PDA

View Full Version : UCD Game

Lamper.sffc
31/08/2009, 1:35 AM
Another big one for both sides. Hope we get the win here obviously and I think we can.

what do UCD fans think? Would you be happy enough with the draw and keep the gap between us the same or would you hope your team goes for the win to put pressure on Shels.

pineapple stu
31/08/2009, 9:32 AM
Go for the win and end your promotion hopes. Less teams in contention for a play-off spot, the better.

John83
31/08/2009, 11:54 AM
Fingal are a bit Jekyll and Hyde, so to some extent it'll depend on which team shows up. I doubt we're capable of playing for a draw though.

Lamper.sffc
31/08/2009, 1:10 PM
Fingal are a bit Jekyll and Hyde, so to some extent it'll depend on which team shows up. I doubt we're capable of playing for a draw though.

Since our injuries have cleared up we are a much more solid and consistent side. I think the shels defeat was a wake up call also.

Some of the football we have played since the shels game has been the best football we have played all season. Im hoping our recent form at home carries on and I think it will. Hope its a good game for the supporters anyway.

pineapple stu
31/08/2009, 1:14 PM
Some of the football we have played since the shels game has been the best football we have played all season.
Problem is, you're quite capable of following that up with the dross in Waterford on Saturday. I don't envy Martin Russell trying to set the team up to play youz; it's next to impossible to predict what youz'll do.

Lamper.sffc
31/08/2009, 1:35 PM
Problem is, you're quite capable of following that up with the dross in Waterford on Saturday. I don't envy Martin Russell trying to set the team up to play youz; it's next to impossible to predict what youz'll do.

I think the problem is that we where probably happy enough with the draw in that game. We wont be thinking that way against UCD IMO.

HarpoJoyce
04/09/2009, 10:29 PM
1-0 Good win for Sporting Fingal (now we know). I think both sides started caustiously but Fingal started to open UCD up, especially liked Shane McFaul's cross field passing to either wing. Fingal deserved a peno before Kirby scored.
Reilly and McMahon both had good strikes but if UCD can't hit the target then we should have very few complaints.

Good win for Sporting. Wish them well for the rest of the season.

Lamper.sffc
04/09/2009, 11:45 PM
1-0 Good win for Sporting Fingal (now we know). I think both sides started caustiously but Fingal started to open UCD up, especially liked Shane McFaul's cross field passing to either wing. Fingal deserved a peno before Kirby scored.
Reilly and McMahon both had good strikes but if UCD can't hit the target then we should have very few complaints.

Good win for Sporting. Wish them well for the rest of the season.

Cheers. Same to yourselves

pretty much agree with your assessment. Game was a stalemate for the first 30 or so with us having more of the possession and yous trying to hit quickly on the counter. Neither team being effective. Then we upped it a gear for the last quarter of the half.
Agreed it should have been a peno. Kirby was clearly pulled to the ground. We then get the goal and could of had another nearly straight after. One of those crazy scrambles in the box where nobody could get the right touch on the ball.
Second half was a little more subdued from us and fair play to your lads, for spells in the second half you where on top and we where a little sloppy but defended quite well. Was alot of pressure on us for the last 10 mins but i felt we coped with it well. Might have been a different result if your lads had of kept there shots down.
Near the end I thought the ref was never going to blow the whistle.

Pity about shels beating mons but they still have to play all 3 promotion hopefuls so still a long way for them to go yet.