PDA

View Full Version : Out of Contract Players

Aaron
31/08/2009, 11:41 PM
Listening to Richie Sadlier tonight he said 90% of the leagues players were out of contract at the end of this season. Who from your squad is and isnt out of contract?

Derry players:

Out of Contract

McChrystal (Already left)
Deery
Hutton
McCallion
Delaney
Doherty
Jennings
Quigley
Scullion
Martyn
McManus

Leaves

Morrow
O'Brien
Gray
Molloy
Higgins
McGlynn
Kearney
Nash
McEleney
Sharkey (On loan at Harps)
Farren

There could wee be a big selection of players to chose from albeit on reduced wages for many clubs.

I know all of Pats squad are out of contract as Sadlier himself mentioned that

DmanDmythDledge
31/08/2009, 11:44 PM
Everybody I'd say. A few would be amateurs too I'd imagine.

PartySaint
31/08/2009, 11:45 PM
Two of our players will still have some of their contract left, Ryan Guy is one not too sure who the other one is, its either Jason Gavin or Noel Haverty

Dunny
31/08/2009, 11:59 PM
AFAIK all of our lot are out of contract. But I did read that Paul McAreavey signed a two year deal, could be wrong.

DRDoc
01/09/2009, 1:06 AM
Kevin Deery is not out of contract at the end of the season

Candystripe
01/09/2009, 2:34 AM
Listening to Richie Sadlier tonight he said 90% of the leagues players were out of contract at the end of this season. Who from your squad is and isnt out of contract?

Derry players:

Out of Contract

McChrystal (Already left)
Deery
Hutton
McCallion
Delaney
Doherty
Jennings
Quigley
Scullion
Martyn
McManus

Leaves

Morrow
O'Brien
Gray
Molloy
Higgins
McGlynn
Kearney
Nash
McEleney
Sharkey (On loan at Harps)
Farren

There could wee be a big selection of players to chose from albeit on reduced wages for many clubs.

I know all of Pats squad are out of contract as Sadlier himself mentioned that

Quite a few of the named players from Derry are not out of contact.

At least ten+ are signed until Nov 2010.unless Derry don't give them the 3 weeks wage's they are owed.

Infadel
01/09/2009, 8:50 AM
AFAIK all of our lot are out of contract. But I did read that Paul McAreavey signed a two year deal, could be wrong.
The Scottish players we brought in are on 1.5 year deals and Mulvenna might be on a 2 year deal.

Mr Maroon
01/09/2009, 11:43 AM
All of them I think.

pineapple stu
01/09/2009, 11:49 AM
Everybody I'd say. A few would be amateurs too I'd imagine.
Sounds right on both counts. I know we've a few amateurs this year.

Dillonman
01/09/2009, 12:54 PM

Did a few of our lads not sign for a year and half such as McGowan and Williams and Im almost sure Mickey Collins is signed up for next season!

Dillonman
01/09/2009, 12:55 PM
The Scottish players we brought in are on 1.5 year deals and Mulvenna might be on a 2 year deal.

Mulvenna is on a 1 year full time deal, will wait to see if he gets that again after alot of fairly average performances!

blue til i die
01/09/2009, 1:02 PM
All of them afaik

OneRedArmy
01/09/2009, 3:16 PM
If Derry haven't paid full wages the whole squad, are, or soon will, be immediate free agents.

gufc2000
01/09/2009, 3:29 PM
Everyone at Galway United are on one-year contracts, Nick Leeson's contract is also due to expire at the end of December

Aaron
01/09/2009, 4:20 PM
Kevin Deery is not out of contract at the end of the season

Yes he is

Rovers1
01/09/2009, 4:35 PM
AFAIK everyone in the Rovers squad is out of contract in November.

Mr A
03/09/2009, 12:34 PM
Don't Bohs have a fair few players under contract for next year? I seem to recall that when they brought in wage cuts earlier in the year that extended contracts were given as compensation for the terms being reduced.

If so that will again make it difficult for them to cut spending.

marinobohs
03/09/2009, 12:38 PM
Don't Bohs have a fair few players under contract for next year? I seem to recall that when they brought in wage cuts earlier in the year that extended contracts were given as compensation for the terms being reduced.

If so that will again make it difficult for them to cut spending.

I understand we have something like eight players out of contract at the end of the season. Not sure who given the re negotiation that went on so would not be fair to speculate at this stage.

eamo1
03/09/2009, 12:40 PM
I think that 1 year deals will be the norm for the next couple of season's at least.Not ideal for players but makes sense for clubs who obviously dont have to pay players during the off season when income isnt coming in.I assume players can claim the Dole(or job seekers allowance as its called now) during the off season?

peadar1987
03/09/2009, 1:36 PM
I think that 1 year deals will be the norm for the next couple of season's at least.Not ideal for players but makes sense for clubs who obviously dont have to pay players during the off season when income isnt coming in.I assume players can claim the Dole(or job seekers allowance as its called now) during the off season?

The only problem with that is that the clubs won't be able to expect any sort of decent transfer fees for their players.

Ezeikial
03/09/2009, 1:52 PM
The only problem with that is that the clubs won't be able to expect any sort of decent transfer fees for their players.

Transfer fees (decent or otherwise) are effectively a thing of the past already between LoI clubs. If a club has a Jay O'Shea type player who is likely to attract cross chanel interest, a longer contract is the only job (but then the transfer fee for the sandwich-eater didn't exactly set new records!)

GlasnevinRed
03/09/2009, 6:00 PM
All of ours will be out of contract afaik. Damien Brennan was the only player still contracted to us by the end of last season iirc.