PDA

View Full Version : boycott over

Martinho II
10/09/2009, 6:33 PM
I saw in todays mirror and sun that the town players were thinking of boycotting the bray wanderers game this weekend due to non receipt of wages but luckily enough it was averted as progress was made yesterday on their predicaments with the club itself,,

its being a strange week for the club, first gareth cronin gives a hard hitting interview on the players, he gets a fine for tapping a player and the players threathen to go on strike!

whatever will happen next? we win the cup!:eek:

Pauro 76
10/09/2009, 6:57 PM
That's a distraction we don't need.... hopefully we'll get to the semis!

Martinho II
10/09/2009, 7:04 PM
it will be hard to win at home.. I will take the draw at home and see how we get on away in the replay!

Keen2win
10/09/2009, 8:40 PM
Are we in bad trouble with the finances?

Ash
11/09/2009, 6:57 AM
Are we in bad trouble with the finances?

In late July I overheard 2 of yer lot complaining at training that they hadnt been paid since well before the Wexford cup game in June.
(didnt pay attention to who they were cos I was watching a game on the other pitch)

Wonder did they get sorted or are they still owed!

RonnieB
11/09/2009, 10:29 AM
Never a dull moment.

Salmon Coloured
11/09/2009, 11:39 AM
They better play out of their skin tomorrow night. Making the journey up from Crok for it. Hopefully this financial issue will be sorted.

Longfordian
11/09/2009, 1:14 PM
In late July I overheard 2 of yer lot complaining at training that they hadnt been paid since well before the Wexford cup game in June.
(didnt pay attention to who they were cos I was watching a game on the other pitch)

Wonder did they get sorted or are they still owed!

From reading the article it sounded like it was expenses of some description rather than wages, I think it said a "sum of money owed to some of the squad since near the start of the season". It didn't mention wages but maybe it was weeks that were owed. Either way hopefully it's been or is being sorted. You wouldn't imagine the finances could be really seriously bad as the wage bill is pretty low really though there's always other bills to pay I guess.

Massop 10
11/09/2009, 9:35 PM
Paper never refuses ink !!! And the irish media always want to bash an League of Ireland club so this week it is Longford Town bashing ! Next week will be someone else so all we need to worry about is supporting the team tomorrow are hope for a positive response from the players who you would think will be trying ( even if they are not been paid or whatever ) to get new contracts here or elsewhere for next season !

Town Legend
15/09/2009, 12:15 PM
I heard the whole squad were owed a grand total of 400 euro between them!!! Hardly enough to go on strike for. Aren't Cork lucky they weren't playing for them or they wouldn't of fielded a team at all this season!!!