PDA

View Full Version : Where do we get them?

avvenalaf
05/09/2009, 12:34 AM
Who the hell was responsible for signing that Yeti we had playing centre back tonight beside Gavin Peers?. Did anyone see him play, even on video, before he was signed. There was a guy who played corner forward for Easkey GAH years ago who was as broad as he was wide and I swear he was more of a footballer that this yoke. He is capable of relegating us all on his own. Get rid of him pronto and if he is lonesome when leaving tell him to bring Kendrick with him.

Shedzer
05/09/2009, 12:37 AM
Who the hell was responsible for signing that Yeti we had playing centre back tonight beside Gavin Peers?. Did anyone see him play, even on video, before he was signed. There was a guy who played corner forward for Easkey GAH years ago who was as broad as he was wide and I swear he was more of a footballer that this yoke. He is capable of relegating us all on his own. Get rid of him pronto and if he is lonesome when leaving tell him to bring Kendrick with him.

Very harsh on kendrick... Has been solid for rovers since joining...!

avvenalaf
05/09/2009, 12:52 AM
Very harsh on kendrick... Has been solid for rovers since joining...!

Were you in Drogheda tonight?

dong
05/09/2009, 1:24 AM

Wasn't there tonight but from what I have seen from him he is poor. He was bad enough that Cook saw fit to take him off after 50 odd minutes against Bray so how is he good enough now?
Kendrick might have had a stinker but his displays have been solid. What about the game he had against Bohs?
I'd say this much for him, he actually looks like a footballer. Couldn't say that for Camano.

CF1989
05/09/2009, 1:27 AM
made a stupid tackle for the penalty. no need to slide in.

won nearly every header then after that until he was taken off, certainly improved after he made the mistake. still very dodgy though. must have no confiidence what so ever. hasnt completed a game

Shedzer
05/09/2009, 1:49 AM
Were you in Drogheda tonight?
A few bad games (2-3) out of 7-8 doesnt make a proven player at this level a bad player all of a sudden. Kendrick was one of the household names and best players Drogs had, when they were winning the league and had a proper good team together.
To answer the closed ended question (which is basically an 'im right and your wrong because you didnt see it' type bullsh*t), i wasnt in Drogheda tonight

But iv seen enough of Kendrick to know he has alot to offer. Firstly, he is better than who he replaced in Holmes, so theres your starting point.

Its pretty clear than Kendrick has lost pace however, which means he doesnt get forward as much and has to give himself that yard extra. He still reads the game reasonably well and uses the ball well when on it. Remember not every fullback we have is Seamus Coleman or Chris Butler. Kendrick defends well and is in general solid, there are obviously some negatives with him as with most players but to go and make a comment which insinuates that Kendrick should be kicked out the door basically is ignorant,

Did you see his performance v Bohs on Tuesday, i presume so, if you did you cannot tell em that he was anything other than solid.

So you that made the journey, what was so bad about Kendrik?

MarkyH
05/09/2009, 8:51 AM
Camano is a liability. The pen he gave away last night was crazy, the drogs player was going away from goal. His confidence is shattered now at this stage. He is hauled off after 50/60 mins each game. In the LC game against bohs he was organising the defence, talking to all the players. That is gone now. He isn't aggressive enough in attacking the ball, his heading is poor and his distribution worse. On paper he probably looked like a good signing - spanish, 6' 4", real madrid youth etc. But he is not up to it and for our sake I hope Cook doesn't have to use hime too much in the last series of games.

I thought kendrick was poor tonight. His man got by him too easy especially in the 2nd half, when he was playing right in front of our terrace. I would say he is a good player but seemed to be going though the motions, no desire to get to the ball.

avvenalaf
05/09/2009, 9:41 AM
A few bad games (2-3) out of 7-8 doesnt make a proven player at this level a bad player all of a sudden. Kendrick was one of the household names and best players Drogs had, when they were winning the league and had a proper good team together.
To answer the closed ended question (which is basically an 'im right and your wrong because you didnt see it' type bullsh*t), i wasnt in Drogheda tonight

But iv seen enough of Kendrick to know he has alot to offer. Firstly, he is better than who he replaced in Holmes, so theres your starting point.

Its pretty clear than Kendrick has lost pace however, which means he doesnt get forward as much and has to give himself that yard extra. He still reads the game reasonably well and uses the ball well when on it. Remember not every fullback we have is Seamus Coleman or Chris Butler. Kendrick defends well and is in general solid, there are obviously some negatives with him as with most players but to go and make a comment which insinuates that Kendrick should be kicked out the door basically is ignorant,

Did you see his performance v Bohs on Tuesday, i presume so, if you did you cannot tell em that he was anything other than solid.

So you that made the journey, what was so bad about Kendrik?

Well, that answers the question as to whether you were in Drogheda or not. I don't want him kicked out the door - just Camano to bring him with him.

sligofan4ever
05/09/2009, 9:50 AM
I think your being harsh on Kendrick. He's done well in many games, theres only been a few where hes been poor from what i've seen Galway United away,Derry home and last night are the only games anyone has tought he was poor. Kendrick is still better than Shaun Holmes anyways and I know he'll prove to be a great signing as the season goes on, he was great with Drogs and has shown he's still got it in him since joining us. But I do agree on the Camano front, how did Cook see anything good in him bar a bit of height ? unfortuantly thats the one thing we lack in this team :(, unless it was due to a lack of defenders and he was his only choice.

Da Real Rover
05/09/2009, 10:08 AM
I agree Comano has under performed and comes across as a bit of a donkey.
I think with a bit of confidence it could do the lad a world of good but in a relegation battle we simply cant afford the luxury of providing confidence boosters for individual players.
As for Kendrick, completely disagree, I think he has been excpetional since he came and granted hes had one ro two dodgey games he is a damn good defender and far from one fo the worst in our team.
Id give Ryan the bullet any day before Kendrick, not only does Kendrick put in some very good performances but he is also a pro and not like so many of those jokers in our team whose training consists of pints and trips to the toilet cubicles.

deja
05/09/2009, 11:08 AM
Kendrick was one of the household names and best players Drogs had, when they were winning the league and had a proper good team together.

Kendrick wasn't part of the 07 league winning side. He only signed for DUFC at the start of 08 when Simon Webb retired. Joe puts in an honest game, but he certainly wasn't one of the stars of the defence in that Drogheda team, I actually think he is better at going forward than a defender.

Well Red
05/09/2009, 11:17 AM
I was at the game and Camona was probably the worst player I have ever seen on a League team. I ended feeling sorry for him as he was scared stiff everytime the ball came near him, it was embarrassing to watch him and the applause as he was going off was sheer relief to see the end of him. It was a great game to watch, again we had a linesman in front of us who was either a homer or blind. Drogs second goal was a cracker but came after about 5 corners in as many minutes. Peers was stunning the period he was out was so costly for us. Would guess about 150 to 200 Sligo fans in the ground and fair play to the Sligo supporters they kept the support going all through the match. Maybe we can catch Bohs again going through a bad patch, wonder will the two red carded players last night be out for our match. Boco was a huge loss, will he be back for the Bohs game. A full Rovers team without Camona can give anyone a game.

CF1989
05/09/2009, 11:36 AM
bit harsh on him to be fair. the worst player you've ever seen in the league? clearly un true.

sligofan4ever
05/09/2009, 11:52 AM
I was at the game and Camona was probably the worst player I have ever seen on a League team. I ended feeling sorry for him as he was scared stiff everytime the ball came near him, it was embarrassing to watch him and the applause as he was going off was sheer relief to see the end of him. It was a great game to watch, again we had a linesman in front of us who was either a homer or blind. Drogs second goal was a cracker but came after about 5 corners in as many minutes. Peers was stunning the period he was out was so costly for us. Would guess about 150 to 200 Sligo fans in the ground and fair play to the Sligo supporters they kept the support going all through the match. Maybe we can catch Bohs again going through a bad patch, wonder will the two red carded players last night be out for our match. Boco was a huge loss, will he be back for the Bohs game. A full Rovers team without Camona can give anyone a game.

Ibrahim Iyane-Thiam begs to differ.

bingoballs
05/09/2009, 12:06 PM
The league of Ireland isnt the premiership or la liga to be fair. If players were up to that standard then they wouldn't be playing here, as was the case with Seamie Coleman. What our players lack in skill and tactical ability however, they should atleast try to compensate for with desire, passion and commitment! I can't understand how, after beating the champions and league leaders, we can't finish a side like Deogheda who's scoring difficulties have been well documented this season. Our last 4 results, beat Derry, draw with Bray, beat Bohs, draw with Drogheda? Bananas if you ask me! Also, the sides fitness has to be questioned. The one thing we have been consistant in this season is conceding goals in the second half of games. Is it fear or just inability that causes us to drop our intensity in the second half of every match. We were lucky against Bohs tuesday night and if they got one back it would have been curtains for us I think. The result last night was hardly confidence boosting, throwing away leads can never be called that. Time is runnin out lads. I think is was a mistake to let McGrath go too. Atleast he wasn't afraid to get his boot in!

Shedzer
05/09/2009, 2:08 PM
Well, that answers the question as to whether you were in Drogheda or not. I don't want him kicked out the door - just Camano to bring him with him.

No, me admiting i wasnt in Drogheda anwsers the question you spastic

Answer me this, would you prefer have the likes of Ryan, regardless of positions?

avvenalaf
05/09/2009, 3:53 PM
No, me admiting i wasnt in Drogheda anwsers the question you spastic

Answer me this, would you prefer have the likes of Ryan, regardless of positions?

Now, why would you ask a spastic a question like that?

rovers100%
05/09/2009, 4:59 PM
well i have been at every game kendrick and camano played and as far as get rid of kendrick your off your head, he is playing ok, no better than than nor no worse. he was not match fit when joined and still struggling slightly for pace but he can defend and is very good in the air. he is twice the player of holmes and as for butler who knows what he will be like if ever returns. all in all stick with joe he has not become a bad player overnite. as for camano he looks shocking to be truthful, he does not hold position he just keeps running around after the ball and makes back four lose too much shape. i feel sorry for him because he is a real team player and anyone can see the lad wants to do well but maybe he is just struggling to adapt to irish football or just plain useless. far too many problems at rovers at the minute

1. brush has lost all confidence
2. cooke making tactical decisions that astound me and signings are questionable
3. fitness levels are poor for professional team
4. no top class central midfielder
5. too many passengers on the team

hopefully we stay up and address issues and move on as a club as i still have faith in cookie and most of the team

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2009, 5:08 PM
The trouble again came from Midfield when Camano was taken off and Ventre then moved back to partner Peers. We were starting to go back but with no Ventre we totally surrendered the midfield, there was 20 minutes left when we made the change and to be honest even though i do not rate the lad i would actually have left Camano on for it as they never looked like scoring till Ventre came out of midfield. If it had stayed 2-1 we would have been saying great move by Cook to sure up the back but it did not come off and i thought it cost us the win.

Morrison done well when he came on, Cash had a good game, Ventre ok, Blinkhorn done well for the service he got but i thought both full backs did not have one of their better days, although i would rather see Keane at centre back for the remiander of the season. Peers was immense as usual.

CF1989
05/09/2009, 5:16 PM
Boco was a massive loss.

dublinred
05/09/2009, 10:27 PM

I think the guy who won the holiday to alicante last year met him working as a waiter and a few brandies later one thing led to another with Camaro develeping an interest in rovers he them updated his facebook and when we you-tubed central defender he came into the reckoning.

Well Red
05/09/2009, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=CF1989;1226057]Boco was a massive loss.[/QUOTE
Just boring you posting the obvious, what about all the other issues we had last night We had some great periods of play and probably would have won except for our centre back who gave away a penalty and was useless anyway. Peers was unreal and to me Cash tried more than previous matches but Ryan needs a kick in the a--e to get stuck in.
Sorry you intitled to your opinion about Boco but we are supposed to have a fulltime squal. Travelling to all these matches is hard work but never be a Rovers supporter if you have not got hope and my hope is that we will beat Bohs in the Cup.

red_away
07/09/2009, 1:19 PM
I was at the game and Camona was probably the worst player I have ever seen on a League team. QUOTE]

I too was at the game and Camano is no world beater but to say the above just means that you havent been going to the showgrounds for long....SRFC have the unerring ability to seek out form all corners of the globe some to the least talented footballers ever seen!!!

[QUOTE=Well Red;1225885] A full Rovers team without Camona can give anyone a game.

Solvent abuse is a terrible habit - give it up it is clearly destroying your ability to make rational statements!

gustavo
07/09/2009, 6:36 PM
I was at the game and Camona was probably the worst player I have ever seen on a League team. QUOTE]

I too was at the game and Camano is no world beater but to say the above just means that you havent been going to the showgrounds for long....SRFC have the unerring ability to seek out form all corners of the globe some to the least talented footballers ever seen!!!

Solvent abuse is a terrible habit - give it up it is clearly destroying your ability to make rational statements!

To be fair to him ,we've beaten Cork Derry (twice) and Bohs this year so he's not far off the mark