PDA

View Full Version : Uefa First Division (B) Licence.

Xlex
11/02/2004, 12:28 PM
Firstly, our current difficulties with the accounts are a problem. but because we actually got the licence, we must have been OK in this regard,

Most our problems are with the ground. For a fresh ground, which is the envy of many eL clubs, there's so much wrong... Our plans may have granted us a licence but what's solid wasn't enough...

loose surfaces.
Toilets
Away fans access

The monster draw and the grand money should bring it up to scratch but it's an anxoius few months and it remains to be seen why more clubs didn't get tyhe 'A' licence

Macy
11/02/2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Most our problems are with the ground. For a fresh ground, which is the envy of many eL clubs, there's so much wrong... Our plans may have granted us a licence but what's solid wasn't enough...

loose surfaces.
Toilets
Away fans access

The monster draw and the grand money should bring it up to scratch but it's an anxoius few months and it remains to be seen why more clubs didn't get tyhe 'A' licence
Add on press facilities, the TV gantry and disabled access, size of the pitch... tbh I'm more concerned with the financial aspects, plus the full time day to day manager....

IMO, the ground work shouldn't be too hard, unless the pitch extensions throw a real spanner in the works...

Loose surfaces shouldn't be too hard to clear, as it's only the car park and it's not unreasonable for this to be put off till warmer months....
Toilets - not sure the portaloo's will do, but surely not that big a deal.
Away fans access - up the lane way at the back of the stand. We may as well write off the bit of the ground that side of the ground anyway. Stick away jacks in there, and possibly the disabled section? Even if that end has to be roofed, it shouldn't be that big a deal.
Press facilities - not sure, I assume phone lines and power points?
TV Gantry - just finish it off, FFS I reckon I could finish it from where it is now.
Size of the pitch? Hopefully fit in as is, otherwise push the walkways were necessary... It'll mean losing capacity though...

Financial aspects - doesn't seem we can even meet the current requirements...

Martinho II
11/02/2004, 10:00 PM
And to make things even worse the season may be delayed by a few weeks to allow the appeal by the clubs to take place. What a F.E.C.K.I.N. mess this is!:mad: