PDA

View Full Version : 4:2 against Galway

A face
05/09/2009, 4:26 PM
I have to say i really enjoyed that game. We played some nice stuff at times and really zipped the ball around. Cant remember that last time we scored four goals in a game either.

sheao
06/09/2009, 8:21 AM
Ya we played really well Friday night.Best performance of the season imo.

Terry
06/09/2009, 11:34 AM
How did GUFC play? Did they roll over? or did they at least try playing some football?

micls
06/09/2009, 11:38 AM
How did GUFC play? Did they roll over? or did they at least try playing some football?

They came to play football, which is probably why we scored four. They never gave up and went for it right til the end.

I'd say your 2 full backs will be having nightmares about Davin and Billy running at them for weeks though.

Terry
06/09/2009, 11:42 AM
good to here, if your going to lose a match at least do it with your heads held up anyway. For to long GUFC would roll over and just send long ball after long ball up to some of the smallest forwards in the league. At least foster is doing something right at the club.

tiktok
06/09/2009, 3:56 PM
Your fullbacks were poor (or had an off night) but in fairness you played some lovely stuff yourselves at times and contributed to a good game, nearly pulled it back to 4-3 late on iirc

razor
07/09/2009, 12:14 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable evening, the best footballing performance by City this season by a country mile.
Some fantastic passing moves that sliced Galway open, there was a period just before we equalised when we completely dominated.
Fantastic to watch.
Hats off to Davin for an excellent 1st half and two goals and also to Gregory who had an excellent game at right back, his delivery was top drawer.
Galway came to play ball and at 3-2 they were in with a shout.

Great to be able to talk about the football for a change.