PDA

View Full Version : Worst referee?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BohsPartisan
05/09/2009, 3:09 AM
After tonight, has to be Buttimer. Deegan's sending off was a joke. Yellow possibly but still would have been harsh. Murphy's sending off, definite foul alright but the position he was in most refs would have given a yellow. Then our goal was well offside and Crowe handled it. (that bit for balance in case anyone thinks I'm just having a moan). He's given 13 red cards this season, on average ten more than every other ref! Why has he not been disiplined?

Candystripe
05/09/2009, 3:27 AM
So, is this a Derry fan posting.............. pretending he is a fan from another club?

TBF In any other league he would be struck off a long time ago.

So it obviously isn't just Buttimer be biast.........it is just he is totally ****e..

mypost
05/09/2009, 5:33 AM
Alan Kelly.

I don't have to explain.

brianw82
05/09/2009, 5:53 AM
13 red cards is ridiculous alright.

Hibs4Ever
05/09/2009, 7:04 AM
Buttimer is without doubt, and by FAR, the worst ref I've ever seen. A complete and utter joke. Alan Kelly ain't far behind him

MeathDrog
05/09/2009, 7:23 AM
Has to be Buttimer. Pity that he faces stiff opposition.

De Town
05/09/2009, 8:07 AM
While Buttimer is brutal, I think its a bit harsh to single one out as they're all as ****e as each other.

SMorgan
05/09/2009, 8:10 AM
So, is this a Derry fan posting.............. pretending he is a fan from another club?

TBF In any other league he would be struck off a long time ago.

So it obviously isn't just Buttimer be biast.........it is just he is totally ****e..

In my opinion Hancock is the worst by a country mile. He appears to think we go to matches to watch him. However, I know this is a view that's unlikely to be shared by Bigs fans.

CSFShels
05/09/2009, 8:12 AM
Callinan.

Flexy
05/09/2009, 8:44 AM
After tonight, has to be Buttimer. Deegan's sending off was a joke. Yellow possibly but still would have been harsh. Murphy's sending off, definite foul alright but the position he was in most refs would have given a yellow. Then our goal was well offside and Crowe handled it. (that bit for balance in case anyone thinks I'm just having a moan). He's given 13 red cards this season, on average ten more than every other ref! Why has he not been disiplined?
Here here he is an utter joke 13 red cards in one season unbelievable, he must seek attention, was it not buttimer a couple of yrs back that was at the centre of kit scandal when he was saying there was a class of colours between the two teams. He should be struck off, a good ref is someone who isnt noticed during the game

JC_GUFC
05/09/2009, 9:53 AM
After tonight, has to be Buttimer. Deegan's sending off was a joke. Yellow possibly but still would have been harsh.

I wasn't there but from the reports I read he received a second yellow for dissent. If the referee, rightly or wrongly, is booking you I think it's pretty obvious for a highly paid footballer chasing a league title not to start f-ing and blinding at him.
If I were a Bohs fan I'd be going crazy at Deegan. And that's 3 sendings off in about 25 games for him - that's not good enough.

fionnsci
05/09/2009, 10:25 AM
The refs in the premiership are undeniably better than ours but look at the abuse they get every week from managers, players and the media yet they're not doing a harder job. Even if our refs were the best in the world we'd still have this thread complaining about them.

Buttimer :cool:

BohsPartisan
05/09/2009, 11:09 AM
I wasn't there but from the reports I read he received a second yellow for dissent.

It was a straight red.No yellow was shown. It happened right in front of me.

HulaHoop
05/09/2009, 11:21 AM
Without doubt Buttimer is the worst with Hancock close second. Truly terrible referees.

dcfc_dee
05/09/2009, 12:01 PM
, a good ref is someone who isnt noticed during the game

Agree with that but if the ref has a decision to make they have to make it we all have been on the tail end of that wee scrot butthead but what can we do the FAI referee department cant seem to fault the incompetant rat so it a no win situation with him. Best ref in the LOI imho is the lad Doyle

CarrickFan
05/09/2009, 12:16 PM
All of them.

gael353
05/09/2009, 12:26 PM
Lads in the prem ye get the best of the bad refs in the first we get the shocking ones and in Limerick we get the trialist refs from some hot beds of football like Offaly! Im serious most of our games in Limerick this season have been done by first timers, taking instructions from the forth offical.

When we go to dublin we usually have Paul Cashachera reffing....played 15 won 0 drew 0 lost 15 so you can guess my opinions on him. Neill Doyle should been exterminated years ago.....see four years ago he was trailist in limerick too :rolleyes:

KildareFan
05/09/2009, 12:30 PM
Sean Grant from Wexford refereed the Kildare and Athlone game last night and along with his two assistants (Hilda McDermott was one, I don't know the other) gave the worst display of officiating I have ever seen at any level. Our first goal came from a move when the ball was clearly 2 yards out of play on Hilda's side but she seemed asleep for the whole game. The other assistant's best moments included pointing Kildare's way for a throw when there wasn't anybody within ten yards of the Kildare player who kicked it out, he eventually realised his mistake there but later in the game, he flagged an offside for an athlone striker despite the ball clearly being headed back by one of our players.

The referee showed 7 yellows to kildare players, 1 to Athlone. Initially it seemed that he sent our left full off because of a mistaken identity but apparently he said after the game that he was showing him a second yellow card for calling one of the athlone players a "f*****g dope". Hardly the worst of crimes and surely we'd be down to 3 a side football if that was enforced in every single.

These ref's are totally unaccountable, last week after the finn harps game, the ref was kept in with the assesor for over an hour after the game, I would imagine Grant and his "assistants" got the same treatment last night.

Derry
05/09/2009, 12:36 PM
I have to say i've enjoyed reading the Bohs forum this morning. Not so long ago when he shafted Derry City in the final they all thought he was a great ref. Now i come on here and see a Bohs supporter complaining about him. My my.

SalvadorSanchez
05/09/2009, 12:37 PM
Buttimer is a joke, picky, officious and whistle happy one minute then trys to let the game go after blatant fouls... he sent Shane Guthrie off for us last week for an incident he couldn't have seen... no consultation with the linesman nothing... complete idiocy...
Mark Gough is pretty bad too.... usually gives us nothing and then last seaon in a game against Bray he crucified Bray for nothing gave us 5-6 freekicks for nothing... in general the reffing is hopeless....
sounds like Deegan was harshly dealt with last night...

the-blue-harp
05/09/2009, 12:41 PM
never mind the refs, the linesmen in this league are worse.

after a harps game one time i said to buttimer "hey ref" in a nice way, he turned around then i said in a disspointed father kind of way "your a ****ing disgrace" his wee face dropped and he walked on up the steps to the clubhouse.
After I said it i felt bad about it to be honest. But when you have to watch how bad the refereeing is it can bring out the worst in you.

peadar1987
05/09/2009, 12:42 PM
It was a straight red.No yellow was shown. It happened right in front of me.

Are you sure? I was down in Block A, but I'm 95% sure I saw a yellow card in the ref's hand.

I didn't see the initial challenge too clearly (I was watching the ball go out of play!), but it was very, very late. Probably deserving of the yellow

I think Murphy's red was a decision which could have gone either way. If Flood had gone past, he would have had an open goal, albeit from a very tight angle. It was right in front of me, and my initial reaction was that he was going to walk for it.

That said, I think your first penalty appeal when it was still 1-0 was quite strong, and I thought we might have been in trouble for a second.

Rovers1
05/09/2009, 12:46 PM
We seem to win games with Buttimer...:D

Richie Winter and Ian Stokes are the 2 worst IMO. But in the LoI there is no such thing as a 'good referee'.

forza rovers
05/09/2009, 12:50 PM
there all muck we should bring refs and linos in they will do a better job than the excuses we have for refs and linos at the moment.

Ezeikial
05/09/2009, 12:53 PM
After tonight, has to be Buttimer. ...........

Is it only now that you have noticed how bad he is?

Nothing focuses the mind like some iffy decisions against your own team!!!

sligoman
05/09/2009, 1:27 PM
I don't think there's been any game I've been to where the ref/linesmen haven't done something stupid.

Richie Winter & Neil Doyle are some of the worst.

sligofan4ever
05/09/2009, 1:32 PM
I don't think there's been any game I've been to where the ref/linesmen haven't done something stupid.

Richie Winter & Neil Doyle are some of the worst.

And we won't see it get any better considering in a few years thes elads will be monitering future referee's performances :(. Why can't w ehave refs like the one we had against Vllaznia at home ? compare him and and LoI ref together and they are worlds apart in terms of quality and standard.

Nesta99
05/09/2009, 3:04 PM
Best ref ive seen in this country is actually Croatian(open to correction) He used to be a ref in his own country but upon moving to Ireland and applying to ref here the powers that be wouldnt allow him.....he does do the odd friendly/ladies/local matches etc but he would seriously have put the cat among the pigeons

Blue Bear
05/09/2009, 3:07 PM
That piece of **** we had from Cork last night, without doubt the worst I've ever seen. Seven yellows, all to the one team, and a shocker of a peno decision. Even Keely was on the side saying it was a disgrace!!

gael353
05/09/2009, 4:38 PM
That piece of **** we had from Cork last night, without doubt the worst I've ever seen. Seven yellows, all to the one team, and a shocker of a peno decision. Even Keely was on the side saying it was a disgrace!!

hmmmm a first division ref from cork who gives dodgy penos?? without seeing any reports that sounds like Mr Kelly (Brother of Alan)
and the way they do it is mr kelly for travelling all that way to monaghan here, take the top of the table clash. we had a linesman in longford last time up who ran along the sideline kicking the ball and never put up his flag to say it was out of play. For travelling all that way from Kerry to play keep me ups, Stuart Templeman was given the game between Limerick and mervue last night. in the 84th min a clash of heads in the limerick box resulted in.....a peno :confused: much to everyones surprise

Magicme
05/09/2009, 4:59 PM
No it was Callahen(Sp?) last night.

dfx-
05/09/2009, 5:04 PM
Connolly
Hancock

Buttimer doesn't register comparatively. that + he's on the take from Rovers obviously.. :rolleyes:

prince20
05/09/2009, 5:14 PM
I have to be fair and say i believe that of the refs in the first division Callinan is the best of them.

Magicme
05/09/2009, 5:22 PM
I didnt see much of the game last night so I personally cant make a comment.

Mr Maroon
05/09/2009, 5:29 PM
Buttimer. Worst of a bad lot.

Blue Bear
05/09/2009, 5:35 PM
I have to be fair and say i believe that of the refs in the first division Callinan is the best of them.

Nope, he was atrocious last night.

PartySaint
05/09/2009, 5:41 PM
The standards of Refs is so bad in the league i honestly believe it will or already has drove people away from supporting it, sometimes i think why do i bother coming to thses matches everyweek when these idiots are clearly ruining the game

superfrank
05/09/2009, 5:48 PM
Are you sure? I was down in Block A, but I'm 95% sure I saw a yellow card in the ref's hand.
Somehow, the ref managed to show both cards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61967362&postcount=17

prince20
05/09/2009, 5:56 PM
Somehow, the ref managed to show both cards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61967362&postcount=17

What that looks like to me is actually a yellow post it note on the back of a red card:confused:

peadar1987
05/09/2009, 6:33 PM
What that looks like to me is actually a yellow post it note on the back of a red card:confused:

I think I've seen something like that before, it's like a wee notebook on the back of the card, for writing down names, as opposed to having a separate notebook. That could explain what I saw.

Although, the Times today said there was a yellow, then a red for dissent. They probably have access to a ref interview of some sort.

galwayjames
05/09/2009, 11:15 PM
Anthony Buttimer. Had a nightmare in the cup final and I've never rated him since.

GalwayRed
05/09/2009, 11:20 PM
I would have to say Kieran Callanans the worst from all the refs ive seen this season.

Candystripe
06/09/2009, 4:20 AM
I actually think Alan Kelly is one of the best ref's we've had in the L.O.I. in years......................Awaiting abuse from all quarters!!!!

BohsPartisan
06/09/2009, 2:01 PM
I actually think Alan Kelly is one of the best ref's we've had in the L.O.I. in years......................Awaiting abuse from all quarters!!!!

A year ago I wouldn't have agreed with that but right now he really is the best of a bad lot.

clondalkinsaint
06/09/2009, 2:09 PM
Has to be buttimer or gough...
shocking altogether :o:confused:

gael353
06/09/2009, 3:28 PM

have to agree with the mons, that fat tub of lard is ****

so as this thread goes its going Buttimer, Kelly (either) and Callanan....all cork if you notice and whos head of the refs...Kelly snr from cork so shag all gonna be done about um

Magicme
06/09/2009, 3:36 PM
I didnt comment on his ability at all. I just stated he was the ref for our game. Its been mostly shels fans that have given out about him in the past.

gael353
06/09/2009, 3:37 PM
I didnt comment on his ability at all. I just stated he was the ref for our game. Its been mostly shels fans that have given out about him in the past.

its ok magicme we know you cant voice your opionion anymore. other mons fans did so ill use them for independent opinions

Magicme
06/09/2009, 3:40 PM
Cheers. Think only one other mons fan commented and think he deleted his though so thats why just thought I should clarify.

Edit: Checked back and he hasnt deleted it so apologies Gael!

gael353
06/09/2009, 3:41 PM
Cheers. Think only one other mons fan commented and think he deleted his though so thats why just thought I should clarify.

why did he delete his comment? any idea>>