PDA

View Full Version : 24-New Series

joeSoap
12/02/2004, 12:05 PM
Anyone watch the new series of 24 on Network 2 on Tuesday night? If you missed it, its on Sky 1 tonight.
I really enjoyed the last series, and think it will be hard to beat, but there was serious potential in Tuesdays episode....lots of leeway for unexpected twists and sub-plots.
On a sad note, Elisha Cuthbert (Kim Bauer) didn't look half as hot as she did in series 2.:( :(

MikeW
12/02/2004, 1:01 PM
Bit hard to believe Kim Bauer as a computer expert in CTU, hot and all as she is she's also very annoying at times. Last series she couldn't walk 10 yards without bumping into some lunatic or getting herself into some ridiculously contrived scrape. If Fred West himself had offered to give her a room in his basement she wouldn't have thought twice about his motives.

The girl wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and now we're supposed to believe they'd hire her for such a critical position (Daddys influence or not). At least her part might not be so obviously tacked on in this series as it was in the last. Anyway, I think they might be pushing the whole concept just a little bit far this time, but I'll still watch it again next week all the same.

shedite
12/02/2004, 2:16 PM
As far as I know the plat for this series is that Jack has 24 hours to live. You can see how they are bringing Elisha Cuthbert and her boyfriedn on the show forward to replace him.

Looks good. Last series was amazing. So many twists and turns.

joeSoap
12/02/2004, 2:41 PM
Jacks a junkie.....a heroin addict. If you wanna cheat and find out whats happening ahead of schedule, then go to:http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/guide.html and click on the buttons at the bottom.They are 12 episodes ahead. I looked at whats happening next week, but I think I'm gonna wait for the episodes from now on...

pete
12/02/2004, 6:35 PM
Series 1 was the groundbreak.
Series 2 like a comedy but still good.
Dunno about potential for no. 3 yet...

tiktok
12/02/2004, 9:15 PM
I thought it was ok to be honest, i'm looking forward to watching it develop. great show.

daithi
12/02/2004, 10:25 PM
I'll never watch it on sky1 again. Ad break every 15 mins. They had a break which started at 10 and the program was over at 9 mins past! What i want to know is when is the Soprano's back?

joeSoap
13/02/2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by daithi
What i want to know is when is the Soprano's back? New series premieres in the States on March 7, so I fugure it'll probably be late April or May..http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/