PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one

greg o brien
11/02/2004, 9:46 AM
hey,
being irish and being a huge football fan, i am obviously a huge fan of our national team, but i absolutly resent the fact that i can never go to see our national team play competitivly (and even friendlies). i've tried every avenue i can think of and have ended up banging my head off the wall every time i speak with the fai. i live in the dun laoighaire area and i don't know of any local clubs that get tickets. the closest club i know of with a fan club is bray wanderers and i'd feel kind of lousy joining a club just to get international tickets ( i would like to join a club if it was local because at least i would have an attachment to it). i rang an international supporters club and to be honest they were less than friendly and didn't seem too eager to invite new members to join. the fai said there is a 900 strong waiting list for season tickets:rolleyes: and touts well you know yourself (120 euro for republic of ireland vs georgia) :eek:. i go to all the friendly matches (sold through ticketmaster) but i want to go to every match i can so i'd really appreciate if anyone could suggest anything to me. im really sorry for the rant and for whining, i'm just a bit fed up with the fact i can't go see the lads play and have to watch them on sky sport:mad:

Xlex
11/02/2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by greg o brien
i'm just a bit fed up with the fact i can't go see the lads play and have to watch them on sky sport:mad:

It's just a pity your not watching them exclusively on Sky Sports...

very little sympathy for you mate. It's hard for everyone to get tickets. The fans idea just benefits a few thousand, pitance in the larger scheme of things and it's just a little loyalty bonus attached to supporting the eL.

Macy
11/02/2004, 10:11 AM
hey,
being irish and being a huge football fan,
Without wanting to stir up the hornet’s nest again, maybe a huge football fan like yourself should be going to the Carlisle Grounds anyway. I mean, 10 minutes on the dart and you're there.... Then you wouldn't feel guilty about joining the supporters club, and hey you might even enjoy it and have fun....

Bald Student
11/02/2004, 10:26 AM
If you're in Dún Laoghaire, UCD is as close to you, if not closer, than Bray. Our supporters club is happy to take new members. We distribute what international tickets we get as evenly amoungst our members as we can.

You can join by talking to anyone in the program shop in Belfield Park. If you feel bad about joining a supporters club of a club you dont support, you'll find that season tickets to Belfield Park are quite reasonably priced.

Macy
11/02/2004, 10:48 AM
Hardly a lecture.... I personally think it is a fair point if someone's a "huge football fan" to suggest going to live local games...

Beavis
11/02/2004, 11:59 AM
They should increase the number of block bookers and have less to go on general sale.Then you'd get larger crowds at games against every oppostion.I am on the BB waiting list but there's like 900 ahead of me and it's moving very slow.I don't think I can be guarenteed a ticket for at least 8 or 10 years.
Can't wait!:D

republic
11/02/2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Macy
I personally think it is a fair point if someone's a "huge football fan" to suggest going to live local games...

Some might suggest that going to eircom League games would be enough to turn anyone off football :D :D :D .

On a more serious note, the FAI have administered a block-booking scheme for over a decade. Supporters who joined then and remained on the list have no problems. Many of those on the block booking list get quite a few tickets per game. I get five per game but I have heard of one person who gets 18 (!!) per game. This is fair enough as the purchaser agrees to buy the same amount of tickets for every game. (In practice this does not seem to be strictly enforced as those who do not take tickets for every friendly game are still offered tickets for competitive matches.)

The major problem is with 'new' supporters like Greg. As the FAI refuse to accept new names on the waiting list (and also refuse to increase the allocation of current block-bookers) it is a difficult situation for those who want to go to all matches.

I would have said that the official Republic of Ireland supporters club would gladly accept new members and would be the best source of tickets for newer supporters such as Greg. See the Evening Herald every Thursday evening for contact details.

onenilgameover
11/02/2004, 12:08 PM
Greg,

It can be difficult to get tickets to the higher profile matches at Lansdowne but don't be put off...i understand you don't have a real interest in local football but you can look for a team to support as it is is indeed needed. If not ask to be put on the waiting list for the block booking system... info@fai.ie ..talk to a Mary Byrne....she will put you on the list and at least you will know that in the future you will be able to get tickets..i myself am one of the 900+ and we got tickets to the Brazil game if thats the game that has you annoyed......there are ways around the ticket issue if you keep looking...just because you are a huge fan does not mean you have an aytomatic right to tickets...so many of them are corporate tickets etc..etc..

keep puggin....

Check out these A holes who are selling theres for profit....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2224398722&category=58740

tiktok
11/02/2004, 12:29 PM
The problem really comes with young or 'new' fans. People with a genuine interest can only add their names to the block booking list and wait like everybody else.

Greg, i'd suggest you take Bald Student up on his offer, you'd never know, you might grow to like it.

Hopefully the redevelopment of landsdowne will create an extra few thousand block booking places, that'll help the 900 out.

Peadar
11/02/2004, 1:15 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
Hopefully the redevelopment of landsdowne will create an extra few thousand block booking places

It's likely that they'll sell 10 year tickets as they had planned to do for eircom Park. In the event of this happening, many people may be put off by the cost of a lump sum payment.
Not sure if they'll maintain the block booking scheme.
They may develop a ticket registration scheme where by registered members can apply for tickets before they go on general sale.
The offer to join UCD is genuine and at the very least you may even make some contacts.

greg o brien
11/02/2004, 1:38 PM
thanks for all the suggestion, they are much appreciated. this thread is really adressed to anyone who feels you should support a specific irish club to see the international team. (the truth be known, our national team is the only team in the world i'd call myself a supporter of and i don't think that makes me any less of a football supporter). one thing i would like to clear up is that i am actually interested in the el and i do keep an eye the results, comings and going. i would like to join a club and be actively support and contribute to a local club. But it is a bit ridiculous that i HAVE to support a club to see my national team. a strong argument against this is the fact that many people i know live in the back end of nowhere and it isnt so easy to get to a club, so are these people not intitled to see the national team, are the people living on the aran islands not entitled to see the national team because they arent affiliated with an el club? and granted its easier for me to get to el clubs than others but i shouldnt have to join a club or make corperate friends to see the international team. if it getting to see the international team is a bonus for supporting the eircom league (as suggested above) then i would see the fai as being completely elitist and they are also discriminating against those who are not in a position to be an active supporter at an el club.

Xlex
11/02/2004, 1:48 PM
if it getting to see the international team is a bonus for supporting the eircom league (as suggested above) then i would see the fai as being completely elitist and they are also discriminating against those who are not in a position to be an active supporter at an el club.

you don't understand, do you...

say eL clubs get an average of 200 tickets each, and really it's little or none... thats 4,400 and the fans initive to bring colour and noise to Landsdowne road gets in 1000 tickets, that's only 5,400 tickets, where are the other 27,000 tickets going and to whose affiliation are those supporters connected to... How can you say it's an elitist to grant 1,000 tickets in the name of a colourful and noisy support? We're helping to sustain the senior game in Ireland. Nobody else is...

What about the tickets junior clubs and schoolboy clubs get?

niamh
11/02/2004, 2:25 PM
Getting tickets for senior internationals in any game is difficult. You need insider contacts to get tickets for the rugby matches as well.

greg o brien
11/02/2004, 3:31 PM
no i obviously don't understand xlex, i don't understand where 27000 tickets go, i don't understand why fans are being left out in the cold with out any oppurtunity of being allowed in. i don't understand why i'm being forced to pay the touts (who have no problem getting tickets apparently) ridiculous amounts of money to see my national team. i don't understand why the taxes of the irish people should pay for a stadium that they will never be allowed into. i don't understand how anyone living in a remote area or with no links to an eL club or a block bocker goes about getting a ticket, so no i dont understand....

thats why i posted this thread. having said that you seem to think i have something against the eL clubs or there reciept of tickets, of course i don't. i think it is absolutely incredible how the eL has grown in the last decade and this growth is invaluable to the national team. all i want to know is why i'm not allowed to see my national team, surely my money is as good as anyone elses. surely there is a better way of distributing tickets rather than the block booking system. even if they released 10,000 to the general public (5000 to ticket master and 5000 on the day at the stadium to cut down touting). i have been to many hurling and gaelic football games and i have never had a problem getting tickets, dispite the fact that clubs all over country are provided with tickets. i got tickets to the leinster final between kilkenny and wexford last summer no bother, they just sold a number to the general public outside Croke park and you can't say fairer, because atleast you were given a decent oppurtunity. first come first served everyone has a chance. but the way international football is dealt with the general public is never afforded any real oppurtunity.

also the fact that is the same in international rugby doesn't make it any better. just makes more disappointed fans not being given an equal oppurtunity.

NigeSausagepump
11/02/2004, 5:24 PM
I know it's a cliche to say that tons of tickets are going to corporate tossers who know sweet FA about football, but just for the record...............a mate of mine who works in a Continental European bank in Dublin is being taken to the Brazil game, along with 8 other lads (including Irish, Belgians, French and Germans) he works with courtesey of an American broker based in London!

What makes it more galling is that my mate has zero interest in football, and claims very few of the rest of the lads he works with have any interest in Ireland, only Brazil.

Made me choke on my pint when he told me. I'm sure we can expect a less than frenetic welcome for the Irish team when they emerge from that segment of the ground....

sylvo
11/02/2004, 6:36 PM
That's the annoying sickening thing about the way tickets are being handed out. It seem's you've got more chance of getting a ticket for game's if your in a golf club not a football club. They go on about the lack of atmosphere @ lansdowne over the last ten years, well look @ the thousands of suit's and people dressed for the golf course to see where that problem started. Ticket's should'nt be going on mass to coperate company's for big game's they should be going to fan's i'm sick of going to match's and hav'in to listen to personality bypass's giving out just because fan's are behaving like you do @ game's like signing, shouting and celabrating goal's.

my left foot
12/02/2004, 12:37 AM
system at old traf seems quite fair.supporter membership is open to join from end of season til end of sept apply and send payment for particular game and your name is put in lottery.i know people who attend 4-5 games per season 1 from denmark.it allows access to long distance supporters who couldnt attend regularly even if they could get a season ticket.maybe early petitioning of fai to implement similar scheme would wake the fockers up.totally symphatise with you greg

greg o brien
12/02/2004, 11:06 AM
thanks for the positive feed back on it. i really think (as i'm sure most irish fans do) that there is a better way of distributing the tickets. it really is very discouraging and disheartening when your not given the oppurtunity to support your national team.

and on people who get tickets and no sweet Feck all. last march i was at the norway friendly and two lads were going on about our chances of winning the game, (and i probably wouldn't believe this if i hadnt heard it with my own ears) one asked the other whether or not ROY Keane was playing, the other replied he wasn't sure. i can only presume they had been out of the country a long time. i'm not saying you have to be a complete football buff to get a ticket now but come on. do they sound like suppoerters to you?

Paulie
12/02/2004, 12:43 PM
Blockbooking from the FAI's point of view makes sense. It ensures that each competitive home game is sold out regardless of opposition. If 10,000 or so tickets were to go on general sale outside the ground there is no guarantee that these would be sold. It's fine for the bigger games but are the fair weather "supporters" going to go along to see the likes of the Faroe Islands or Cyprus? These are the kind of people who would take into account whether or not it's raining when deciding if they should go and see there country play in WC/EC qualifier. In the event of a big match you could have people travelling to Lansdowne from all parts of the country left outside the ground due to lack of tickets so it's hardly a runner. As a block-booker I know it's easy for me say this but I genuinely feel that there are not any other feasible options that will guarantee the FAI all tickets are sold for every competitive game and we all know that ,especially now with the new stadium, the FAI will need every penny they can get.

gspain
12/02/2004, 1:00 PM
There are corporate tickets for all sports and in all countries. The F.A.I. are no better or worse than any others. It will get worse for the new Lansdowne when you'll have lots of 10 year tickets (mainly corporate) and sponsors seats. They do however provide muchneeded revenue for the association

The F.A.I.'s system is actually quite fair with the block bookings and they have been open on a few occasions in the past 12 years. There are also tickets for EL fans and clubs.

The Man Utd scheme is designed to get as many people as possible to visit OT during a season - increase Megastore sales etc. average spend of a first time visitor to OT excluding ticket is £100+ - your average season ticket holder might buy a programme, a prawn sandwich and a chardonnay. :)

sylvo
12/02/2004, 1:52 PM
I also am on the block booking and agree it make's sence, my problem is about the amount of ticket's that go to corperate Ireland when it come's to the big match's.
I understand with the sponsership deal's the fai have a obligation to hand over ticket's to these company's but they go to far it would seem.
One of the only time's i have heard of ticket's for a qualifier going on general sale in the last ten year's was when we played Croatia in 98 and beat them 2-0. I was told that the reason why so many ticket's were avilable were due to coperate company's sending ticket's back.
I guess seeing that we had'nt got to France in 98 and were playing the team that finished 3rd the big suit's and all the other event junkie's did'nt fancy seeing us getting a beating.
It turned out to be one of the best atmosphere's @ a match @ lansdowne since the 80's and would seem to prove to fai that all these corperate company's are only intrested in a succesfull team and just treat football like it's an event.
Even after the Russia game last september i overheard a conversation in a pub in haddington road between two bloke's one saying to the other the reason why he liked drinking in that pub after match's was because it was a good rugby pub and you don't get to many football fan's going in there. I had to remind to p***k just where he'd just been and what he'd just after watching arrrrrgghhh.

petef
12/02/2004, 1:53 PM
Having to watch an eircom league match before your entitled to see Ireland play should not be a prerequisite as should joining a supporters club be either.
Its the same with the rugby if your not connected or a member of a club then you dont have a chance in hell. I'm lucky in that I can get tickets for the rugby if I wanted, probably could with the football and all, the fact I live in Glasgow means though I dont avail of the opportunity.
Its the way it is and always will be.

Schumi
12/02/2004, 1:56 PM
Originally posted by sylvo
One of the only time's i have heard of ticket's for a qualifier going on general sale in the last ten year's was when we played Croatia in 98 and beat them 2-0. I was told that the reason why so many ticket's were avilable were due to coperate company's sending ticket's back. There were tickets on sale for the Georgia and Albania matches which were returned from the Georgian and Albanian FAs. People were queueing on Merrion Sq when I was picking up our supporters' club tickets.

Peadar
12/02/2004, 1:58 PM
Originally posted by petef
Having to watch an eircom league match before your entitled to see Ireland play should not be a prerequisite

It isn't!
Tickets are scarce due to the limited capacity of the ground.
They're hard to come by.
End of story.

Originally posted by Schumi
There were tickets on sale for the Georgia and Albania matches

They certainly were Schumi and were also available for certain World Cup qualifiers because I got them for Cyprus, Andorra and Estonia.

sylvo
12/02/2004, 2:06 PM
Very true but in the 90's this was'nt something that happened very often ticket's for qualifier's going on general sale. The Georgia and Albania ticket's were return's from the visiting team where as Croatia in 98 was due to lack of intrest in sponser's and other company's @ home who had been given ticket's.

John83
12/02/2004, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
It isn't!
Tickets are scarce due to the limited capacity of the ground.
They're hard to come by.
End of story.

Exactly right. This complaining about EL fans getting tickets is a pile of B.S. We get a tiny fraction of the tickets, and most EL fans have to go about getting tickets just like anyone else. The benefits of the scheme in terms of atmosphere are unquestionable.

Xlex
12/02/2004, 2:24 PM
1. We get a small fraction of tickets.
2. Being involved in any level of the game grants you a better chance of getting a ticket...
3. you eventually get what you put into anything...

Macy
12/02/2004, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by petef
Having to watch an eircom league match before your entitled to see Ireland play should not be a prerequisite as should joining a supporters club be either.
All FAI affiliated clubs get tickets AFAIK. The eL tickets that you see advertised on here for supporters clubs are a result of a specific campaign to increase the atmosphere at the matches... It's aimed at vocal fans of the clubs, and is only around a 1000 tickets max. You'd swear we were getting the whole North Terrace!

Beavis
12/02/2004, 3:04 PM
Presumably the FAI would prefer more blook bookers but make too much money from corporations to increase BBs at the corporation's expense.The only time tickets go on general sale for qualifiers is when other FAs send tickets back.In such an event or other situatons of in which tickets are freed up those on the BB waiting list should be contacted first.Ie the waiting list fans would be kind of provisional BBookers.

greg o brien
12/02/2004, 4:05 PM
i agree block booking is a good way for the fai to assure they get as much money as they can out of every irish game. but this doesn't necessarily mean that the national team is going to get the support it deserves, it just means all the tickets are sold whether or not the people who have recieved them use them or not. it doesnt really affect fair weather fans because their are still getting tickets, and they can decide to sell them or use it if the game is of interest to them. We will definitely see plenty more tickets becoming available for a lot cheaper for the czech and romania games.

but if you think about it, block booking does garauntee the fai ticket sales but it has a lot to do with the poor atmosphere at matches, because you have these guys who take up their tickets when big games roll around, they may not have very much interest in football or be passionate about the game but they would like to be able to tell everyone in the office "i was at the game last night, you know ireland ya, damo duff is great ya, and what about that other fella, the goalie ya, he's good too". when you look at friendlies like norway and canada getting a ticket wasn't a task. so neither the people who usually get there tickets from block booking or anyone else was rushing out for tickets. but i can gaurantee when a big game comes around like the up coming qualifiers the fai will have no problem filling that stadium twice over and maybe if the tickets werent already sold to block bookers there would be less of these semi interested fans there to be seen and more of an atmosphere and due support for our team.

Declan_Michael
12/02/2004, 4:12 PM
Since block booking is effectivly a season ticket I don't see the problem. Most countries/clubs have this system.

I do agree with friendlies however. I loyalty system should be introduced. Attendance was very low for Canada game. Did anyone else stand on the terraces for US game in April 02 when it p*ssing down?

A point that hasn't been raised is the date of sales.

Brazil game went on sale on week day (9am). Do the FAI assume all supporters work irregular hours?

Same with left over tickets for competitive games. In the past supporters have had to queue at Merrion Square early in the morning on a week day. What about us 9 to 5ers! :mad:

Saturday sales please!!!

piratemousey
16/02/2004, 2:49 PM
greg o brien, you epitomise whats wrong with soccer in Ireland.
a soccer fan you say, yet you have no time for our own teams.
its very unfortunate that you behave in such a manor.
go on, go to an eircom league match, give it a go, you know the shock of it, you might in fact enjoy it.
please, at least give youre own league a shot before trying to get ireland tickets.
you seem to be from the sky sports generation, break free, man think outside the box and for youreself.

greg o brien
17/02/2004, 9:46 AM
mousey, maybe you should actually read this complete thread before you attcak me, we addressed this already. i don't mind if you attack me but at least do me a favour and read the threads because theres no point in me going over old ground because someone didn't bother to actually read it properly. so first don't accuse me when you havent read the thread and second don't accuse me when you know absolutely nothing about me (the sky sport generation, what are you talking about?).

P.S. you epitomise everything that is wrong with idiots who post replys to threads, you don't bloody read the threads before you attack people. :mad:

pineapple stu
17/02/2004, 12:59 PM
How many tickets go on general sale for an average competitive game? How many tickets could be sold on general release for games like the Faeroes/Cyprus/Andorra, etc? Would it not make sense for the FAI to put this number of tickets on general release for every game, as they're guaranteed the sales and it would improve atmosphere (general release tickets generally go to people who make atmosphere - look at the 2001 Wimbledon final!).

This would take time to initiate because some of the block bookers would have to be taken off the list, but surely it would be worth the FAI looking at this? Problem not solved by a long way, but it would go some way to helping and sharing tickets around the whole country rather than the same few who are lucky enugh to be on the block-book system.

Peadar
17/02/2004, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
How many tickets go on general sale for an average competitive game?
Would it not make sense for the FAI to put this number of tickets on general release

The major problem I have with this is that it's likely Ticketmaster would be handling the ticket sales.
They're not to be trusted in my mind.
Ever try connecting to their website or getting through on the phone to them when there's a big event on? Then they tell you that 50,000 tickets sold out in 15 minutes?
That's physically impossible as far as I'm concerned.
They're a rip-off and this forum would soon be full of new complaints about failure to secure a ticket.

Beavis
17/02/2004, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Would it not make sense for the FAI to put this number of tickets on general release for every game,

Just means more tickets seem to fall into the hands of those who want to sell them on for a profit.Just look at Buy and Sell and eBay at the moment and you'll see loads of people looking for E150 a ticket,bought I'm sure only for the purpose of making a tidy sum.No doubt the touts will have a healthy supply of rip off tickets also.

pineapple stu
17/02/2004, 4:38 PM
Way to depress me, lads!:( :(

Footie_Fan
17/02/2004, 5:43 PM
surely there is a better way of distributing tickets rather than the block booking system. even if they released 10,000 to the general public (5000 to ticket master and 5000 on the day at the stadium to cut down touting).

first come first served everyone has a chance. but the way international football is dealt with the general public is never afforded any real oppurtunity.

You obviously haven't a clue. Do really think UEFA would allow the FAI to sell 5000 tickets at the stadium on the day? There would be riots!

Also the current system ensures that the true supporters are assured their tickets rather than a lottery system where thousands would join the pot for the big games.

Block bookers must take up their allocation for competitive games otherwise they are removed. I think it should be extended to friendly matches as well.

It was first come first served to become a block booker. And the FAI still allocates the tickets first come first served based on the time you return your application form.

tiktok
17/02/2004, 9:03 PM
Originally posted by Footie_Fan
You obviously haven't a clue. ......
It was first come first served to become a block booker.

I get the impression that Greg is a young guy, we all know it was first come first served to become a block booker, but what use is that to someone who was eight or nine when the scheme was introduced.

As it is now, there's nine hundred on the waiting list. Just because these people weren't in on the ground floor doesn't mean they were fair weather fans or anything like it, probabl;y just people who were kids back in the day who now have the funds to eventually join the scheme.

It's no crime to be too young to remember Eoin Hand and the dark old days, it'd do well for the more fortunate among us to remember this now and again.

Jon'o
17/02/2004, 9:26 PM
just suppose that a block booker didnt take up tickets for the 3 friendles.... will this effect their block booker status?

Beavis
17/02/2004, 9:45 PM
we all know it was first come first served to become a block booker, but what use is that to someone who was eight or nine when the scheme was introduced.

As it is now, there's nine hundred on the waiting list. Just because these people weren't in on the ground floor doesn't mean they were fair weather fans or anything like it, probabl;y just people who were kids back in the day who now have the funds to eventually join the scheme.

Here here!:)

Block bookers must take up their allocation for competitive games otherwise they are removed. I think it should be extended to friendly matches as well.

Think it would probably cause any irish abroad who are BBs(and they do seem to make up a large percentage of the scheme) to be rooted out eventually as it's hardly feesable for them to attend all games including friendlies.

As discussed before,I would like to see the introduction of some kind of loyalty scheme for away games.

Footie_Fan
17/02/2004, 10:31 PM
I
Just because these people weren't in on the ground floor doesn't mean they were fair weather fans or anything like it, probabl;y just people who were kids back in the day who now have the funds to eventually join the scheme.

I agree the FAI should work there way into that 900 on the list but they can't just shaft the current block bookers in favour of a random lottery scheme. A way to cut some of the list would be as I suggested to remove block bookers who don't take up their friendly ticket allocation.

petef
17/02/2004, 11:59 PM
Only reason I stated that was because previously someone said that they had more of a right to match tickets than the fan who doesnt support an Eircom side.

the 12 th man
18/02/2004, 6:54 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
Then they tell you that 50,000 tickets sold out in 15 minutes?
That's physically impossible as far as I'm concerned.

i have it from a very good source that it is indeed impossible to do such a thing.you sometimes hear even more outlandish claims like u2 sold out 100,000 in two minutes,thats complete rubbish.

just think how slow the web site is when something important is on.and when you get through on the phone it takes about 2 ore 3 minutes at least per person to do a transaction.

tiktok
18/02/2004, 7:56 AM
The tickets don't sell out in ten minutes, it is impossible, but the tickets would be gone from the ticketmaster system.

What happens is that every ticketmaster outlet can download tickets before the official sales time. The different outlets can estimate how many tickets they will sell, then can start downloading them from an hour beforehand.

That's why when U2 at Slane was announced as sold out at HMV on grafton street, the travel shop around the corner (the one that does show tickets for tourists) still had tickets at eleven that morning.

The morning those particular tickets went on sale (i think it was at seven) my sister was sitting in an outlet at six thirty watching the tickets being printed off and one of the staff wandering in wearing pj.s, collecting 17 tickets and then wandering away while the country was poised by their phones.

tetsujin1979
18/02/2004, 8:31 AM
Well my mates claims he saved his confirmation message from ticketmaster at 9:25, so I know they didn't sell out in 15 minutes!

greg o brien
18/02/2004, 9:53 AM
well i am in my early twenties and i used to get school boy tickets when i was a young(er) lad, but that obviously isnt avaiable to me now. i still go to as many of the friendlies as possible but i'm just trying to find a way to support the irish team on a more permenant basis.

the only reason i suggested selling tickets outside the stadium was because it seemed to work at the leinster final last summer (and Croke park was sold out), and ive seen it done at plenty of gaa matches. so it seem to me a fair enough way to distribute tickets. but anyway i already said that above.:)