PDA

View Full Version : v Athlone Town 11/09/09 (H)

Pages : [1] 2

bluepowers
08/09/2009, 1:43 PM
Hope we can end the run of draws at home in this one and get the 3 points

Dont Forget deposit for Shelbourne match:cool:

Monkfish
08/09/2009, 10:09 PM
Hope we can end the run of draws at home in this one and get the 3 points

:

Got 3 points last Friday! :)

ped_ped
08/09/2009, 10:49 PM
I'll have fingers crossed for another win. Should do it, but then again Limerick haven't exactly been consistent this season.

Jofspring
09/09/2009, 8:47 AM
I'll have fingers crossed for another win. Should do it, but then again Limerick haven't exactly been consistent this season.

....and if i remember correctly our last three home games against Athlone Town have all ended 0-0.

bluepowers
09/09/2009, 9:31 AM
thats what i mean the last few games vs athlone at home have been 0-0 draws

macka
09/09/2009, 9:34 AM
Limerick 3-0 Athlone are due good beating off us :D

Monkfish
09/09/2009, 9:34 AM
thats what i mean the last few games vs athlone at home have been 0-0 draws
Sure ya did :)

bluepowers
10/09/2009, 8:43 PM
Limerick 2-0 (Kavnagh ' Tracy )

ryan
Hughes ' roach ' molan ' Deady
McGrath ' Lyons ' Tier ' Tracy
Tierney ' Kavnagh

bluewhitearmy
11/09/2009, 11:17 AM
Limerick 2-0 (Kavnagh ' Tracy )

ryan
Tierney ' Kavnagh

Do you just copy team from week before all the time :). Dave Ryan suspended so probably Colla in goals.

Castletroy_Blue
11/09/2009, 12:37 PM
Think we are going to batter them tonight. 4-1 Limerick.

Yours, optimistically as always...

ped_ped
11/09/2009, 1:06 PM
Think we should make attendance predictions instead :p

I'll optimistically (and it's shameful that this is optimistic) go for near 400...

As for the match, another 2 - 1 will do the finest.

Haven't seen Collopy play before, is he decent or could he be a liability?

bluewhitearmy
11/09/2009, 2:29 PM
Haven't seen Collopy play before, is he decent or could he be a liability?

Can be a bit nervous at times but played well this year against Monaghan can make some fantastic saves and is very accurate with kicking. Good young keeper in my opinion.

bluepowers
11/09/2009, 3:30 PM
no i just put down the team i think will play

Collapy
Tierney ' Kavnagh

bluewhitearmy
11/09/2009, 4:01 PM
Just happens to always be the same as week before thats strange ;). I reckon 1-0 Limerick.

bluewhitearmy
11/09/2009, 9:45 PM
Apologies for poor info on Dave Ryan suspension. What a performance. Daryl Kavanagh is class hope we can keep him. And just have to say steveoooo.

ped_ped
11/09/2009, 9:47 PM
Pity Tierney didn't get his goal.

Serious performance, though :D

Inside Out
11/09/2009, 11:00 PM
Lads just wondering how DEADY is doing ??

Talented Player ..........

L37Ultra
11/09/2009, 11:55 PM
Lads just wondering how DEADY is doing ??

Talented Player ..........

He is having a great season.

Only Limerick player to have played every game so far this season. He has signed again for Limerick for next season.

Castletroy_Blue
12/09/2009, 3:35 AM
Great win. For once, one of my extravagant predictions nearly came true :(

Now, should I go to Shelbourne or not... :D

bluewhitearmy
12/09/2009, 11:08 AM
Great win. For once, one of my extravagant predictions nearly came true :(

Now, should I go to Shelbourne or not... :D

For once you weren't optimistic enough

You should def go what better game for 1st away trip big Limerick crowd great atmosphere and are usually good games between us and them. You know you want to really :cool:

ped_ped
12/09/2009, 1:02 PM
I dunno if I'll be able to go to any more games this season... :(

Stupid Leaving Cert... :mad:

If I could I'd be there next week, though. So if I were you I'd head up :D

LK37oldskool
13/09/2009, 7:08 PM
Best game all season,showed some real potential.He has got to do his upmost to re-sign most of that team.

bluewhitearmy
13/09/2009, 8:23 PM
Was talking to one of the players and he said expect more to be signed up soon so thats good news :)

Monkfish
14/09/2009, 9:38 AM
not saying he will just saying what he said to me

How pi$$ed were ye? Why would he go to boro?

oscar
14/09/2009, 12:32 PM
How pi$$ed were ye? Why would he go to boro?

because we can pay him more than ye
we have our own pitch
our kit is nicer
our dressing rooms aren't the size of a hotpress
will i go on:p:p:p

Monkfish
14/09/2009, 12:53 PM
because we can pay him more than ye
we have our own pitch
our kit is nicer
our dressing rooms aren't the size of a hotpress
will i go on:p:p:p

Can you really?
(Your not Pike)
Pitch is a pitch, what diff does that make?
(Your not Pike)
Nicer kit???????
(Your not Pike)
Your dressing rooms are the size of a slightly larger hotpress.

Why would anyone with the talent of Yellow want to take a backward step in to a mid-table junior club who play in a league with no linesmen and refs worse than our own league? there would have to be a VERY good reason. None of which you've explained. You've only tried to sour a thread regarding a fine win.

da bishop
14/09/2009, 1:35 PM
you can only beat whats put in front of you and we certainly did that.pity there was such a small crowd to see it.thought tierney put in a great shift and given he does,n score many it was a shame the referee messed up his goal.has the manager of athlone got the sack yet,because those players looked like they were doing their best to get him just that.

the only 1
14/09/2009, 1:38 PM
to be fair monkfish yellow told me he was leaving limerick aswell had a falling out with scully over him going away on hols did u not see the reaction he gave scully friday night with scully tried to shake his hand when taking off yellow wundt do it.as for going to boro wasnt he talking to conny yesterday and on pike side of dugout;)

bluewhitearmy
14/09/2009, 3:55 PM
Will just have to see what happens lets not forget he signed up for next year only last week.

Monkfish
14/09/2009, 11:23 PM
and was also at the boro side of the dugout;)

I believe a crow $hitted on that side of the dugout too! but a few drops landed near pikes subs so whos signing the bird $hit? :) and that dog who sniffed the corner flag? he becoming a linesman next year? :eek:

kev08
15/09/2009, 12:04 PM
are u really becoming a linesman :O:D

haha hes sniffing enough ass below in jackman anyways;)

L37Ultra
15/09/2009, 1:18 PM

So now we've finally established why you go to Limerick games :D

gael353
15/09/2009, 2:57 PM
several players have allready signed for next season and no im not gonna tell you who, all will be relesed in the comming weeks. if any player wishes to go to a lower level of football he will of course be allowed providing he hasnt signed for next season, is in contract, or if letters of retention have been sent to him by reg post.....which most* if not all players would have recieved by now.
best of luck to boro during this season

* its age related

Monkfish
15/09/2009, 2:59 PM

Everyone but yours, must be awful for you.

Why has this thread been allowed to decend to the level of what goes on in the junior forums?

gael353
15/09/2009, 3:00 PM
did u not see the reaction he gave scully friday night with scully tried to shake his hand when taking off yellow

obviously you didnt as scully patted his head. when the squad is signed and retained in the comming weeks be sure to be on only one and tell us of connies signings:rolleyes:

and the only reason all these juniorballlers come on posting is when limerick win or some good news is announced (eg scully signs, laods of mentions of Danny Drew) a guttless bunch who will never, ever have a face to face chat, argument etc etc

Monkfish
15/09/2009, 3:10 PM
and no im not gonna tell you who,

Give it another while, hearing the juniorballers claiming this player and that player will be signing for them should be great craic.

No doubt there will be players going back to intermediate or lower still, junior level (some of which will do a good job at senior or junior level) cause I cant see everyone giving the level commitment that Pat wants.

Monkfish
15/09/2009, 3:14 PM
a guttless bunch who will never, ever have a face to face chat, argument etc etc

You mean like Kev08 who sent a pm threatening to knock me out up in UCD?

Jofspring
16/09/2009, 8:49 AM
Was gutted when i missed this one. Typical result for a match i don't attend. Anyway its a great reult and hopefully more to come to close out the season nicely.

BigfeetBigsocks
16/09/2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah was my first time watching Limerick Senior team and thoroughly enjoyed it... especially the stand singers with the classic tune refering to the lady physio treating athlone player only yards in front of them .... Get in there she's easy ...get in there she's easy :D pure entertainment

the dazzler
16/09/2009, 12:42 PM
Give it another while, hearing the juniorballers claiming this player and that player will be signing for them should be great craic.

No doubt there will be players going back to intermediate or lower still, junior level (some of which will do a good job at senior or junior level) cause I cant see everyone giving the level commitment that Pat wants.

yellow lyons+shane walters were training with the boro last night fact

Jofspring
16/09/2009, 12:50 PM

I saw lyons training with star last year and also Scanlon trained once with us last year but they where still Limerick FC players so it doesn't exactly mean they have left Limerick. I'm sure if those players want to leave Limerick will accomodate them. Don't think scully will be forcing anyone to play that doesn't want to.

no17 fan
16/09/2009, 2:54 PM
first match that i got up to and have to say it was a cracking game, can someone give me a little history on stephen o flynn cause the lad looks a fantastic player.

joeSoap
16/09/2009, 3:12 PM
first match that i got up to and have to say it was a cracking game, can someone give me a little history on stephen o flynn cause the lad looks a fantastic player.

He played for Cork City as a young lad having come back from Wimbledon, and was released because he couldn't really get along with Liam Murphy. Noel O'Connor signed him for Limerick where he was mightily impressive before the club went to pieces and he went back to Cork under a new regime. He then moved to Derry City, he was injured a lot but scored in Europe against IFK Gothenburg I think. When Pat Fenlon took over at Derry, he was released and signed by Galway where he spent the last 18 months before re-signing with us.

gael353
16/09/2009, 5:49 PM

your point being??

Monkfish
16/09/2009, 6:13 PM

You spend your time watching other junior teams train?
........and I thought we were losers! :D

Monkfish
16/09/2009, 6:34 PM
they want out of limerick

Think your mixing up us with your own club. You should be ashamed of yourself with your carry on over on the junior section. A coward with no balls is all you are.

How does a man know who was where if didnt see it for himself? This is why juniorballers in town have a rep for being a shower of gossip spreading old women.

If you have gossip or rumours to spread regarding players take it to your specially dedicated thread over on the mickey mouse sunday league with no linesmen/fans/quality section of this website.

Thanks and good luck to Pike

juniorballer
18/09/2009, 9:28 AM
Getting back to the Athlone game....

How many attended?

Castletroy_Blue
21/09/2009, 5:07 PM
Getting back to the Athlone game....

How many attended?

About 260

rubyruby
21/09/2009, 8:22 PM
athlone to sneak it:cool:

Monkfish
21/09/2009, 10:01 PM
you seem obsessed yourself you have nearly 2500 posts made ;)

Your right, I am obsessed with my club and everything got to do with it.

Whats your fcuking point?