PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL peadar1987 Bohemians vs. Bray player ratings*

peadar1987
04/09/2009, 11:31 PM
Post match boredom sets in!

Skippy: 8.5 Some great saves, and as quick off the line as ever. He did look a little weak on some crosses, and as always, he doesn't talk to his defenders as much as I'd like him too

Derek Pender: 7 Solid, didn't give much away, and won plenty with some good tackles

Derek Foran: 8 I'm a big fan. He's really good in the air, and the team always looks better for having him in it. Another good performance

Chris Deans: 8 Back to his best after his nightmare against Sligo. Maybe he wasn't ready to come back from injury quite that soon.

Gary Cronin: 5 Looked pretty shaky for long periods of the game. Made a few mistakes

Gary McCabe: 7.5 Always dangerous, but still holds onto the ball for those few seconds too long. If he improved his distribution a bit he'd be one hell of a player

Dave Mulcahy: 7 Himself and Shields did a good job without being spectacular

Chris Shields: 7 See Dave Mulcahy

Dane Massey: 6 Was pretty anonymous going forwards, but tracked back well

John Flood: 9 Worked his socks off again, and was our main threat on the night. Great finish for the goal, and definitely deserved the penalty.

Jake Kelly: 7 He didn't look strong enough to make a real impression for much of the game. His pace and movement were good, but he inevitably was muscled off the ball by his marker.

*Not official in any way

Hulsey
05/09/2009, 2:07 AM
Post match boredom sets in!

Skippy: 8.5 Some great saves, and as quick off the line as ever. He did look a little weak on some crosses, and as always, he doesn't talk to his defenders as much as I'd like him too

Derek Pender: 7 Solid, didn't give much away, and won plenty with some good tackles

Derek Foran: 8 I'm a big fan. He's really good in the air, and the team always looks better for having him in it. Another good performance

Chris Deans: 8 Back to his best after his nightmare against Sligo. Maybe he wasn't ready to come back from injury quite that soon.

Gary Cronin: 5 Looked pretty shaky for long periods of the game. Made a few mistakes

Gary McCabe: 7.5 Always dangerous, but still holds onto the ball for those few seconds too long. If he improved his distribution a bit he'd be one hell of a player

Dave Mulcahy: 7 Himself and Shields did a good job without being spectacular

Chris Shields: 7 See Dave Mulcahy

Dane Massey: 6 Was pretty anonymous going forwards, but tracked back well

John Flood: 9 Worked his socks off again, and was our main threat on the night. Great finish for the goal, and definitely deserved the penalty.

Jake Kelly: 7 He didn't look strong enough to make a real impression for much of the game. His pace and movement were good, but he inevitably was muscled off the ball by his marker.

*Not official in any way

Solid enough ratings there. Would have swapped Massey and Kelly, but otherwise I'd agree. Thought Kelly looked very low on confidence tonight and looks terrified of taking a knock, he seems to pull out of all 50-50's he goes for and panics when faced with an opponent baring down on him. Also too easily pushed off the ball. Only a young lad and a very promising player, but I'd rather see Mulroy (who seems to have a lot more confidence), Shane O' Neill (I know he isn't fully fit but when he is) or Emeka (a bit more strenght than Kelly or Mulroy) get a chance.

Back to tonights game, I thought it was very similar to the performances away to Rovers and Drogheda. Everyone gave 100% and ran themselves into the ground for the team. The lads did themselves and the club proud tonight. Also nice to see that finally on a trip to face one of the bigger clubs, that the referee made the correct decisions, not the ones popular with the locals. Only one he may have got wrong was the sending off of Murphy, definately a penalty, but no guarantee that Flood would have scored as he was at a very tight angle and their seemed to be cover. And Crowe looked offside for his goal, but whos cares. Great result and lets hope it turns our season :cool:

Stevo Da Gull
05/09/2009, 8:37 AM
Haha, I was expecting all 10's. Thought some people might get caught up in the emotions of it all.

Well done lads!!!

Hulsey
05/09/2009, 11:17 AM
Haha, I was expecting all 10's. Thought some people might get caught up in the emotions of it all.

Well done lads!!!

Have to be a bit objective in the ratings :cool:

Martinho II
05/09/2009, 5:10 PM
will Gary Cronin be playin for ye in the cup on saturday against his wee brother?

Captain2007
06/09/2009, 5:46 PM
will Gary Cronin be playin for ye in the cup on saturday against his wee brother?

No reason why he doesn't play, did exceptionally well v Bohs considering first game in LOI for almost a year!

Martinho II
06/09/2009, 6:31 PM
No reason why he doesn't play, did exceptionally well v Bohs considering first game in LOI for almost a year!

and that was when he last played for ye is that right?

BrayUnknowns
07/09/2009, 11:03 AM
What about Jayo spitting at Deansey ! pure filth !

Magic preformance and magic result from the lads, everyone of them did the jersey proud. I've no complaints about the game what so ever. Roll on Saturday is all i can say. I reckon a few more heads might travel now seeing as we rolled over the champions on their own turf.

Roo69
07/09/2009, 1:05 PM
Couldn't make the match due to a long standing commitment but couldn't believe it when i heard the result, shocked isn't the word !

Superhoops
07/09/2009, 8:23 PM
Was in Cyprus when I heard the result. thought it was a wind up until I phoned home for confirmation.

Played well by all accounts which makes it so frustrating when we let games and points slip. Unless we can put 2 or three together, I still fear for the worst. Hope I'm wrong.

Hulsey
07/09/2009, 10:04 PM
What about Jayo spitting at Deansey ! pure filth !
Magic preformance and magic result from the lads, everyone of them did the jersey proud. I've no complaints about the game what so ever. Roll on Saturday is all i can say. I reckon a few more heads might travel now seeing as we rolled over the champions on their own turf.

Didn't notice that at the game. But if he's found guilty hope he gets a lenghty ban no need for scummy actions like that

redobit
08/09/2009, 10:43 AM
whats yer game in hand lads, and when do ye think it will be played?

Rovers1
08/09/2009, 10:46 AM
whats yer game in hand lads,

I think it's against Pats. I'm probably wrong.

Roo69
08/09/2009, 11:02 AM
whats yer game in hand lads, and when do ye think it will be played?

St. Pats at home on Monday 28th September. That weekend could define our season as we have Drogheda at home on the Friday (25th Spet)

The Fox
08/09/2009, 8:55 PM
Tell me whan did the spitting incident happen - didnt see it myself?