PDA

View Full Version : Fao Tommy T/war

wws
10/02/2004, 2:45 PM
I'd be interested to hear you two's reactions to rovers officials in discussions with bohs today about renting dalymount?

I made a reasoned case on this mb why it was likely to occur, based on common sense and available options. You two dismissed it out of hand.

Its looking more and more like a distinct possibility now

joeSoap
10/02/2004, 2:57 PM
rent it to who?? Rovers have signed a lease to play in Inchicore, Dublin City are in Tolka.....can't think of anyone else??
http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=12073&viewstory=yes

Dodge
10/02/2004, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by joeSoap
rent it to who?? Rovers have signed a lease to play in Inchicore, Dublin City are in Tolka.....can't think of anyone else??
http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=12073&viewstory=yes
Rovers WILL NOT be in Richmond next year. No lease was agreed or signed.

It seems Rovers board ****ed up agin

joeSoap
10/02/2004, 3:02 PM
well, either Pats or Rovers are telling porkies to soccercentral then, aren't they??

Dodge
10/02/2004, 3:04 PM
Even worse

www.shamrockrovers.ie

Rovers have it on their OFFICIAL homepage.

Muppets

Colm
10/02/2004, 3:17 PM
I was under the impression that both Rovers and Dublin City were going to be renting Tolka. Is that no longer the situation?

So Rovers think they're going to be playing in Inchicore but Pats know nothing about it?:rolleyes:

Dodge
10/02/2004, 3:21 PM
Pretty much the size of it. If Bohs don't agree to it, Rovers will be playing outside of Dublin next year.

Less than 6 weeks to the football

SÓC
10/02/2004, 3:30 PM
What about Belfield, didnt they play their home game there last against UCD? Then again they did play a home game at the Cross.

Santry?

Jez they're rightly fcuked.

Is the Pats deal really dead though or is O'Callaghan just playing hard ball. Can Pats really afford to turn down the cash they'd get?

Colm
10/02/2004, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Pretty much the size of it. If Bohs don't agree to it, Rovers will be playing outside of Dublin next year.

Less than 6 weeks to the football

Dodge, have Pats given them any reason to believe they'll be allowed play in Richmond? They must have some basis for putting it on the official site.

I have a feeling Bohs won't want to rent out Dalymount (unless they badly need the money). So what other options have Rovers got? Will Drogs or Bray rent to them? Will they have to play all their games away?
Worrying times for the homeless by the looks of it!

Colm
10/02/2004, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
What about Belfield, didnt they play their home game there last against UCD?

That was a once off.
I think UCD have some rule where they can't lease Belfield?

Schumi
10/02/2004, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
What about Belfield, didnt they play their home game there last against UCD? No go, college rules. They were only allowed to play their home games (the league cup game as well) against us in Belfield and not games against anyone else. If the club had the choice, I think we'd have them in for the money.

Roo69
10/02/2004, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Dodge, have Pats given them any reason to believe they'll be allowed play in Richmond? They must have some basis for putting it on the official site.

I have a feeling Bohs won't want to rent out Dalymount (unless they badly need the money). So what other options have Rovers got? Will Drogs or Bray rent to them? Will they have to play all their games away?
Worrying times for the homeless by the looks of it!

Ya must be fcuking having a laugh ! have Rovers out in Bray every 2nd sunday running a muck ! its bloody bad enough as it is !

I dont think team needs the money that much :-)

Macy
10/02/2004, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by Roo69
Ya must be fcuking having a laugh ! have Rovers out in Bray every 2nd sunday running a muck ! its bloody bad enough as it is !
Don't know, might teach those annoying little knobs to stop hassling away fans....

Dodge
10/02/2004, 4:09 PM
AFAIK there were negotiations but Pats NEVER agreed to any thing. Don't know what the criac with Rovers releasing that but sure as hell is funny...

Myself i'd take them and their money in but purely for money reasosn. Don't wnat them there but happy to take money from anyone...

Dodge
12/02/2004, 11:09 AM
no...