PDA

View Full Version : look who's back

lowflyingseagul
09/09/2009, 11:09 PM
Devlin named as Bray Director of Football

Bray Wanderers have confirmed the appointment of Pat Devlin as Director of Football.

Pat Devlin had two spells as manager of the Seagulls winning the FAI Cup in 1990 and 1999. He was chosen as manager of the Republic of Ireland B team in 2006.

Speaking of the appointment, General Manager Jack O'Neill said: 'We are delighted with the appointment of Pat as Director of Football for Bray Wanderers. He brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the role and he will be responsible for improving the strategy of the club going forward. His knowledge of football is second to none and his appointment is a real boost for the club.'

Devlin admitted: 'I am delighted to accept the role of Director of Football. Bray Wanderers has always been a part of my life and I will be working tirelessly with Eddie Gormley and the Board of Directors to keep the club to the fore in Irish football.

'The potential at the club is enormous and we will be looking at improving the club in a number of areas.'

naoise kennedy
10/09/2009, 8:43 AM
Devlin named as Bray Director of Football

Bray Wanderers have confirmed the appointment of Pat Devlin as Director of Football.

Pat Devlin had two spells as manager of the Seagulls winning the FAI Cup in 1990 and 1999. He was chosen as manager of the Republic of Ireland B team in 2006.

Speaking of the appointment, General Manager Jack O'Neill said: 'We are delighted with the appointment of Pat as Director of Football for Bray Wanderers. He brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the role and he will be responsible for improving the strategy of the club going forward. His knowledge of football is second to none and his appointment is a real boost for the club.'

Devlin admitted: 'I am delighted to accept the role of Director of Football. Bray Wanderers has always been a part of my life and I will be working tirelessly with Eddie Gormley and the Board of Directors to keep the club to the fore in Irish football.

'The potential at the club is enormous and we will be looking at improving the club in a number of areas.'

Can't understand the big deal about bringing back devlin,, ok we won the cup in '90 and '99 but during those years we did nothing else, first division to prem. and then relegated and then back up and so on.. He did not make progress ... shoot me down for talking about a bray legend but i just can't understand why.???????????

lowflyingseagul
10/09/2009, 10:17 AM
well he's a millionaire now so maybe he will put some of that money into buying some players when the next transfer window opens up

peadar1987
10/09/2009, 12:58 PM
well he's a millionaire now so maybe he will put some of that money into buying some players when the next transfer window opens up

Or invest it in sustainable growth of the club, like expanding the support base further into Wicklow and South Dublin.

Although that said, a few players wouldn't go amiss. We need a proven goalscorer, and I'd like to see Derek Foran sign permanently. Mainly though, I think we have to stop losing players like Kavanagh. The squad we have has shown huge potential, but inexperience has let us down. If we can keep this core of players together for a few seasons to gel and gain experience, we could have a hell of a team on our hands.

BrayUnknowns
10/09/2009, 1:01 PM
Or invest it in sustainable growth of the club, like expanding the support base further into Wicklow and South Dublin.

Although that said, a few players wouldn't go amiss. We need a proven goalscorer, and I'd like to see Derek Foran sign permanently. Mainly though, I think we have to stop losing players like Kavanagh. The squad we have has shown huge potential, but inexperience has let us down. If we can keep this core of players together for a few seasons to gel and gain experience, we could have a hell of a team on our hands.

He is a Bray player. He is not on loan, he signed permanently last season after his initial loan from St. Pats

naoise kennedy
10/09/2009, 1:26 PM

valid point,, i would hope so too, is he still working with the fai youth side of things..

peadar1987
10/09/2009, 1:27 PM
He is a Bray player. He is not on loan, he signed permanently last season after his initial loan from St. Pats

Must have missed that one, I blame college! Quality player anyway, I really rate him!

BrayUnknowns
10/09/2009, 1:34 PM
valid point,, i would hope so too, is he still working with the fai youth side of things..

He never wored with the FAI youth sides...... he was manager of the B side for a while.

Grey Boy
11/09/2009, 10:47 AM

How to you think it's realistic to stop players like Kavanagh leaving. Thats the nature of football. The best players generally end up at the bigger/better clubs. If Paddy had stayed he would have shown a serious lack of ambition. I'd love to hang on to them but how apart from offering stupid wages which we couldn't afford. I'm not sure what Devo will add to our club now but he is a true Wanderers man at heart and that can't be a bad thing. BTW I'm assuming he isn't taking a wage.

peadar1987
12/09/2009, 5:38 PM
How to you think it's realistic to stop players like Kavanagh leaving. Thats the nature of football. The best players generally end up at the bigger/better clubs. If Paddy had stayed he would have shown a serious lack of ambition. I'd love to hang on to them but how apart from offering stupid wages which we couldn't afford. I'm not sure what Devo will add to our club now but he is a true Wanderers man at heart and that can't be a bad thing. BTW I'm assuming he isn't taking a wage.

I meant losing players in the manner we lost Paddy, mid-season, and with a maximum of disruption to the team. I would have loved to have kept him, but realistically, you're right, he was always going to move on.

KK77
05/10/2009, 3:15 PM

You have got to be joking surely? There is more chance of me becoming manager of Bray than Devo putting money from his wallet into the club FACT.

Roo69
06/10/2009, 11:36 AM
You have got to be joking surely? There is more chance of me becoming manager of Bray than Devo putting money from his wallet into the club FACT.

It always seems as were at odds in posts Rafa :D but just to clear that up, Over the years and especially when Mr. D was manager he put a lot of his own money into the club, in fact he actually didn't even take a wage or cliam or expenses or anything. He is a Wanderers man through and through and wnats what best for the club. Simple as that really, anyone who says different does not know what there talking about.

Rant over :D

KK77
06/10/2009, 12:01 PM
It always seems as were at odds in posts Rafa :D but just to clear that up, Over the years and especially when Mr. D was manager he put a lot of his own money into the club, in fact he actually didn't even take a wage or cliam or expenses or anything. He is a Wanderers man through and through and wnats what best for the club. Simple as that really, anyone who says different does not know what there talking about.

Rant over :D

Maybe your at odds i am not. Not getting into Mr D said what i said coz it's true.