PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda United vs Sligo Rovers

Pages : [1] 2

sligofan4ever
03/09/2009, 7:13 PM
Everyone was saying before this game that "This is more important than Bohs, anything we get in that match is a bonus". Altough I agree, our result on teusday is a massive confidence boost for this game and hopefully the rest of the season. When you looking at team sheets, we look stronger, but after seeing ourselves in cup matches and on teusday, we proved we can be a match for anyone if we play at our best. Its a big blow to lose Boco for such a crucial game, but i'm confident we are still strong enough to win without him. The only problem is with Alan Keane likely to move to right back, do we play Camano or move Ventre to CB to partner Peers ?

prediction: 2-0 Rovers, Cretaro and Doyle to score.

MMVIII
03/09/2009, 7:53 PM
Many heading to this? Good atmosphere will really push the players on.

Not too sure what too think here, even after winning on Tuesday. the player confidence should be on the up so hopefully they can capitalise on it. Going to say 2 1 Rovers.

gustavo
03/09/2009, 8:11 PM
Everyone was saying before this game that "This is more important than Bohs, anything we get in that match is a bonus". Altough I agree, our result on teusday is a massive confidence boost for this game and hopefully the rest of the season. When you looking at team sheets, we look stronger, but after seeing ourselves in cup matches and on teusday, we proved we can be a match for anyone if we play at our best. Its a big blow to lose Boco for such a crucial game, but i'm confident we are still strong enough to win without him. The only problem is with Alan Keane likely to move to right back, do we play Camano or move Ventre to CB to partner Peers ?

prediction: 2-0 Rovers, Cretaro and Doyle to score.

I'd move Danny back and bring in Richey Ryan

Rory H
03/09/2009, 8:12 PM
Should be 100 or so but can't see much of an atmosphere, not many heading from Sligo and will be a lot older Dublin based fans I reckon.

CF1989
03/09/2009, 8:16 PM
'simple ball richie, simple ball'

dong
03/09/2009, 8:32 PM
It's a tough call. Ventre and O'Grady were outstanding together against Bohs but Camano seems to be a liability judging from the Bray game.
Also, Ryan needs to up his game big time now. He didn't add much when he came on the last day.
Overall, I'd have to go for moving Danny back. Too important a game to chance the other fella imo.

Rory H
03/09/2009, 8:40 PM
Would rather risk Camano rather than Ryan, we need O'Grady and Ventre in the middle and maybe Jim will do well alongside Peers.

dong
03/09/2009, 8:48 PM
Could be right Rory. We're due a big game from Flanagan. Such hype!

sligofan4ever
03/09/2009, 8:49 PM
Would rather risk Camano rather than Ryan, we need O'Grady and Ventre in the middle and maybe Jim will do well alongside Peers.

Can't argue there Rory, Flanagan is long overdue a runout for the 1st team.

Camano mightened do too bad, I just wish he would become a "leader of the defence" like some say he was was against Bohs in the cup, but who knows, maybe a start alongside Peers might do him some good for him.

CF1989
03/09/2009, 8:52 PM
ryan isnt a winger, thats why he might have found it tough on tuesday. we need to keep the ball, cant be giving away sloppy possesion, so ryan should start, keane right back, ventre centre half. wonder will cashy keep his place. id like to see him start again

dong
03/09/2009, 9:01 PM
ryan isnt a winger, thats why he might have found it tough on tuesday. we need to keep the ball, cant be giving away sloppy possesion, so ryan should start, keane right back, ventre centre half. wonder will cashy keep his place. id like to see him start again
You need to get he ball first and he wouldn't put in a tackle against Bohs when he came on.
Still possibly our best option. Cook will have to call if it goes wrong he'll land all the stick. The joys of being a football manager!

dong
03/09/2009, 10:20 PM
Just had another thought on this.
What about playing somebody else at RB. Can Keohane play there or Cash can do a job there surely?
Leaves the solid central pairing of Keane and Peers intact and also the midfield pairing of Ventre and O'Grady.

CF1989
03/09/2009, 11:14 PM
keohane is injured, and hes a left back. theres no one else. cash filled in there against bohs in dalymount when we had all the injuries etc. id say he'll go with camano and peers centre back with keane right back

not sure if morrison's fully gone. if not he may come in but doubt he will if hes been in trouble

sligo23
03/09/2009, 11:18 PM
I think we should go with:
1.Peers
2.Peers
3.Peers
4.Peers
5.Peers
6.Peers
7.Peers
8.Peers
9.Peers
10.Peers
11.Peers
preditction....0-0

CF1989
03/09/2009, 11:36 PM
odds on peersy making a mistake for drogs to get the winner tomorrow night after all the hype and praise he's been getting since tuesday? :o

thank god he's back

sligo23
03/09/2009, 11:46 PM
odds on peersy making a mistake for drogs to get the winner tomorrow night after all the hype and praise he's been getting since tuesday? :o

could happen, alot of pressure on him, with my team of gavin peers not helping the matter:o
nearly did it against bohs too, when he slipped just as he was about to clear. he is human and will make mistakes.

sligoman
04/09/2009, 12:34 AM
We have to win, no excuse.

We'll draw though.

red_away
04/09/2009, 7:57 AM
I agree that we should if at all possible keep keane+peers and danny+connor as our spine...i wonder would everton loan us back seamie for the last few matches of the season?

srfc1928
04/09/2009, 8:25 AM
I agree that we should if at all possible keep keane+peers and danny+connor as our spine...
i agree aswell, hopefully we can keep the spine of the team in place.
I'd say that if you were to go through the team sheets from this season we havent played the same middle 4 in two consecutive games.

Mayo Red
04/09/2009, 8:27 AM
I agree with Sligoman, we have to win this, no excuses! The Drogs won't be an easy team to beat especially at home but hopefully we can carry on from the Bohs result and take all 3 points. I'll be optimistic and go for a 2-1 win for Rovers although it probably has draw written all over it!

Redie
04/09/2009, 8:49 AM
Can't argue there Rory, Flanagan is long overdue a runout for the 1st team.

Camano mightened do too bad, I just wish he would become a "leader of the defence" like some say he was was against Bohs in the cup, but who knows, maybe a start alongside Peers might do him some good for him.

Fantastic new word introduced to the English language. Congratulations.

Ventre to move to right back and Ryan in to centre mid field is the most likely option.

Boco missing is a major, major set back.:(

By the way was that Brian Cash or Steve Birks playing Tuesday night.;)

kkontour
04/09/2009, 9:12 AM
Could bring Raf to right back. I know its a loss up front for us, but scoring is not our main concern, its the conceeding thats killing us. Boco is a huge loss but with raf having played there before he could do a job and still get up and down the wing.

Brush
Raf Keane Peers Kendrick
Cash Conor Ventra Doyle
Blinkhorn Turner

Drogman.
04/09/2009, 10:20 AM
Lads, for anyone who isn't travelling to the game, we are providing live commentary on the game tonight.

Click below from about 5 mins before kick off.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/drogs-live

Redie
04/09/2009, 10:27 AM
Could bring Raf to right back. I know its a loss up front for us, but scoring is not our main concern, its the conceeding thats killing us. Boco is a huge loss but with raf having played there before he could do a job and still get up and down the wing.

Brush
Raf Keane Peers Kendrick
Cash Conor Ventra Doyle
Blinkhorn Turner

Is that a joke? Do you think we should play for ninety minutes the way we did for the second 45 last Tuesday?

We need to win and we need goals - our goal difference is the worst in the league - and Raf is our top scorer.

ndrog
04/09/2009, 10:58 AM
This game should be a cracker ! we cant score to save our lives at the minute .reckon it will be a draw .We win we go ahead of you please god we do as we are due a huge bit of luck :D enjoy the game and check out the drogs fans commentaty if you cant mske it to Drogheda tonight .

avvenalaf
04/09/2009, 12:15 PM

Ventre to move to right back and Ryan in to centre mid field is the most likely option.

Redie, I'd be glad to answer your last line but, in the absence of a question mark, I cannot be sure that it is, in fact, a question.

Stones, glass houses, throw.

showgies
04/09/2009, 12:44 PM

It could have been either! Both are known for not playing the full 90 minutes.

unclekev
04/09/2009, 1:19 PM
I go for us to win 2 1. Think Raf and Blinkhorn score for us. Think Cookies tactics will get us the much needed three points. He is back to his best I reckon. Can see Morrison featuring at some stage. he could be the ace in the pack.

dublinred
04/09/2009, 2:07 PM
Looking forward to this one , would just slot Cash into right back and leave the rest of the team alone, badly need the 3 points to pull away from the drogs and set our sights on Galway.

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 6:08 PM

Cheers, i'll inform the lads at Oxford dictionary about it, but I hope this dosen't turn out like the Bray thread again. It just said on Ocean FM this match k/o is 7:30, a mistake or is it actually an earlier kick off ?

srfc1928
04/09/2009, 6:44 PM
Ragin cant make the game tonight,
comon the Rovers

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 6:46 PM
Sligo Rovers team:
Brush
Camano
Keane
Peers
Kendrick
Cash
O' Grady
Ventre
Doyle
Cretaro
Blinkhorn

Subs:
C.Kelly
Morrison
Marshall
Ryan
Turner

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 7:12 PM
Drogs 1-0 Rovers: Chambers peno :(.

1-1! go on Danny Ventre :D

SligoBrewer
04/09/2009, 7:15 PM
Gewan danny bo!

forza rovers
04/09/2009, 7:28 PM
mad danny hopefully we can push on and win the game

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 7:36 PM
HT: Drogheda United 1-1 Sligo Rovers: Chambers and Ventre scoring the goals. By the sounds of it we have been the better side and Raf,Cash and Blinkhorn have been our danger men so far by the sound sof it too. Lets hope for a 2nd goal in the second half, come onthe Bit O' Red!

srfc1928
04/09/2009, 7:38 PM
Sligo Rovers team:
Brush
Camano
Keane
Peers
Kendrick
Cash
O' Grady
Ventre
Doyle
Cretaro
Blinkhorn

Subs:
C.Kelly
Morrison
Marshall
Ryan
Turner
Hes back then

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 8:03 PM
We should be ahead by the way Drogheda are playing by the sounds of it. The are playing very poor according to Extratime, hope Rovers can convert just one chance, just one, and hope Shams beat Pats so we can go within a point of them.

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 8:05 PM
Substitution: Doyle off Morrison on

And shortly after, Morrison scores his first goal in a Rovers jersey. With all the confusion about him at the club he may just have put us on our way to a very valuable 3 points *hopes he hasn't spoken too soon*.

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 8:25 PM
2-2, Scott Gibb I think with the equalizier :(.

ItaC
04/09/2009, 8:32 PM
On extratime.ie...

82. GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL for Drogheda from nowhere, Scott Gibb equalises, from Drogheda's sixth corner in as many minutes.

How can he say it's come from nowhere after saying there was 6 corners within 6 mins?!
Hoping for a miracle goal now....*crosses fingers*

sligofan4ever
04/09/2009, 8:40 PM
FT: Drogheda United 2-2 Sligo Rovers, a game we shouldv'e won :(. By the sound sof it Morrison seemed to add something to our attack when he was brought on.

Shedzer
04/09/2009, 8:41 PM
Knew we would draw...why sit back all the time when we get a lead?

celticV3
04/09/2009, 8:42 PM
disapointing we couldn't hold onto the lead. As was said though would have taken 4 points out of the two games this week. Can't believe Bray got a result tonight.

CarrickFan
04/09/2009, 9:09 PM
TBH Result vs Bohs counts for little now.

We need to be beating the Drogs, Brays, Pats, Galways if we wanna stay up...

if we hadnt beaten Bohs on Tuesday we'd be joint bottom of the table of the table with Bray instead of 3 points ahead of them and 2 ahead of Drogheda..so to say it counts for little is not exactly true.

oldrover
04/09/2009, 10:15 PM
Drogheda were the better side in the second half and we were holding on at the end.Delighted to see Ventre score because you cant doubt his commitment.Morrisson scored a great goal.It is going to be a difficult last quarter for us but at least we havent been beaten for a few of matches now.

dublinred
04/09/2009, 10:18 PM
Just back shocking result 2 points dropped we had it in the bag and Cook made a massive tactical blunder dropping Ventre back into central defence after replacing Camaro with Ryan after that Drogheda just strolled though the midfield which we were controlling stupid points to throw away silly to sit back rather than going for another goal as we had Drogheda on the rack.

We started well then gave away a crazy penalty it looked like Camaro sliding in could hear the thud up at the away end , Raf was then denied a blatant peno just before we equalised after great wing play from Cash who crossed for ventre to bang into the roof of the net , Morrision came on as sub and scored shortly afterwards great buildup play from raf , the equaliser was coming once we lost midfield and sat back deep. Can't understand why we kept all our players in box when defending corners as this allowed Drogs to send 9 players into the box everytime .

oldrover
04/09/2009, 10:24 PM
Agree with your comments...thought it was Ventre for the first but you may be right.Cash had a good game tonight and great to see him get to the back line rather than crossing from further out as he has tended to do.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
04/09/2009, 11:23 PM
Drogheda were the better side in the second half and we were holding on at the end.Delighted to see Ventre score because you cant doubt his commitment.Morrisson scored a great goal.It is going to be a difficult last quarter for us but at least we havent been beaten for a few of matches now.

Nobody has ever doubted the commitment of Ventre. A lot of people doubt his talent. And rightly so I would say.

Should have been winning that match though. Bray winning makes it even worse. I presumed we were well away from the bottom spot.

Rory H
04/09/2009, 11:59 PM
Like Sligoman moderates a forum, like Dooley drives a bus and like Ian pukes in League of Ireland grounds, Danny Ventre scores goals.