PDA

View Full Version : Vs Fingal today at 4

don ramo
05/09/2009, 12:59 PM
so anyone attending:ball::ball::ball:

don ramo
05/09/2009, 9:53 PM
lost 4-1, seasons more or less finnished now, either way time to start preparing for a push next season,

fingal were all over rams in the first half, but it finnished 0-0 as fingal just couldnt take there chances, rams came into it in the second half but fingal got 2 goals in 3 mins, rams hit back within 5 mins but soon after fingal got a 3rd to put the game to bed and hit in a 4th later, all in all a shocking day at the office

must say the people of cobh are by far the most fickle football fans on the planet:mad:

marty
06/09/2009, 12:39 PM
Your going to go over old ground again...

Simple- Change the Chairman
- Scrap the managers wages

Argue all you like but this is the only way forward for the club,Im not saying its right or wrong its just the way it is

NewChairman
08/09/2009, 12:55 PM
Marty,I agree with you on this matter,also in such poor time and wages being cut,new taxes on the family man we just cant be asking people to give a few hundred euro to support the club.
What we need is sponser ship from private business and the well to do,but we wont get that with the people who are i office now.
Sorry DR but asking people to give a few hundred is not in the works
but it might fly for single people like you.I would prefere to spend that money on my family,they come first,What we need is a total overhaul of ramblers and start fresh,We cant move on till then

6yardpunisha
08/09/2009, 1:39 PM
have to agree with last two posters, CRFC is dead on its feet,sums it when wanderers are getting bigger crowds. Don, dont know how you can continue to defend the indefensible, its not just the chairman its the entire committee that has to take the blame for this mess and also the ex members and i include myself in this have to take some measure of responsibility for what happened to the club,too many people up there were there for the spectacle that we called egms/agms. There was no code of conduct at these meetings so anything went and this allowed the current regime to continue doing what they wanted as the real issues got lost in the chaos. So to conclude everyone should take responsibilty for this crazy situation

chimpster
08/09/2009, 1:43 PM
Sorry DR, looks like you're in the minority on this one. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just that most people think differently. And isn't that what debate is all about!

Important Point: Lets not forget that because Ramblers isn't a limited company, the trustees and members of the club are ultimately liabile for the debt. So, if a court order is issued against the club for debt recovery, its the unfortunate loyal members (and the chairman's cosies) that will be legally required to cough up.

I cannot understand for a second how any paid up member of the club can stay loyal to this chairman.

don ramo
08/09/2009, 2:59 PM
CRFC is dead on its feet,

no its not, the club is still there its just you chose to ignore it,

please enlighten me on how my defence of the club, (the club you USED to follow), is a way of defending BW, on no occassion have i mentioned his name or made any reference to the boards either,

if you think 980 people are staying away cause of BW then your more delusional than you all think i am,

and im hardly in the minority, there 3-5 "USERS" complaining (i dont come here useing second names, regestering 4-5 accounts), theres 30 members, im no math wiz, but how does that put you the majority:confused::confused::confused:

also i like the way you all come on a match thread, to again bitch about problems, and mr newchairman what are your grand plans to "save" "your" club, and how long do you plan on hiding behind the pixels.

6yardpunisha
08/09/2009, 3:35 PM
no its not, the club is still there its just you chose to ignore it,

please enlighten me on how my defence of the club, (the club you USED to follow), is a way of defending BW, on no occassion have i mentioned his name or made any reference to the boards either,

if you think 980 people are staying away cause of BW then your more delusional than you all think i am,

and im hardly in the minority, there 3-5 "USERS" complaining (i dont come here useing second names, regestering 4-5 accounts), theres 30 members, im no math wiz, but how does that put you the majority:confused::confused::confused:

also i like the way you all come on a match thread, to again bitch about problems, and mr newchairman what are your grand plans to "save" "your" club, and how long do you plan on hiding behind the pixels.

You actually invited people on to have a go with your statement about cobh people being fickle Don.980 are not all staying away because of BW personally,they are staying away because of the situation the club is in due to the actions of BW and committee and also due to the behaviour of the members as i said before

NewChairman
08/09/2009, 3:43 PM
Well Don Ramo,,,i can go way back when we had no club and an old corrugated dressing room,when ramblers was up and coming,when a sunday afternoon was a time to watch a great game with a great crowd,EG watching john sullivan as goal keeper,alfie devine,frank o neill,wilshaw,mead,etc etc.i have to say ramo you mean well but you defend BW and company no matter what is said here.
Its time for change,time to field a team and a time to get our finances straight, Its time to take back ramblers and put our good name on top again,stop the petty bull s*** and lets move on and be part of the rescue,at this present time we are dead in the water.

don ramo
08/09/2009, 5:00 PM
Well Don Ramo,,,i can go way back when we had no club and an old corrugated dressing room,when ramblers was up and coming,when a sunday afternoon was a time to watch a great game with a great crowd,EG watching john sullivan as goal keeper,alfie devine,frank o neill,wilshaw,mead,etc etc.i have to say ramo you mean well but you defend BW and company no matter what is said here.
Its time for change,time to field a team and a time to get our finances straight, Its time to take back ramblers and put our good name on top again,stop the petty bull s*** and lets move on and be part of the rescue,at this present time we are dead in the water.

before we had a team, that was 87 years ago, before we were a club,

again please spell out how i defend BW, explain,

we are fielding a team, a team of locals to be percise,

how are our finances croked, theres little or no money being spent, the only money that could be spared is what the manger is being paid, and i have said that i disagree with him being paid, so tell me where else is the money being spent, travel, kit, electricity, water, all essentials, the club is running level its not makeing or looseing money, if you know otherwise please let me know,

you are talking through your rear i asked for your plan, and you just spewed the most common answear in history, "we need to chage what were doin", yeah so what do you plan on doing, PLAN, not think

don ramo
08/09/2009, 5:19 PM
You actually invited people on to have a go with your statement about cobh people being fickle Don.980 are not all staying away because of BW personally,they are staying away because of the situation the club is in due to the actions of BW and committee and also due to the behaviour of the members as i said before

behaviour of the members, what do the members have to do with it, or even the board, everyone on the board and commitee were installed with no contest, people had to be co-opted on, due to the lack of people, there were enough people to fill 2 boards and commitees, but people walked away, and in the end it came to co-opts, i honestly would like to know what you think of that, i personally think its a disgrace that people who backed out are still respected, they can come in next year when the club is already stabalising itself and say they done it,

we already had the BBQ and have a concert coming up, never mind the few other ideas in the pipeline, so what more do you want, with these events CRFC will be here next year and you can run for chairman,

what are the bets noone will

6yardpunisha
08/09/2009, 6:47 PM
behaviour of the members, what do the members have to do with it, or even the board, everyone on the board and commitee were installed with no contest, people had to be co-opted on, due to the lack of people, there were enough people to fill 2 boards and commitees, but people walked away, and in the end it came to co-opts, i honestly would like to know what you think of that, i personally think its a disgrace that people who backed out are still respected, they can come in next year when the club is already stabalising itself and say they done it,

we already had the BBQ and have a concert coming up, never mind the few other ideas in the pipeline, so what more do you want, with these events CRFC will be here next year and you can run for chairman,

what are the bets noone will

Don,do you not understand my point or what,there were a lot of decent people up in the club but all walked away as there was no way of changing the club for the better as there are too many agendas,issues,family fueds going on within the club and that is the reason the current regime were abl to stay in place,can i spell it out to you,THE PLACE IS LOONEY TUNES

marty
08/09/2009, 6:56 PM
Well its nice to see the majority of people here are aiming in the same direction for once,we all agree a change is needed and I do think people will run for the positions in the new year so maybe we could start a thread on possible ways of moving the club forward.I know Shamrock Rovers and Longford are two clubs who rely on members for particular funding-the latter I believe have a system where a group is seperatly clearing the clubs debt.We can all come up with ideas such as golf classics,concerts etc but I think we will need a bit more to get us out of this??

NewChairman
08/09/2009, 11:57 PM
I agree with the last two postings,,also DR i do not disrespect your views but what i have noticed on this thread and others that you posted is this.If someone disagrees with any part of your comments you revert to downgrading that person as if to say you are above them all,It seems you cannot take critism of any kind and im not here to put you down you do good but your too touchy,.
Learn to accept others and their ideas not just your.Its a Shame you behave in such a way when responding to others,.All we are saying is those running ramblers need to go and start fresh and then we will get the support we truly deserve.Everyone here agrees we need change and no one is here to offend DR,including myself but all i ask is respect others in their postings without being a wise a**

don ramo
09/09/2009, 2:13 PM

you are talking through your rear i asked for your plan, and you just spewed the most common answear in history, "we need to chage what were doin", yeah so what do you plan on doing, PLAN, not think

again i asked for a plan, dont spew garbage, you claim to be running for chairman, im simply asking what you can do differenly to the current regeim, you gave an answear that is very BWesq,

i am downgarding them, on this basis those that do support the club are better, (not better humans or football players, just better supporters) cause the simple fact is those now currently supporting the club are the ones keeping it runnin, without the current support we would be loosing money, and the club would now be shut,

does anyone actually agree that if the club wasnt supported at this point it would still be runnin, ye (and im on about the 4-5 users here, you know who ye are) said the taxman was coming 9 months ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, and last month, yet the club is still here despite your boycott

marty
09/09/2009, 4:02 PM
If the current regime were to leave I believe people will come on board,this New Chairman cant do much differently to whats been done now but I do know more people will offer support and show more of an interest.Enen if we all back off and stop slating the current crop its still clear change is needed they cannot take this club anu further

don ramo
09/09/2009, 4:19 PM
If the current regime were to leave I believe people will come on board,this New Chairman cant do much differently to whats been done now but I do know more people will offer support and show more of an interest.Enen if we all back off and stop slating the current crop its still clear change is needed they cannot take this club anu further

i believe people will come back marty, when we have or tax debth cleared and have returned to the first divison, and are doing well, and not a minute before,

the vast majority are staying away due to the fact were in the A league, and where only in the A league now cause the A league exists, we would have been here years ago, when we had the last tax debth, but the rules were different back then, there was no A league and the FAI werent in charge of the league, the clubs were, and there were no other teams wanting to enter the league, we finnished bottom before and should have been relegated, but as there was no team to come in we stayed in the league, as did all subsequent club befor and after us,

were victims of progress, the current events have happended before, its just now the rules have changed, and we need to be much stronger to cope with our curcumstances,

look back through the last 4 chairmans, even further, everyone of them had there enimies, as will the next, weve been a club fighting itself for far to long, ill follow this club through thick and thin, i will follow it now and will follow it till the day i die, or the doors close, i dont give a **** whose in power, its a non issue in my head, i follow Cobh Ramblers Football Club, not boards and commitees,

jfarlo
09/09/2009, 5:13 PM
Not taking anyones side don but i think the club is still on a down ward spiral. The main problem with ramblers being that it is no longer part of the community. In years gone by ramblers was a focal point in the town. Parties birthdays christenings etc. But now the club has become a circle of close nit people. It is no longer the peoples club. Any one who is on the outside does not know where the club stands. The people of cobh have not been kept informed for one reason or another of what is going on. COBH ramblers is not a part of cobh.
A season ticket is no longer feasable and for those who have season tickets they do not know much more.Taking that a seaon ticket at fulham can be got for 285 ramblers price is extra ordinary. The price of going to a match is also too much considering the standard of football.
With or without the chairman cobh ramblers needs to seriously look at how it apeals to its target audience. If cobh ramblers was a company it would be failing miserably. Firstly by getting people back in to the club. Incentives for parties, free djs, food. use the pitch for 5 aside tournaments charging teams per game

6yardpunisha
09/09/2009, 5:40 PM
i believe people will come back marty, when we have or tax debth cleared and have returned to the first divison, and are doing well, and not a minute before,

the vast majority are staying away due to the fact were in the A league, and where only in the A league now cause the A league exists, we would have been here years ago, when we had the last tax debth, but the rules were different back then, there was no A league and the FAI werent in charge of the league, the clubs were, and there were no other teams wanting to enter the league, we finnished bottom before and should have been relegated, but as there was no team to come in we stayed in the league, as did all subsequent club befor and after us,

were victims of progress, the current events have happended before, its just now the rules have changed, and we need to be much stronger to cope with our curcumstances,

look back through the last 4 chairmans, even further, everyone of them had there enimies, as will the next, weve been a club fighting itself for far to long, ill follow this club through thick and thin, i will follow it now and will follow it till the day i die, or the doors close, i dont give a **** whose in power, its a non issue in my head, i follow Cobh Ramblers Football Club, not boards and commitees,

theres no H in debt DR:D

don ramo
09/09/2009, 5:42 PM
Not taking anyones side don but i think the club is still on a down ward spiral. The main problem with ramblers being that it is no longer part of the community. In years gone by ramblers was a focal point in the town. Parties birthdays christenings etc. But now the club has become a circle of close nit people. It is no longer the peoples club. Any one who is on the outside does not know where the club stands. The people of cobh have not been kept informed for one reason or another of what is going on. COBH ramblers is not a part of cobh.
A season ticket is no longer feasable and for those who have season tickets they do not know much more.Taking that a seaon ticket at fulham can be got for 285 ramblers price is extra ordinary. The price of going to a match is also too much considering the standard of football.
With or without the chairman cobh ramblers needs to seriously look at how it apeals to its target audience. If cobh ramblers was a company it would be failing miserably. Firstly by getting people back in to the club. Incentives for parties, free djs, food. use the pitch for 5 aside tournaments charging teams per game

all those are great ideas, but we need to get out of the hole first, the club is reliant on people carrying it thourgh the thick times, there are still paties on a regular basis in the clubhouse, there was a singer there last week in the bar, and from what i was told it was a greta night, bella was there, so he can say so, 5 aside tournaments are out of the question (Maybe one and that would be it), the pitch just simply wouldnt take it, that pitch has been there years and is in serious need of replaceing, take a walk on it someday when your passing,

NewChairman
10/09/2009, 10:43 AM
again i asked for a plan, dont spew garbage, you claim to be running for chairman, im simply asking what you can do differenly to the current regeim, you gave an answear that is very BWesq,

i am downgarding them, on this basis those that do support the club are better, (not better humans or football players, just better supporters) cause the simple fact is those now currently supporting the club are the ones keeping it runnin, without the current support we would be loosing money, and the club would now be shut,

does anyone actually agree that if the club wasnt supported at this point it would still be runnin, ye (and im on about the 4-5 users here, you know who ye are) said the taxman was coming 9 months ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, and last month, yet the club is still here despite your boycott
first thing i will do thats different is not ignore members and misuse funds tell me this does not or has not gone on and i would bring back John Mead

luka
10/09/2009, 11:31 AM
Great discussion about the Fingal game here. Never changes does it

6yardpunisha
10/09/2009, 1:30 PM
first thing i will do thats different is not ignore members and misuse funds tell me this does not or has not gone on and i would bring back John Mead

yea,were kinda poor in the left full dept at the moment:D

6yardpunisha
10/09/2009, 1:52 PM
have to agree with bella on this one

NewChairman
11/09/2009, 7:05 AM
I totally agree with you on a total overhall and thats what has to be done but i have the greatest respect for john and feel in my heart he got a raw deal,but on the other hand he attracted people and was in my opion very open with members and took the time to talk to them not like the bunch we have now. I also agree that we need people who have no connection to the people running it now,and we also need sponsership and a good PRO,The image of ramblers must and will be brought up to par and we must move on from there,Ramblers has taken a beaten and has a terrible image now due to the way its being run.I say its time to move on but also we must learn from the past and never go there again.The comments here show me and others how disgusted we are at this present time with the committee thats in office,our day is coming and we will prevail and have a team to be proud of,i have the utmost respect for our young team right now but better times are ahead,

marty
11/09/2009, 2:14 PM
And You Are????

luka
11/09/2009, 8:49 PM
Hope any new runners are members because as far as I know if you ain't a member then you can't run. Just my two cents before anyone gets carried away any further.

A lot of hot air been bandied about here lads in a thread that was supposed to be about the Fingal game, but shur.............

Inside Out
11/09/2009, 10:53 PM
What I can,t understand here is that the majority of people on here feel that this club is run wrong and the present chaiman should go.
( In my opinion a long time ago )

This should be the starting block that everyone starts with and agrees with.Why can,t someone set up a meeting outside of the club with various groups that are within the club itself and try sort something out, but have a common outlook and that is to get rid of the chairman and save our club.How many times have you meet someone down town or out for a drink and all you say is " It,s a digrace what is happening in ramblers. "
Don,t come back and say this is what EGM,s and AGM,s are for because there is never anything sorted at these because all we hear is lies and promises.All i,m asking is before the next AGM that this can be done and move from here.Luka is probaly wright in talking about mebers etc but surely if some of these members were to attend things could be sorted before it,s to late.
Just a thought.

6yardpunisha
12/09/2009, 9:36 AM
What I can,t understand here is that the majority of people on here feel that this club is run wrong and the present chaiman should go.
( In my opinion a long time ago )

This should be the starting block that everyone starts with and agrees with.Why can,t someone set up a meeting outside of the club with various groups that are within the club itself and try sort something out, but have a common outlook and that is to get rid of the chairman and save our club.How many times have you meet someone down town or out for a drink and all you say is " It,s a digrace what is happening in ramblers. "
Don,t come back and say this is what EGM,s and AGM,s are for because there is never anything sorted at these because all we hear is lies and promises.All i,m asking is before the next AGM that this can be done and move from here.Luka is probaly wright in talking about mebers etc but surely if some of these members were to attend things could be sorted before it,s to late.
Just a thought.

just to add to that,its the entire committee that should go not just the chairman

6yardpunisha
12/09/2009, 9:38 AM
Great discussion about the Fingal game here. Never changes does it

we stopped discussing fingal game a long way back LUKA,get over yourself FFS

don ramo
12/09/2009, 12:14 PM
question is though, of the 10 users and 3 people here, how many are actually memebers????????????????????????????????

i know me, luka and bella are, what about the rest of ye, if you dont have a vote then your opinion wont matter at the end of the day,

NewChairman
12/09/2009, 10:33 PM
So true DR,,,,Well we will just have to wait it out and then elect a strong,honest,and open up to all members,we deserve to know what is going on be it good or bad,
PS,I have been a member from the day the club opened and will continue to be a member no matter what.

Inside Out
14/09/2009, 8:28 AM
question is though, of the 10 users and 3 people here, how many are actually memebers????????????????????????????????

i know me, luka and bella are, what about the rest of ye, if you dont have a vote then your opinion wont matter at the end of the day,

And you sure are doing a fine job :confused:

jfarlo
14/09/2009, 5:58 PM

And this is a major problem if you ask me don. Ramblers has a potential fan base of 1000 people(minimum). These are the people the club needs, and yet these people have no say what so ever in what happens in the club. The membership issue should be challenged. Again this club is supposed to belong to the people. Would love to know how many of these MEMBERS actually attend the games.(not intended at anyone here)

Inside Out
14/09/2009, 9:45 PM
Considering there was about 11 adults at the last game youd like to think all of them haha.

But can see your point again. I reckon the price of a season ticket was not value for moeny this year. lets face it the a league is a joke. No match now again till october, christ almighty, you have more joy and excitement following wanderers or springers at least there on every week. Must be tough on the players too btw

And does the manager still get paid every week ???????????

Inside Out
14/09/2009, 9:59 PM
and why you asking me, im the 1 on this bitching about that every week, thats a joke that alright. Ridiculous

Sorry about that, that was meant as a general question , not aimed towards you.

don ramo
15/09/2009, 5:24 PM
nobody agrees with DH being paid, its money that could be put to better use, much better use,

And this is a major problem if you ask me don. Ramblers has a potential fan base of 1000 people(minimum). These are the people the club needs, and yet these people have no say what so ever in what happens in the club. The membership issue should be challenged. Again this club is supposed to belong to the people. Would love to know how many of these MEMBERS actually attend the games.(not intended at anyone here)

id like to think all of them do, but they dont,

some ive never seen at games but are very vocal at meetings, never really understood it,:confused:

but at the same time some people become members just casue they like drinking in the rams, and they want the clubhouse to stay open so support the club by buying a season ticket,

would be great for all members to attend as many games as they can, they can help the rest of us roar the lads on, but its purely there choice, there still supporting rams in there own way, so thats all we can ask from anyone