PDA

View Full Version : Bray Wanderers v Liverpool Legends

Roo69
01/09/2009, 11:08 AM
takes place on 17th October 09 (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=1)in the Carlisle.

Tickets on Sale now.

peadar1987
01/09/2009, 11:11 PM
I wonder if it will attract as many as Bohemians vs. Liverpool Nobodies. Hopefully it'll be a nice windfall for the club anyway

notever
02/09/2009, 2:44 PM
Do we know who will be playing for the two teams?

KR's Post
02/09/2009, 8:20 PM
Do we know who will be playing for the two teams?

Tarz is only one i know lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) His dream|!

mightyseagull
04/09/2009, 12:28 PM
Tarz is only one i know lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) His dream|!

Is it Bray Legends or there first team???

KK77
15/09/2009, 2:48 PM
Would have gone to this only i'll be in Sunderland that day.

chippydevlin
08/10/2009, 3:02 AM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/typo3temp/pics/227b6ae8f1.jpg

KK77
08/10/2009, 2:47 PM
Already a thread on this Chippy.

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=123535

chippydevlin
08/10/2009, 3:29 PM
My bad!!

chippydevlin
08/10/2009, 3:33 PM
Nick Brujos
Josh Moran
Keith Long
Maurice Farrell
Mick Doohan
Colm Philips
Eddie Gormley
Dermot Judge
Matt Britton
Colm Tresson
Alan Dodd
Derek Corcoran
Martin Nugent
Kieran O'Brien
Richie Parsons
Danny Horan
Stephen Fox
John Ryan
Jody Lynch
Robbie Coyle
Pat O'Brien
Ciaran Ryan
Bo McKeever
Adrian Cairns

Guest players also

KK77
08/10/2009, 3:57 PM
Nick Brujos
Josh Moran
Keith Long
Maurice Farrell
Mick Doohan
Colm Philips
Eddie Gormley
Dermot Judge
Matt Britton
Colm Tresson
Alan Dodd
Derek Corcoran
Martin Nugent
Kieran O'Brien
Richie Parsons
Danny Horan
Stephen Fox
John Ryan
Jody Lynch
Robbie Coyle
Pat O'Brien
Ciaran Ryan
Bo McKeever
Adrian Cairns

Guest players also

Only missing Kieran Cooper!

chippydevlin
09/10/2009, 1:18 PM
Bob Bolder
Philip Neal
Gary Gillespie
Alan Kennedy
Phil Babb
Steve Staunton
Gary McCallister
Rob Jones
John Barnes
Jason McAteer
Michael Thomas
Paul Walsh
Ian Rush
Ronnie Whelan
Ray Houghton
Jan Molby
Dominick Matteo

Guest Players:
Brian Mooney
Tony Cousins
Matt Dawson
Mark Kenny

KR's Post
10/10/2009, 2:11 PM
Each player that plays for bray has to raise €500 each to actually participate in the game!!:eek:
Nicky byrne and Katie Taylor to guest for Bray!

Roo69
12/10/2009, 11:59 AM
Each player that plays for bray has to raise €500 each to actually participate in the game!!:eek:
Nicky byrne and Katie Taylor to guest for Bray!

Great idea by the club !

KK77
12/10/2009, 1:19 PM
[QUOTE=KR's Post;1247267]Each player that plays for bray has to raise €500 each to actually participate in the game!!:eek:

€500 seems a lot considering the times we are in.

Maybe Mr D could sponsor a few of them!

What happens with the €500????????

Roo69
12/10/2009, 3:21 PM
[QUOTE=KR's Post;1247267]Each player that plays for bray has to raise €500 each to actually participate in the game!!:eek:

€500 seems a lot considering the times we are in.

Maybe Mr D could sponsor a few of them!

What happens with the €500????????

I would presume that the money being raised is apart of the whole fundraising match and will go towards the club.

€10 from 50 family members, friends and work colluages is nothing really and i'm sure they would all only be to happy to pay €10 to see the person looking for sponsorship play against a Liverpool "Legends" side. and i'm pretty sure by the siaze of the squad put together by Bray then raising €500 has not what so ever been a problem.

I think it's a great idea for fundraising haleping pay towards the running costs, god knows the "Legends" are looking for enough to play in the game. The more ways the club can make money the better IMO.

KK77
13/10/2009, 8:43 AM
[QUOTE=Rafa B;1248397]

I would presume that the money being raised is apart of the whole fundraising match and will go towards the club.

€10 from 50 family members, friends and work colluages is nothing really and i'm sure they would all only be to happy to pay €10 to see the person looking for sponsorship play against a Liverpool "Legends" side. and i'm pretty sure by the siaze of the squad put together by Bray then raising €500 has not what so ever been a problem.

I think it's a great idea for fundraising haleping pay towards the running costs, god knows the "Legends" are looking for enough to play in the game. The more ways the club can make money the better IMO.

€500 seems a lot in the current times IMO.

The Legends have always got paid for events they attend from nights to games. That will never change. Not all of them earned the money the players earn today and remember it's them who are bringing the crowd to Bray which brings in the cash. Certain Bray fans are quick to slag off the premier league and irish people who follow it but there NOT afraid to get behind bringing over ex-players in order to raise cash for the club. Anyway should be a great day.

lowflyingseagul
13/10/2009, 11:22 AM
Only missing Kieran Cooper!

chippy devlin???

KK77
13/10/2009, 11:29 AM
chippy devlin???

Good spot! What a legend he was. Remember the 85/86 season and the famous yellow jersey!

chippydevlin
14/10/2009, 2:23 AM
Just to confirm - I will be playing.

Roo69
14/10/2009, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69;1248498]

€500 seems a lot in the current times IMO.

The Legends have always got paid for events they attend from nights to games. That will never change. Not all of them earned the money the players earn today and remember it's them who are bringing the crowd to Bray which brings in the cash. Certain Bray fans are quick to slag off the premier league and irish people who follow it but there NOT afraid to get behind bringing over ex-players in order to raise cash for the club. Anyway should be a great day.

I think you will find that pretty much every Bray fan would support a club in the UK or further a field, they "slag" when the likes of barstoolers have a pop at our club even though they do not attend the games, and god knows there are enough of them around the place.

I'd be of the opnion that if it raises cash for the club then its a good thing.

KK77
14/10/2009, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=Rafa B;1248965]

I think you will find that pretty much every Bray fan would support a club in the UK or further a field, they "slag" when the likes of barstoolers have a pop at our club even though they do not attend the games, and god knows there are enough of them around the place.

I'd be of the opnion that if it raises cash for the club then its a good thing.

Yes a lot of bar stoolers about which i would include one game a season wonders. If your getting at me with your bar stooler remark think again. I attended 26 games last season (home & away) and intend to attend the same amount if not more this season.

Roo69
14/10/2009, 1:15 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69;1249910]

Yes a lot of bar stoolers about which i would include one game a season wonders. If your getting at me with your bar stooler remark think again. I attended 26 games last season (home & away) and intend to attend the same amount if not more this season.

Sure we all have our problems...

KK77
14/10/2009, 1:31 PM
[QUOTE=Rafa B;1249934]

Sure we all have our problems...

You certainly do but i won't say:D

peadar1987
14/10/2009, 8:14 PM
You're putting me to shame now. At a quick count, I made 13 in all competitions. Not likely to make it to many more at this stage!

Bray Wanderers Supporters Club
15/10/2009, 1:04 PM
A special Bray Wanderers/Liverpool Legends scarf will be on sale in the Supporters club shop at this game at €10.

Grasshopper 99
15/10/2009, 1:09 PM
A special Bray Wanderers/Liverpool Legends scarf will be on sale in the Supporters club shop at this game at €10.

cool, that would be a nice souvenir, should see some of the bray players, the match will be a funny spectacle :D

Grasshopper 99
16/10/2009, 12:48 PM
How many tickets sold for tomorrow?

KK77
16/10/2009, 1:51 PM
How many tickets sold for tomorrow?

Wouldn't imagine it's sold out or near to. Assume 99.9% of the attendence will be the Bray die hards as the Liverpool supporters will be on their barstools:D

Would you have loved to have gone to this myself really would have but will be in Sunderland on my barstool:D:D

Roo69
16/10/2009, 2:42 PM
Wouldn't imagine it's sold out or near to. Assume 99.9% of the attendence will be the Bray die hards as the Liverpool supporters will be on their barstools:D

Would you have loved to have gone to this myself really would have but will be in Sunderland on my barstool:D:D

Over 2,000 tickets sold as of last night for this game, really sad enditement of the sporting public in our community that they would rather come along and support a bunch of over the hill ex-footballers rather than their own team.

Your going to Sunderland to sit on a barstool ?

KK77
16/10/2009, 3:07 PM
Over 2,000 tickets sold as of last night for this game, really sad enditement of the sporting public in our community that they would rather come along and support a bunch of over the hill ex-footballers rather than their own team.

Your going to Sunderland to sit on a barstool ?

Surely that can't be of any great shock to you? Has been this way for a long long time and can't see it changing soon. I do agree with you though it's a sad enditement but something i am used to at this stage.

The :D i put in that sentence tells you the anwser to that question.

Roo69
16/10/2009, 3:16 PM
[QUOTE=Rafa B;1251614]Surely that can't be of any great shock to you? Has been this way for a long long time and can't see it changing soon. I do agree with you though it's a sad enditement but something i am used to at this stage.[QUOTE]

Shock - No. But it just so annoying why the thousands of kids, young adults and grown men in the area do not want to watch live football and would prefer to watch a game on TV. That will always be very annoying to me. Just dont understand why people can't do both like most of us do.

KK77
16/10/2009, 3:23 PM
[QUOTE=Rafa B;1251614]Surely that can't be of any great shock to you? Has been this way for a long long time and can't see it changing soon. I do agree with you though it's a sad enditement but something i am used to at this stage.[QUOTE]

Shock - No. But it just so annoying why the thousands of kids, young adults and grown men in the area do not want to watch live football and would prefer to watch a game on TV. That will always be very annoying to me. Just dont understand why people can't do both like most of us do.

Don't understand it myself but what can you do. Every effort has been made by clubs etc to change this.

KR's Post
17/10/2009, 7:26 PM
Fantastic occasion today. Great crowd, good match. Brilliant all round. Congratulations Bray Wanderers!

tressonisgod
17/10/2009, 9:08 PM

Hey Roo, where did you get that title for your Tresson article in the programme?? Send the royalties this way- I coined it in 2001! :D

KK77
19/10/2009, 8:34 AM
[QUOTE=Roo69;1251625][QUOTE=Rafa B;1251614]Surely that can't be of any great shock to you? Has been this way for a long long time and can't see it changing soon. I do agree with you though it's a sad enditement but something i am used to at this stage.

Hey Roo, where did you get that title for your Tresson article in the programme?? Send the royalties this way- I coined it in 2001! :D

Did you really mate?

KK77
18/11/2009, 3:18 PM
Anyone know if the club still have match programmes left for sale from the game please and thanks?

Captain2007
18/11/2009, 4:49 PM
Anyone know if the club still have match programmes left for sale from the game please and thanks?

Not sure about programmes,heard a DVD of the game due out soon.

Roo69
18/11/2009, 5:31 PM

I think they actually sold out of them, could be wrong though. Send the club a quick e-mail and they will let you know. carlislegrounds@eircom.net

KK77
20/11/2009, 10:52 AM
I think they actually sold out of them, could be wrong though. Send the club a quick e-mail and they will let you know. carlislegrounds@eircom.net

That's great many thanks.

Riddickcule
20/11/2009, 4:24 PM
[/QUOTE] Shock - No. But it just so annoying why the thousands of kids, young adults and grown men in the area do not want to watch live football and would prefer to watch a game on TV. [/QUOTE]
It's not to do with whether the game is live or not,

It's to do with the quality of the football on offer and the state of the facilities, which on both fronts, is poor.

Roo69
20/11/2009, 4:38 PM
Shock - No. But it just so annoying why the thousands of kids, young adults and grown men in the area do not want to watch live football and would prefer to watch a game on TV. [/QUOTE]
It's not to do with whether the game is live or not,

It's to do with the quality of the football on offer and the state of the facilities, which on both fronts, is poor.[/QUOTE]

And that's why Irish football will never be what us as fans would like it to be, great facilities etc... it's a vicious circle of us needing people to come along to bring money into the club to improve facilities, quality of player etc and people not coming along because the facilities are poor and players are not the best.

Riddickcule
21/11/2009, 12:25 AM
Well in fairness if the clubs can stop fecking around and manage their finances properly, we can move forward, many reasons:

*Private and Public investment will only come efficiently if they know the clubs are stable eg. sports capital grants, which the Loi gets none of.

*Clubs are priortising wages for the past few years, instead of first improving facilities.Obv there are exceptions.

*Supporters will be less disilussioned with their clubs eg. Cork fans driven away coz of the coughland joker

peadar1987
22/11/2009, 1:03 PM
And said growth will never happen until the FAI create an environment that doesn't reward those clubs who spend beyond their means on wages. This is what it always comes back to.