PDA

View Full Version : oh i do like to be beside the seaside..

Cabs88
13/09/2009, 10:43 AM
Bray in the quarter final replay on Tues..who's going?
Great to see a crowd back in flancare last night, on a lovely evening. A typical cup match, nervy, and short on quality but gripping stuff..We done well, but the replay will be a difficult game.
Last night lynch ran himself into the ground and should been taken off near the end..Curran did well when intriduced, and I hope glynn starts the replay, we need him up there for any chance that might come our way.

Lookin forward to it, and fingers crossed we might be in the semi's come 10 o'clock tues ;)

De Town
13/09/2009, 10:50 AM
I hope to make an appearance alright, but I'm not certain yet. Thought we did ok last night. Bray missed some awful sitters to win it, although Lynchy should have won it for us in injury time. Not expecting much from the replay but hopefully we give it a go anyway.

Roo69
13/09/2009, 12:40 PM
I hope to make an appearance alright, but I'm not certain yet. Thought we did ok last night. Bray missed some awful sitters to win it, although Lynchy should have won it for us in injury time. Not expecting much from the replay but hopefully we give it a go anyway.

It's always a pleasure going to Flancare, lovely little stadium and its always very friendly.

I thought from start to finish we dominated the game and we should have easily won the game by 3 or 4 with the chances we created. Shields, McCabe, Flood, Massey and Mulroy all should have scored but putting the ball in the back of the net is not our strong point so any team we play will always have a chance against us... In saying that Skippy hadn't one save of significance to make.

I was impressed with you big tall centre half last night, he played very well and the big no. 9, he had a good game as well, awful bang on the head he took, did anyone see the lump ? :eek:

Can't see there being a big crowd on Tuesday with it being Champions League night.

Longfordian
13/09/2009, 1:29 PM
Couldn't disagree with much of what you've said there, we were very lucky at times but we battled hard and Danny O'Leary made some great saves. The centre half is Brian McCarthy who's on loan from Bohs, he can play very well 90% of the time and he cleans up in the air but as is the case with young defenders he can make mistakes as well. Number 9 was Adrian Murphy, he won some good ball in the air as well but it was hard for the two front men as there was little support for them from midfield. Bray are obviously a better team than us but you never know what could happen on the night.

Keen2win
13/09/2009, 1:42 PM
Will there be a SC bus going?

Rocky77
13/09/2009, 5:44 PM
I'll be there, which given the Carlise Grounds is ten minutes drive away from where I live isn't much of a sacrifice.....

Keen2win
13/09/2009, 6:05 PM
To answer my own question, yes there will be!

Martinho II
13/09/2009, 7:19 PM
i am not sure yet whether I will be going as I am on two nine shift this tuesday.. :( will have to ask nicely and see if I can get annual leave for it.. good crowd in section o the biggest I have seen since the Fingal game at the beginning of last season.. it was good to see a few old faces returning to the fold..

Keen2win
14/09/2009, 5:00 PM
Anyone going on the Stillery bus?

De Town
14/09/2009, 5:04 PM
Doesn't look like I'm going to make it myself :(

RonnieB
14/09/2009, 8:32 PM
I have to be in Galway early on the wednesday so wont make the game as I have to leave before 7am :(

Martinho II
15/09/2009, 10:14 AM
:) I am going but it looked like at one stage I wasnt going. I had a days holiday booked for the Wexford match for this friday so I went back to them and said that I can give up a half days hols for friday and use it for tonight.. I was told that there was no hols being given this week so they came back with a proposal take half day off today ( finish at 5.30 pm ) and DONT get your day off on friday!

that will do me as tonight is the bigger game rather than Friday!

RonnieB
15/09/2009, 2:18 PM
Good stuff marty, sickened I cannot make it but cant chance missing my appointment in Galway tomorrow.

CMON DE TOWN give it yere all lads and heres hoping for another great result..

If anyone can grab one then LIAM LYNCH will ;) the miss the last night was just to lure Bray into a false sense of security..

Rocky77
16/09/2009, 11:28 AM
Well that was disappointing.....

Salmon Coloured
16/09/2009, 12:58 PM
And Sligo, Fingal & Waterford in the semis along with Bray instead of us. Unbelievably we would have had a chance at Cup glory again.
Anyway despite our lowly league position we made it to a quarter final replay. I still think we can hold on to our mantle as one of the cup teams of the decade for another year.

Martinho II
17/09/2009, 9:31 AM
how we arent in the semis I dont know? I dont know if Murph can ever get over his miss as it was an open goal.. We hit the crossbar/post twice two shots cleared off the line.. It was just wasnt meant to be for us.. The funniest moment of the game was when Liam Lynch ran into the lineswoman on the touchline whilst running to keep a ball in play..

Theres a brilliant picture of the incident on ray donlons website.. I am wondering was he trying a marriage proposal to her and she had nothin of it!!:p

Keen2win
17/09/2009, 8:21 PM
Gough had a bad game. We should of won. Ah well!

Martinho II
18/09/2009, 6:58 PM
Gough had a bad game. We should of won. Ah well!

a new year hopefully a better squad next season keen2win..