PDA

View Full Version : Graham Stack

joeSoap
10/02/2004, 9:58 AM
Younger and definitely better than Paddy Kenny, and a far better prospect than Joe Murphy, in my humble opinion.
This is hardly the way forward in my eyes.....anyone agree??

Plastic Paddy
10/02/2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by joeSoap
Younger and definitely better than Paddy Kenny, and a far better prospect than Joe Murphy, in my humble opinion.

Yes. Murphy may well be an excellent prospect, but Stack has had some first-team experience this season (albeit in the Carling Cup) in which he acquitted himself well, and thus deserved to be called in to the squad as third-choice 'keeper.

That said, I'm glad to see Paddy Kenny receive a call-up. At long last. :)

:D PP

Dodge
10/02/2004, 10:07 AM
Jesus you moan a lot... :)

why is Stack "definitely" better than Kenny? And Murphy is the man in position so Stack will have to prove himself in more than 5/6 ganes a year that he's better. In my opinion Given is way ahead of the others and Keeny is way ahead of Murphy/Stack/Colgan. Is it really worth complaining about who our 3rd choice keeper is?

the 12 th man
10/02/2004, 10:07 AM
dont rate paddy kenny at all (pub team standard)
think graham stack is an outstanding prospect/but exactly that,
we need to see more of him.

Bowsy
10/02/2004, 10:13 AM
Thought Stack Deserved call up as Murphy isn't playing football at all and looked like a rabbit in the headlights against Turkey. Great that Kenny has been included. Quality goalkeeper. Does all the unspectacular stuff very well and that's what you want from a keeper. Pub team standard my A*se! Just because he looks like a pub team keeper doesn't mean he is one. Anyone who says that hasn't seen him play very often.

joeSoap
10/02/2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Jesus you moan a lot... :)

Is it really worth complaining about who our 3rd choice keeper is?
Of course it matters.....especially to those of us whose days are only complete when we have reached Olympic standard moaning!!:D :D

tiktok
10/02/2004, 10:46 AM
Of course it matters.....especially to those of us whose days are only complete when we have reached Olympic standard moaning!!:D :D

do the IOC drug test for downers :D

1. Given
2. Kenny (far from a pub team keeper)
3. Stack/Murphy (good prospects, both not playing enough)

onenilgameover
11/02/2004, 12:34 PM
I reckon Stack is a great prospect....Kenny is indeed a very good keeper but I just wonder if Shay ever got injured we would be in a very difficult postion without having any real cover..Stack should be given an oportunity and soon he looks like the real deal..Kenny is no pub team player but at the same time he is not an international not against the like of France at any rate...

Bowsy
11/02/2004, 12:43 PM
Don't know about that. Kenny is 25 and played against Arsenal and Leeds among others last year and never looked out of place. Developing as a Keeper and would have no fears if Given was injured which would be nice as i currently nearly have heart failure every time he takes the slightest knock.

fromthenorthffs
11/02/2004, 8:32 PM
Its an irrelevance at the minute cos if we were down to 3rd choice i have little doubt Dean Kiely would come back for one game to see us through

Slash/ED
11/02/2004, 9:36 PM
Murphy is the better prospect between him and Stack, from what I've seen of them both. Murphy can really be exceptional in a few years time, he may need a move though.

tetsujin1979
12/02/2004, 9:41 AM
People have been saying that about Murphy since he was at Tranmere. When the move to West Brom came about, a lot thought it would be the making of him, unfortunately, Russel Hoult is in the form of his life - even if the defence last season was a joke - and it took getting sent off against Liverpool before Murphy could make his Premiership bow. Another move might restart his career, or it could make him another one of the nearly men

Plastic Paddy
12/02/2004, 10:03 AM
I sometimes think Brian Kerr appears tactically limited, but in his dictum that players should be appearing regularly for their first teams I think he is spot-on. Murphy needs to go somewhere that he can play regularly as the club number 1. Hoult isn't going anywhere, so Joe needs to take the matter into his own hands for the sake of his career or risk atrophy in the Baggies' reserves.

:) PP

Slash/ED
12/02/2004, 6:25 PM
As luck would have it, Russel Hoult may need an operation that could keep him out for around 9 months. Could be Murphys big oppurtunity too either establish himself or earn a move. Don't forget, at this age Shay Given was in a similar if not worse position, he has time on his side.

Bowsy
12/02/2004, 11:00 PM
Murphy has the chance now to get in there. Hope he grabs it. Hoult could be only out for 2 weeks though and it'll be hard if not impossible for him to cement himself in that time. Hate to wish injury on anyone but would be great for us if Hoult was out for a couple of months at least.

finlma
16/02/2004, 4:05 PM
Stack has just been called into the squad. There's something up with Joe Murphy's back. Hope he gets a run, maybe the last 20 minutes or so.

Bowsy
16/02/2004, 6:45 PM
Hope Murphy is alright. Waits all this time for his chance and as soon as Hoult gets injured he does too.

theworm2345
08/11/2011, 4:42 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2058929/Hibernian-goalkeeper-Graham-Stack-arrested-nightclub-brawl.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Guy's career has been a bit of train wreck after starting at Arsenal, he's 30 now and I'm not sure he's even made 100 appearances. Pretty sure he was charged with rape a few years back as well though was cleared.

Eirambler
08/11/2011, 5:38 PM
He's finally pinned down the number one shirt at a club with Hibs. Took him a decade to do it though. Regular injuries have prevented him from becoming the player he might have been. However he is nonetheless of a similar playing standard to Darren Randolph. However a combination of discipline and fitness issues have left him at about 7th choice for us at this point.

Sullivinho
08/11/2011, 6:43 PM
Graham has the appearance and confrontational skills to take the UFC by storm. Wasted on this football lark.

Charlie Darwin
08/11/2011, 7:11 PM
That's some bump - 8 years between posts!

Eminence Grise
08/11/2011, 9:51 PM
Surely it's no bigger than the bumps on the guy who was allegedly assaulted...

Fergie's Son
09/11/2011, 3:12 AM
Wow, nice zombie thread.

backstothewall
15/04/2012, 10:29 AM
And into the Scottish Cup final after a shocker of a season. Hopefully he stays fit as it would be typical of his career to date to miss out now. *touches wood*

ifk101
17/04/2012, 7:01 AM
Hopefully he stays fit as it would be typical of his career to date to miss out now. *touches wood*

Hibernian keeper Graham Stack to miss Scottish Cup final

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17734312

Acornvilla
17/04/2012, 8:54 AM
hes also English now apparently!

tetsujin1979
19/07/2020, 9:41 PM
Stack named as assistant to Hayden Mullins at Watford following Nigel Pearson's sacking - https://www.watfordfc.com/news/club/club-statement-nigel-pearson

SkStu
19/07/2020, 10:33 PM
That's some bump - 8 years between posts!

It’s his thing now.

elatedscum
20/07/2020, 2:44 AM
See ye in 2028. Hopefully there’ll be fans in stadiums by then...

Demesne Lad
11/07/2023, 5:10 PM
After coaching roles with Watford, Cardiff and Colchester, Stack is off to Israel to join Robbie Keane's staff at Maccabi Tel Aviv.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23643809.colchester-united-keeper-coach-graham-stacks-joins-maccabi-tel-aviv/

Crosby87
11/07/2023, 6:04 PM
Coaching staff is Stacked.