PDA

View Full Version : An Post Promotion

Pages : [1] 2 3

thischarmingman
07/09/2009, 12:43 PM
Anyone else see the promotion set up between An Post and the FAI bear fruit today? I was pleasantly surprised to see some post boxes in the city carrying large, very glossy, adverts for tickets to LOI games.

Details of the offer are here: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Billpay/FAI.htm

Credit where it's due and all. :)

gspain
07/09/2009, 1:39 PM
Definitely and would be good to support it too.

dcfcsteve
07/09/2009, 2:02 PM
A nice initiative, and will be very interesting to see how many tickets are given out and then used.

It's a shame the Eircom League banner/logo on the An Post page isn't a live link to enable people to click through and see what games are coming up.

Also - as a minor FAI point, does anyone else find the 'edgey' font of the Real Football, Real Fans strap-line a bit hard to read...? :confused:

ped_ped
07/09/2009, 5:48 PM
:(

Our local Post Office ain't doing it.... :p

seand
08/09/2009, 4:34 PM
Not a bad promo. As a season ticket holder at Dundalk I intend to use it away to Bohs next week.

Leejo
08/09/2009, 5:00 PM
Not a bad promo. As a season ticket holder at Dundalk I intend to use it away to Bohs next week.

Oh no you won't...

BohDiddley
08/09/2009, 6:46 PM
Oh no you won't...

No harm intending.

seand
08/09/2009, 10:40 PM
Oh no you won't...

I haven't looked into it in any detail, but is there anything stopping me from using it at Bohs, Pats or anywhere else?

eelmonster
08/09/2009, 10:53 PM
I haven't looked into it in any detail, but is there anything stopping me from using it at Bohs, Pats or anywhere else?

The promotion is only valid during the month of October.

SkStu
08/09/2009, 11:12 PM

quit sucking those lemons ya petty, bitter ****person****

dcfcsteve
09/09/2009, 12:21 AM

Eh....? :confused:

RoversHead
09/09/2009, 1:01 AM
Section 1 parragraph B of the boycott memo allows for intervention in extreme cases of muppetry ,MNSrfc ? who is the bitter lemon stu?has Marino got hold of your login by anychance?.........Tic Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock........Que marino the only poster capeable of gazumping such muppetry:D:D:D

SkStu
09/09/2009, 2:16 AM
damn, i thought id reported enough of your posts to get you banned at this stage...

of course im bitter when it comes to Rovers!!! Its my job!

Come on MarinoBohs, help me out here, take the heat off me... :D

SkStu
09/09/2009, 2:17 AM
Eh....? :confused:

forget it derrycityfootballclubsteve, its not that important.

BohDiddley
09/09/2009, 7:07 AM
Section 1 parragraph B of the boycott memo allows for intervention in extreme cases of muppetry ,MNSrfc ? who is the bitter lemon stu?has Marino got hold of your login by anychance?.........Tic Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock........Que marino the only poster capeable of gazumping such muppetry
Qué...? ;)

Dunny
11/09/2009, 5:33 PM
Can it only be used if there are 2 adults and 2 children or can say 2 adults use it? Got one today and thinking of using it for Drogs away.

Martinho II
11/09/2009, 5:42 PM
Can it only be used if there are 2 adults and 2 children or can say 2 adults use it? Got one today and thinking of using it for Drogs away.

I got one today Dunny and from reading the terms and conditions its a family pass for two adults and two children only..

Dunny
11/09/2009, 5:44 PM
Balls.

Ezeikial
11/09/2009, 7:01 PM
An Post clearly have identified the wrong target market - paying bills on time just doesn't fit with LoI football:)

holidaysong
12/09/2009, 2:25 PM
Balls.

Ask a dad with two kids in the queue can you be part of their family for five minutes and you'll get them all in for free. :)

Dunny
12/09/2009, 3:18 PM
Ask a dad with two kids in the queue can you be part of their family for five minutes and you'll get them all in for free. :)

I'd look well alright!:o:D

Was going to use it for Drog's away.

SkStu
12/09/2009, 5:24 PM
i didnt think you went to games Dunny considering the amount of time you spend here updating me on the latest scores from around the leagues on a friday night.

Dunny
13/09/2009, 9:57 PM
Was that a dig?:D

I can't get to most away games but I'm a season ticket holder for Dundalk.

gotaroundbetter
14/09/2009, 10:46 AM
I paid 4 bills :eek: and got 2 promotion slips, when I asked at my local club how they got refunded given it was a slip of paper that you take back for further use during October and not some tear of coupon thingy they would return for reinbursement.
I was met with a shrug and the news that the club would probably have to take the hit.Hopefully he's wrong anyone with more info.??

SkStu
14/09/2009, 3:19 PM
Was that a dig?:D

I can't get to most away games but I'm a season ticket holder for Dundalk.

no, not at all - i honestly thought you didnt go to many games as you are nearly always on here on a Friday night.

gufc2000
03/10/2009, 10:48 AM
I paid 4 bills :eek: and got 2 promotion slips, when I asked at my local club how they got refunded given it was a slip of paper that you take back for further use during October and not some tear of coupon thingy they would return for reinbursement.
I was met with a shrug and the news that the club would probably have to take the hit.Hopefully he's wrong anyone with more info.??
Clubs don't get compensated for the use of these coupons. The clubs lose out :mad:

A face
03/10/2009, 10:56 AM
Clubs don't get compensated for the use of these coupons. The clubs lose out :mad:

They should stand to gain as well though. It needs to happen.

Guitd
03/10/2009, 11:41 AM

this is a mad idea -clubs are now been asked to let people in for free with these vouchers for all games during october without getting anything in return ? what benifit is that to any club -

Hairy Bowsie
03/10/2009, 11:47 AM
A good few regulars that normally pay into Tolka, got in on these vouchers last night. The queue with the vouchers was twice as long as the queue to pay was, at 10 mins before kick off last night.

gufct
03/10/2009, 12:08 PM
this is a mad idea -clubs are now been asked to let people in for free with these vouchers for all games during october without getting anything in return ? what benifit is that to any club -

Clubs get nothing back over 100 vouchers at GUFC's game nearly all regulars which took over €2,500 off the gate which is catastrophic in our current situation.

Schumi
03/10/2009, 2:16 PM
What a daft promotion. Who thought up that idea?

gufc4life
03/10/2009, 7:17 PM
its shocking noel mooney was taking them yesteday in galway and was handing them back to people who came in with the ticket saying its valid for 4 matchs :eek:

Dundalkjames
04/10/2009, 11:27 AM
can you use this for 2 games?

Longfordian
04/10/2009, 11:44 AM
Apparently there was only four people that used them at Town-Athlone last night but it is a stupid idea as they'll just be used by regulars anyway. The aforementioned Mr Mooney was apparently at our game as well as Fran Gavin, not quite sure what we did to deserve such an honour.

Battery Rover
04/10/2009, 4:22 PM
can you use this for 2 games?

It can be used for as many games as you want during October.

Dundalkjames
04/10/2009, 6:37 PM
so I can use it for this fridays game and the friday after that yeah?

Mad Moose
19/10/2009, 1:04 PM
Been discussed on Liveline.Scheme is been scrapped as its ran into problem after problem.More over the course of the hour on Liveline.

Ezeikial
19/10/2009, 2:56 PM
so I can use it for this fridays game and the friday after that yeah?

An Post vouchers not valid for the Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers game this Friday.

PartySaint
20/10/2009, 2:56 PM
Can any Bohs fan let me no if i can use these in Dalymount tonight?

The Betting Man
20/10/2009, 3:36 PM
Can any Bohs fan let me no if i can use these in Dalymount tonight?

Bohs fans who used them at our home game v Drogs,were sent to the Des Kelly Stand,dont see any reason why you wont be able to use them for the game tonight even if you are an away supporter, I used mine in Cork last Friday

Roo69
21/10/2009, 12:10 PM
I'd first hand experience in this promotion last night...... Shocking, What a shambles it really is ! It makes no sense what so ever to let so many people into games free of charge, All the people using then where regulars who normally pay into games. 55 Adults and 50 Children free of charge, that was over a third of the crowd last night.

I actually had 2 guys come through who are season tickets holders saying they used the promotion leaflet because they thought the club would get some money from it.

I've worked with the guy and he is bang on and only wants whats best for the League, but what in the name of **** was Noel Mooney thinking off with this promotion ?

Longfordian
21/10/2009, 1:57 PM
Apparently his thinking/hope is that An Post are going to come on board as major sponsors of the league. Whether that ever happens remains to be seen.

Schumi
21/10/2009, 2:15 PM
It's great according to Noel Mooney: http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=37400

RonnieB
21/10/2009, 2:21 PM
It's great according to Noel Mooney: http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=37400

Good old Noel. I am sure the clubs who have lost out on valuable gate receipts consider it great.

John83
21/10/2009, 3:01 PM
Mooney could talk up a stadium fire, and probably would if it occurred as a result of a league promotion. He's just doing his job. We complained here and at fans forums about the FAI not fighting negative press before.

Ezeikial
21/10/2009, 4:43 PM
All the people using then where regulars who normally pay into games. 55 Adults and 50 Children free of charge, that was over a third of the crowd last night.

This promotional scheme was a nonsense of the highest order.

In the quotes from the Irish Daily Star/Eleven-a-side piece Mooney makes no mention of any role for this promo in a strategy to attract An Post as league sponsors, but only mentions attracting a new layer of support.

But Mooney believes the benefits of the An Post scheme will outweigh the short-term impact on revenue.

He told the Irish Daily Star: “We have to think about what is right for the league and for clubs in the medium- to long-term. In our view this scheme can add a new layer of people to the game here.

There is no doubt that some new fans might get a taster and become regulars (like his New Zealand family example), but the cost versus returns for the clubs just don't add up.

The Bray example above cost the club over €1,000 in lost revenue(miniscule in comparison to other clubs) .

Lets be really generous here and say 10% of these were newbies, and that 30% of these were so enthralled with what they saw, that they now attend half of Brays league games next season. That would give Bray a return of less then €300 next season.

When you add in the fact that the same vouchers could be used repeatedly for several games in October, the scale of the lunacy becomes even more obvious.

Promoting new supporters through the issuing of targeted freebies is sensible - but Noel Mooney has shown that his judgement on how to do this is not to be trusted. Of course clubs had no say in all this - it was foisted upon them.

Martinho II
21/10/2009, 4:59 PM
Mooney could talk up a stadium fire, and probably would if it occurred as a result of a league promotion. He's just doing his job. We complained here and at fans forums about the FAI not fighting negative press before.

I am wondering when is the next fans forum or have they stopped them all together?

John83
21/10/2009, 5:29 PM
I am wondering when is the next fans forum or have they stopped them all together?
There's usually one a little before the season starts.

CSFShels
21/10/2009, 6:41 PM
To be honest, this would have made more sense at the start of the season. Very hard to integrate people into getting into the habit of going to games when theres a nice 4 month break coming up soon.

Martinho II
22/10/2009, 5:13 PM
There's usually one a little before the season starts.

and they normally have one in the middle of the season as they did last year..