PDA

View Full Version : The latest on the license

sadloserkid
11/02/2004, 12:17 PM
Soccercentral latest (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=12091&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

Ourselves and Rovers have missed out. I think we deserve some answers now. In failing to meet the license requirements we run a real risk of being left out of the league this season which would utterly destroy us. When are we next meeting the committee again.

joeSoap
11/02/2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Soccercentral latest (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=12091&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

Ourselves and Rovers have missed out. I thik we deserve some answers now. In failing to meet the license requirements we run a real risk of being left out of the league this season which would utterly destroy us. When are we next meeting the committee again. At least Rovers have a structure in place.....we have jack s**t. I can't see how we'll be left into the league now, not after all this.

parnell ranger
11/02/2004, 12:33 PM
Athlone havent met the requirements either but have been assured of an exemption.
the licence was never intended to put teams out of football or even relegate them.
the FAI will support any club willing to make the effort with exemptions,extra time etc.

gael353
11/02/2004, 12:55 PM
we didnt get one oh my god after all the work that we put in in the last four years!:rolleyes: i get the feeling we're gonna be booted

4tothefloor
11/02/2004, 2:50 PM
From Soccer Central

It is understood from other sources that Rovers are in discussions with another club for the use of their stadium and which they would have control of on match days until such time as Tallaght is ready.

Rovers are confident of getting their license on appeal, which leaves us as the laughing stock of the league. Unless the powers that be support another season at the Pike, Limerick FC won't be around for much longer. In any case, what future plans do our hard working committee have for the club? If they don't have serious plans to own and develop their own ground,we're obviously doomed to oblivion. The words 'hung', 'drawn' and 'quartered' spring to mind. :mad: