave me was he liked to do his talking on the pitch,not into a microphone.
its just a thought

Martinho II
13/02/2004, 9:48 PM
Originally posted by Xlex

Who do you think you are Xlex? Reynolds is a rat and I just posted in support of their opinion of him.

I have being in Section O a lot longer than you. So who do you think you are being the voice of Section O? The voices of Section O are myself,Macy, Sorbo, Pauro 7 and Massop 10.

I know a lot of the above names would support me in my assessment of Reynolds. I am not under your command Xlex. As you said in a earlier thread you could not go to home matches so I would appreciate a bit of respect off you.

My relationship with other supporters has nothing to do with this comment . So what if I have friends from other clubs, there is nothing wrong with that is there?:mad:

Martinho II
13/02/2004, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MARTINHO II

I have being in Section O a lot longer than you. So who do you think you are being the voice of Section O? The voices of Section O are myself,Macy, Sorbo, Pauro 7 and Massop 10.

Please disregard this comment. The voice of Section O is everyone and I should have posted this as a private mail. Everyone hates reynolds and I was making a generic comment on behalf of section O!

Fine Xlex I know my place in future. Jesus I have to ask peoples permission to make an informed opinion when we all agree we hate Reynolds!

This is bloody ridiculous. I have enough of this......

one_bounce
14/02/2004, 10:20 AM
all opposing teams and staff get grief when they come to the cross

baggio was then,this is now

by all means,give him a warm welcome
but when the whistle goes at 7:45,its grief all the way

fair enuff.. but there is plenty of abuse material already in the waaaaaherford camp.... could we not save a legend from taking that kinda personal **** when there is f*ck all he can do about it ....and after his service to this country the least he deserves is a standing ovation when he comes out and respect throughout the game... i personally would love mcgrath to leave the ground a proud man who felt honoured by the reception city fans gave him and appreciated him for all he has done... but with no points in the bag!....(liverpool fans give dalglish and fowler great receptions every time they return to anfield.. why cant we manage that?)
besides.. with all the sh*t we have to give the rat and connors.. where would we find the time??

daaaaaaaaaaaaniel
daaaaaaaaaaaaniel...

thecorner
14/02/2004, 11:06 AM
and after his service to this country the least he deserves is a standing ovation when he comes out and respect throughout the game...

when he comes out..no problems but when it starts its all about us giving city 110% and waaaaaaterford grief

!....(liverpool fans give dalglish and fowler great receptions every time they return to anfield.. why cant we manage that?)

we will leave that for the SPA fans

he never played for city like dalglish and fowler played for liverpool

one_bounce
14/02/2004, 11:11 AM
when he comes out..no problems but when it starts its all about us giving city 110% and waaaaaaterford grief

we will leave that for the SPA fans

he never played for city like dalglish and fowler played for liverpool

true but he represented our country with more passion and heart then the current entire irish squad put together

thecorner
14/02/2004, 11:50 AM
true but he represented our country with more passion and heart then the current entire irish squad put together

would bryan robson get a great reception as a manager if he went to anfield for being the heart and soul of the english national team......

I THINK NOT

one_bounce
14/02/2004, 12:20 PM
would bryan robson get a great reception as a manager if he went to anfield for being the heart and soul of the english national team......

I THINK NOT

ok.. i dont see why i should abuse an all time hero just cos he has an upstairs role with waaahherford
... only soluton to this...
you shout abuse at mcgrath and ill out shout you with priase:eek:

may the best man win!!;)

truce...
.. could we not give him a great welcome to the cross and then concentrate our abuse on the waaaherford players during the game??

Colm
14/02/2004, 12:26 PM
could we not give him a great welcome to the cross

To be honest, i don't see why we should ever give any member of the opposition a great welcome no matter who they are.
Fair enough if you don't want to abuse him (we'll have enough on our plate with Connor and Ratnolds anyway) but he's there as the opponent of our club and I don't see any reason why we should shower him with adoration.

thecorner
14/02/2004, 2:37 PM
but he's there as the opponent of our club and I don't see any reason why we should shower him with adoration.

couldnt have put it better myself

RedX
14/02/2004, 5:16 PM
I did not want to post anymore on this thread besides my comments up along when i mention that in my opinion Paul Mc Grath is a legend.But now i feel i have to comment especially on thecorners comments.

thecorner...your messages are total and utter rubbish.99% of soccer fans reading this thread regard Paul Mc Grath as a legend and he always will be in this country.Probably the greatest player we have ever produced and deserves a standing ovation when he comes to the X.It shows to me what age you are if he is not one of your all time heroes.Your lack of respect to the guy is disgraceful calling him and Alcoholic.Hope none of your family or friends ever have this problem.I will be cheering Mc Grath along with one-bounce and most other decent City fans for what the man has done for IRELAND!!

thecorner
14/02/2004, 9:37 PM
Originally posted by RedX
Your lack of respect to the guy is disgraceful calling him and Alcoholic

ah well,i call a spade a spade

It shows to me what age you are if he is not one of your all time heroes

you got that right. it does show my age

my all time irish hero is liam brady

Counting Crow
15/02/2004, 8:06 AM
Guys,
let's not all fall out over this topic.

How about a truce......?

No gushing adulation at McGrath ( let's keep that for the players wearing green on the pitch ) but no personal abuse at McGrath either. I think Cork people have abetter sense of humor than most and we can have a go at all opposition in a humorous fashion instead ......... more effective and sticks in the mind better I think.

Anyway, we'll be too busy with Connor & The Rat ( can you believe a team making him manager ) ............ :D

By the way my all time favourite Irish players were ....

.....Eamonn Dunphy :D and Timofte...( figure that one out ) ;)

jofyisgod
15/02/2004, 11:30 AM
McGrath is a legend, but he should get the same, humourous and witty heckling that all opposition managers and players get.

As for Reynolds...let's continue as we left off last season:D .

patsh
15/02/2004, 5:58 PM
Well its given a lot of publicity to the eL already.
2 interviews on the Last Word, articles in EVERY Irish paper, RTE Radio/TV, TV3.
That kind of publicity is always welcome.
(Btw, excellent article in the Tribune today. All the criticism from Cooper has stirred things up a bit)

Éanna
15/02/2004, 11:27 PM
McGrath is an absolute legend, but he's at waterford now. I've huge respect for the guy, IMO probably the best defender of all time on his day, but when we're playing waterford, he'll get no standing ovation or congratulations from me. We all know what reynolds is like, but no right-thinking individual would have taken a job at waterford after the way they treated mcgeough- its sickening.

one_bounce
16/02/2004, 12:27 AM
what would be so wrong with giving MCGRATH a great reception when he comes onto the pitch.. im not suggesting for one minute that we give waterford the same reception...just mcgrath as an individual who represented us like no other... greatest player ever to wear the green as far as im concerned.... then once the match starts we slag the sh1t out of the blaaas.. hurl abuse at connors and the rat and continue to cheer on the city..

the corner.. resorting to calling him a homeless alco isnt a reflection on your passion for city its just pure embarrasing ignorance

tiktok
16/02/2004, 8:00 AM
I've no problem applauding McGrath when he first appears but then leaving it at that. Give him a good reception and then give Waterford hell.
I don't think too many of us will be concentrating on McGrath when Rennie's around anyway.

Éanna
16/02/2004, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
I don't think too many of us will be concentrating on McGrath when Rennie's around anyway.
Exactly.
As for what one_bounce said, I just don't see why we would applaud anyone connected with that shower before we play them. I'd have no problem shaking his hand afterwards or in the street, but not before hostilities commence.

SÓC
16/02/2004, 9:38 AM
I agree with most of whats been said here, but I still think the Corner has gone OTT on it.

We can respect McGrath while still giving Waterford a hostile reception. Just like when France come to Ireland next year we can watch ZZ and think what a player but we still aint going to cheer for the French!

niamh
16/02/2004, 10:10 AM
City fans might have a lot of reasons to abuse the Waterford manager and certain players during the season but McGrath should not be part of that.
His role is advisory to the club. He will advise them on their youth system, the U21 team, recruiting young players to the club.
He started in the eL, he deserves respect from everyone because despite a serious illness and huge self-esteem problem he still got out on a pitch and played his heart out for his country. He played when his knees were falling apart and he didn't abandon his country like someone else.
The guy deserves a standing ovation and a warm welcome. I will be disgusted if I am a City fan and the country watched as we booed an Irish legend.

Xlex
16/02/2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SÓC
Ahh orders recieved loud and clear from Macy and Dodge command:rolleyes:

no, it's simply the fact that you chose to ignore any Longford fans warnings about Reynolds... You egotistical wánkers just exclaimed his behaviour as something which happens to small clubs and it was just because he had the ambition to play for CCFC. If I remember, you called us obsessed... perhaps so but he's not just a 'RAT' :rolleyes: due to shafting CCFC... Spare me the Macy and Dodge orders...

the 12 th man
16/02/2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by niamh
I will be disgusted if I am a City fan and the country watched as we booed an Irish legend.

t.b.h.cant honestly see that happening anywhere in the el league.
it would be a sad day for us all, irrespective of who you support,
if that were to happen.
we all want our team to win and sure its traditional to "hate" your opposition,but for christs sake we are talking about paul mc grath here.

short memory is a terrible thing.we are talking a basic show of respect here, not a red carpet job.

parnell ranger
16/02/2004, 11:24 AM
While the chances of Paul mcGrath visitingSt Mels Park are remote im sure he'd be afforded the respect he earned throughout his illustrious career.
A legend is a legend and deserves to be treated as such.
the idea of booing someone cos he works for the opposition is childish.
Zac Hackett Mark Devlin Liam Coyle recieve the same reception when visiting here as former greats John Minnock etc.

Troy.McClure
16/02/2004, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
I've no problem applauding McGrath when he first appears but then leaving it at that. Give him a good reception and then give Waterford hell.

Id be with you on that.

To be honest though, I think that this will be more of a PR job for Waterford. Paul has got no coaching experience and will probably be based in England for a lot of time during the year - off comentating and what have you. I couldnt really see Paul getting into the nitty gritty of setting up youth teams and sorting out the UEFA licence. Arent we so lucky we have a guy like Gunther for us? ;) And to the guys going on about Pauls personal probelms, what has he ever done to ye? Let his private life be private.

shinobi
16/02/2004, 6:05 PM
I can`t see it happening. it would be like Maradona getting grief in the Argentine league for being a cokehead.

thecorner
16/02/2004, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by the 12 th man

we all want our team to win and sure its traditional to "hate" your opposition,but for christs sake we are talking about paul mc grath here.

yes it is waterford and not the republic of ireland

so what if "we are talking about paul mcgrath