PDA

View Full Version : Cheer up!

Keen2win
07/09/2009, 6:59 PM
We'r in the quarter final of the cup on Saturday, against a team we have a chance of beating!:D

And "One F in Longford" should be out as well:cool:

We should all make it our goal to get 2 or 3 extra heads out to Flancare!

And seeing it's my first game in ages:o Section O better be buzzing! So everyone drunk please with lots of flags!

P.S. Try and keep this Town forum busy!

De Town
07/09/2009, 7:22 PM
Section O better be buzzing!

Have you been in Section O within the last 2 years?

Keen2win
07/09/2009, 7:25 PM
Have you been in Section O within the last 2 years?

Yes...:D

Martinho II
07/09/2009, 7:28 PM
well at least keen2win is trying.. I am in a state of depression since the monaghan utd loss and harps loss. :( but hey its a new week and you never know in the cup ..:D

Ronnie
08/09/2009, 8:39 AM
Yes it is the cup and yes we have a chance, sure were underdogs, but thats always the way with us...I have 5 lapsed fans returning and can't wait.
Gareth Conins Red and Black Army, LTFC!

Pauro 76
08/09/2009, 10:27 AM
I fancy us to take this, the Cup always gives us a bit of a lift...

Roo69
08/09/2009, 11:20 AM
I fancy us to take this, the Cup always gives us a bit of a lift...

Our boys will be absolutely flying after beating Bohs last weekend, they'll be only dying to get back out on the pitch i reckon.

How much is it in by the way ?

Longfordian
08/09/2009, 2:50 PM
The manager's not too impressed with a few of our players. Haven't been able to make the last couple of games, who are the likely candidates?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2466/

Martinho II
08/09/2009, 3:15 PM
The manager's not too impressed with a few of our players. Haven't been able to make the last couple of games, who are the likely candidates?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2466/

tom king hasnt being playin well the last few weeks.. Danny O'Leary has being very shaky in goals..Liam Lynch hasnt being his usual self since he scored the hattrick.. theres too many players not pulling their weight.. I dont know for the life of me why Ray Kennys still playing.. Derek Glynn you know my opinions on the man.. the only players that i think have played well are Stephen Gough and Adrian Murphy.. Jordan McMillan has being ok in patches..

I sincerely hope there will be a massive improvement on Saturday.. did anyone see the piece in the star today that Gareth Cronin got fined by the FAI for allegedly illegally approaching a player from waterford utd David Grincell when Cronin first got the town job.. the timings not the best with the cup match coming up...

Longfordian
08/09/2009, 3:26 PM
Didn't see that about Cronin, no. Seems a strange one, he'd know he was under contract unless he was on to him about next year or something?. Ray Kenny is only there because we've nobody else I imagine. He was one of the ones Cronin was looking to get rid off when he came in apparently he and Sheridan were top of the hit list. Maybe there'll be a response to hs comments on Saturday, we live in hope!.

Martinho II
08/09/2009, 3:38 PM
a bit of reverse psychology does wonders as the players seem to have being holding back the last two games.. we will know on saturday whether the players will be wound up by Cronins comments...

RonnieB
08/09/2009, 3:44 PM
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet not easy been Clay Davis id say. Those people looking to put you away wanna remember who got them there in the first place.. :)

Longfordian
08/09/2009, 3:59 PM
Ol' Clay is gonna stand tall on this one, don't you worry about that.

sorbothegreek
08/09/2009, 4:44 PM
[QUOTE=Martinho II;1228021]tom king hasnt being playin well the last few weeks.. Danny O'Leary has being very shaky in goals..Liam Lynch hasnt being his usual self since he scored the hattrick.. theres too many players not pulling their weight.. I dont know for the life of me why Ray Kennys still playing.. Derek Glynn you know my opinions on the man.. the only players that i think have played well are Stephen Gough and Adrian Murphy.. Jordan McMillan has being ok in patches..QUOTE]

Wouldn't agree with you there Marty. Tom King has been head and shoulders clear as our player of the year in my opinion. He's now being played out of position on the wing with first McMillan and then Kenny proving close to useless in his absence as well as offering the lad nothing going forward.
Danny O’Leary hasn’t been spectacular in goals but I wouldn’t say he’s been very shaky. Most of our goals conceded are coming because of our poor back 4. King excluded when he’s used there.
I’m afraid I’ll disagree with you again on those you say are playing well. Gough, no, not playing well. Murphy has been ok but again he’s been asked to do too much defensive work to cover for poor players behind him. McMillan was ok against Finn Harps but was shocking bad against Monaghan.

Salmon Coloured
09/09/2009, 7:50 AM
Id have to disagree with meself & state that King has been brilliant in goals since the house went off the market. Kenny is reliable if unreliable. His goal against nobody rose the roof that night if ye remember. Up front we may as well have 2 lamas cos thats where were headin, Africa.
The gaffer has his work cut out thats for sure, if he wants to ever appear at any of the matches thats fine by me. McCarthy is a legend & will be in La Liga next year trust me.
A man once told me that if i didnt pay him the money i owed him i wouldnt see the next dawn. I paid him & saw not only the next dawn but the following 4 dawns after it. You tell me who had the last laugh.
faiiiugphqghq99gh997t2h

sorbothegreek
09/09/2009, 8:38 AM
Id have to disagree with meself & state that King has been brilliant in goals since the house went off the market. Kenny is reliable if unreliable. His goal against nobody rose the roof that night if ye remember. Up front we may as well have 2 lamas cos thats where were headin, Africa.
The gaffer has his work cut out thats for sure, if he wants to ever appear at any of the matches thats fine by me. McCarthy is a legend & will be in La Liga next year trust me.
A man once told me that if i didnt pay him the money i owed him i wouldnt see the next dawn. I paid him & saw not only the next dawn but the following 4 dawns after it. You tell me who had the last laugh.
faiiiugphqghq99gh997t2h

What HE hinted at...

Martinho II
09/09/2009, 6:30 PM
[QUOTE=sorbothegreek;1228116][QUOTE=Martinho II;1228021]tom king hasnt being playin well the last few weeks.. Danny O'Leary has being very shaky in goals..Liam Lynch hasnt being his usual self since he scored the hattrick.. theres too many players not pulling their weight.. I dont know for the life of me why Ray Kennys still playing.. Derek Glynn you know my opinions on the man.. the only players that i think have played well are Stephen Gough and Adrian Murphy.. Jordan McMillan has being ok in patches..QUOTE]

Wouldn't agree with you there Marty. Tom King has been head and shoulders clear as our player of the year in my opinion. He's now being played out of position on the wing with first McMillan and then Kenny proving close to useless in his absence as well as offering the lad nothing going forward.
Danny O’Leary hasn’t been spectacular in goals but I wouldn’t say he’s been very shaky. Most of our goals conceded are coming because of our poor back 4. King excluded when he’s used there.

shows what I know about football eh? I am basing the assumption over the last two games.. Tom King would be my player of the year.. you raised a good point about Adrian Murphy he does be in defence too often for my own liking.. all those losses over the last two games are effecting my judgment!!
]