PDA

View Full Version : Luis Figo, how good was he?

an_ceannaire
31/08/2009, 2:48 PM
How good was Luis Figo?

One of the greatest players in the world in his day?
Hugely over rated and over paid?

Opinions vary. What yours?

bellavistaman
01/09/2009, 1:07 PM
Top quality imo, but i would say he was over rated alright. Whats he doing these days??

TheBoss
01/09/2009, 1:08 PM
I think he was a good player, but no where near a great player, completely over rated like Zidane was.

gustavo
01/09/2009, 1:10 PM
I think he was a good player, but no where near a great player, completely over rated like Zidane was.

:D

That's funny

I think people are too enamoured with this concept of players being "over rated" . It's an annoying phrase.

Zidane was rated as the best because he was the best

DeLorean
01/09/2009, 1:17 PM
I didn't get the big fuss over Zidane in his earlier days at Juventus. At Madrid and with France I finally got it. Top class.

In relation to Figo I'd echo exactly what Bellavistaman said.

bellavistaman
01/09/2009, 1:24 PM
completely over rated like Zidane was.

ah stop man, zidane was one of the greatest players of all time no doubting that surely

DeLorean
01/09/2009, 1:28 PM

Who would you consider the great players of Zidane's generation (ie. 90s-present), if any?

bellavistaman
01/09/2009, 1:31 PM
Who would you consider the great players of Zidane's generation (ie. 90s-present), if any?

ah great question

Steve Bruce
01/09/2009, 1:45 PM
Fat Ronaldo, was a better player than Zidane. Unfortunately injuries robbed Ronaldo of his prime.

But Don't make no mistake about it, this guy was unbelievable.

Zidane was a great player to and is up their amongst the best to ever kick a ball.

bellavistaman
01/09/2009, 1:53 PM
Fat Ronaldo, was a better player than Zidane. Unfortunately injuries robbed Ronaldo of his prime.
yeah i agree with you there on his day he was awesome. Hat trick aginst man u was superb.

bennocelt
03/09/2009, 3:35 PM

made me chuckle:), but fair enough he was dire in the Euros in England and in French football..............needed to go to italy to progress

Razors left peg
03/09/2009, 7:54 PM

But Don't make no mistake about it, this guy was unbelievable.

Zidane was a great player to and is up their amongst the best to ever kick a ball.

Im with ya on that, had the same conversation in the pub last weekend. I really think that without the injuries he could have been the greatest ever player. He had everything... strenght, unbelieveble skill and pace and a fantasic finisher

brianw82
04/09/2009, 2:18 AM
watched videos of them all recently on youtube and im going with ronaldo, on his day best of my generation, he really was breathtaking at times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2yLm445VKY

The goals he scored at Barca, just unbelievable. Pace, power, dribbling, finishing - there was nothing Ronaldo couldn't do. Such a pity injuries affected him so badly.

an_ceannaire
04/09/2009, 9:05 AM
When did Figo become Ronaldo ???!!!

bennocelt
05/09/2009, 9:41 AM
Figo was a class act, but he was also a very lazy player

As for Ronaldo.....am i the only one on here who thinks he was overrated!!!! Give me Romario over him all day:)