PDA

View Full Version : could it be true?

Ringo
09/02/2004, 6:11 PM
Heard from two different reliable sources that no team has got a Premier license. If it's true, where does the league go from here?

Red_terror
09/02/2004, 6:23 PM
I know that todays irish star said that only ourselves and bohs would get it and that the general feeling is that we will get the licence. dont see how clubs like waterford and drogs will make up the extra seating required and the pitch is too small at tolka.

pineapple stu
09/02/2004, 8:15 PM
Heard a long time ago that no team would be close to getting one. There was talk of teams who had made progress towards the licence, which implies that some teams have just ignored it altogether. Talk about progress!:rolleyes:

Pablo
09/02/2004, 9:33 PM
i'm presuming there will be exemptions? all very well for The eircom league but will the exemption apply to european competition?

Slash/ED
09/02/2004, 9:42 PM
So Derry and Bohs will be the only two premier league teams next year? Should be interesting...

Pablo
09/02/2004, 9:46 PM
Originally posted by Slash/ED
So Derry and Bohs will be the only two premier league teams next year? Should be interesting...

They could call it the Anglo-Jackeen Cup :D

Gary
09/02/2004, 10:03 PM
Strange as i would have thought that
City
Longford
Shels
Bohs
Sligo

would have all got it. I didnt think the Brandywell had a sufficient amount of seats.

What of Turners X? There are 6500 seats there? Ditto in the Flansiro?

brendy_éire
09/02/2004, 10:19 PM
The Brandywell has above the required 1,500 covered seats. There were a few issues with regard to the stadium, but they've been sorted out recently. I think another issue with us is accounts. Jim Roddy was saying something about it being a bit awkward because our accounts go through the Brits first, then have to be submitted to the FAI with approval from the (Irish) Revenue.
We'll get the license though.

Ringo
10/02/2004, 5:51 AM
theres so much more than just stadiums. Company certs must be origional no photo copys, all that type of thing. Accounts, training tax etc. Maybe its easier to fail all,than to give it to one or two.:confused:

Macy
10/02/2004, 7:48 AM
Originally posted by Gary
Strange as i would have thought that
City
Longford
Shels
Bohs
Sligo

would have all got it. I didnt think the Brandywell had a sufficient amount of seats.

What of Turners X? There are 6500 seats there? Ditto in the Flansiro?
Jesus Gary, ever looked at the document? Far more than seat numbers for the ground - the number a toilets, positioning of them, segregation, size of pitch (our biggest problem groundwise), media facilities etc etc.

That's all before the financial side - our accounts are re-submitted, but we ain't officially back on the companies register, so that's us fúcked on it...

SÓC
10/02/2004, 8:32 AM
I remember hearing the one City would fall down on is loose surfaces on the St. Anne's End and down the sides. I'd say we'll have to tarmac that to get a licence.

mickrev
10/02/2004, 8:54 AM
From what I read about the licensing City are miles away from securing one. Turners X is a million miles from being up to scratch.

There cannot be any loose surfaces in the stadium. It has to be more wheelchair accessible. There needs to be better toilet facilities and there has to be toilets on both sides of the ground. Also Players and fans have to have different entrances to the ground and the current location of dressing rooms is unacceptable as far as I know.

You can be absolutely guaranteed that the financial aspects arent up to scratch either especially regarding ticket sales.

In fairness maybe some work has been done on the ground in the close season, I dont know. Does anybody know?

Dodge
10/02/2004, 9:13 AM
Pats main problem is the size of the pitch and having entrances on two sides of the stadium...

One can be done, not sure the other can...

Countyman
10/02/2004, 9:15 AM
quote from news section on County website :Fixtures for 2004 season.

The publication of the fixture list for the 2004 season has been deferred pending the outcome of the EUFA Club Licensing procedure. Decisions on the applications are imminent (Today Tues). A meeting of the Management Committee of the Eircom League will take place on Thursday 12th Feb “To adopt the 2004 Season League Fixture programme or to discuss the outcome of the EUFA Club Licensing decisions”

a bit ominous. Are we in danger of no league at all?

tiktok
10/02/2004, 9:28 AM
Originally posted by Countyman
Are we in danger of no league at all?

if you look here (http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Domestic/ClubLicensing.htm) the FAI suggest that clubs must meet the criteria laid down in order to get and FAI licence to compete. It's also an independent body which awards the licences.

I don't think UEFA are enforcing this for at least another season though, it depends how the FAI reacts to the complacency shown by the EL clubs.

Macy
10/02/2004, 9:41 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
I don't think UEFA are enforcing this for at least another season though, it depends how the FAI reacts to the complacency shown by the EL clubs.
Is it complacency or the fact that clubs don't have the money, or rather the money the FAI promised when they launched the scheme... I've no doubt clubs could've done more (some premier clubs don't even meet the existing ground critea - step forward Drogs), but the FAI have to take their part of the blame.

For example, they watched Longford build an all seater ground from near enough scratch, and then tell us our pitch is too small to get a licence a year or so later.....

Xlex
10/02/2004, 10:17 AM
Macy, such were the ground regulations at the time that I remember that if we bet Lovech we would have had to play our next home game in Tolka....

SÓC
10/02/2004, 10:19 AM
They rules seem a bit unclear.

Toilets both sides. So if you put toilets at either end of a stand you have toilets both sides? Do both ends count as both sides?

Ditto for enterences.

Pitch size. The pitch in Highbury is smaller than Turners Cross, wouldnt think it aint much bigger than Flancare. Like are the FAI really going to say Longford cant get a licence for their pitch but one of the biggest teams in Europe are allowed play on a pitch of much the same size.

Do we really need hot water in the taps?

tiktok
10/02/2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah, that's a fair point Macy.
I suppose the money will be even slower to come now that they've committed so much cash to the Landsdowne redevelopment. Are City, Shels and Longford waiting for the Euro money handout, if so though, where does that leave everybody else.

To be honest when i said complacency, City were on my mind. There can't have been that much work to do. The toilets near the Club shop are terrible and there's a few patches of uneven ground near the shed exit and St.Anne' end, but the club should have been among those in the best staring position.

SÓC
10/02/2004, 10:25 AM

To be honest when i said complacency, City were on my mind. There can't have been that much work to do. The toilets near the Club shop are terrible and there's a few patches of uneven ground near the shed exit and St.Anne' end, but the club should have been among those in the best staring position.

Except things are never that simple in Cork football. Seeing as we dont own the Cross the MFA would have to give the permission to do these things etc. I dont think licencing is high on the MFA's list of things to do.

Ringo
10/02/2004, 11:45 AM
the clubs were to get a decision by registered letter this morning, none arrived. The acting chairman of the league is meeting Fran Rooney at the moment. Exect an announment this afternoon. :confused:

pineapple stu
10/02/2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
Are we in danger of no league at all?

More likely I'd say would be points deductions, like in Germany (Kaiserslautern docked three points this year). Would look ridiculous with every club in the league being docked points, but I wouldn't put it past the eL...

Can't see anyone being relegated on the grounds that no team in the First stands out as being better than any in the Premier.

Macy
10/02/2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Can't see anyone being relegated on the grounds that no team in the First stands out as being better than any in the Premier.
I take it you don't visit the eL board anymore? Sure everyone knows that Galway are the only one's ready... :rolleyes:

Schumi
10/02/2004, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by Macy
I take it you don't visit the eL board anymore? Sure everyone knows that Galway are the only one's ready... :rolleyes: But they won't be let up because of the Dublin conspiracy (including Longford).:D

Macy
10/02/2004, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
But they won't be let up because of the Dublin conspiracy (including Longford).:D
You missed out Cork - sure they got allocated a share of the European Money, which was a Dublin stitch up obv....

MariborKev
10/02/2004, 1:55 PM
This is heading for the realms of fantasy lads

However Drogheda have to be an at risk club? Sligo and other would have better existing grounds than the Drogs

Ringo
10/02/2004, 2:03 PM
Apparently there was a fire in the FAI today, so no announcements till tomorrow.

pineapple stu
10/02/2004, 4:41 PM
Originally posted by Ringo
Apparently there was a fire in the FAI today, so no announcements till tomorrow.

This just gets better and better, doesn't it?! If Shels or Pat's get their application turned down, expect them to claim that part of it was lost in the fire...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No chance they could do something properly for once, is there?!

TommyT
10/02/2004, 5:22 PM

No.

Incidentally I read the licencing summary when it came out last year and just downloaded the full manual (it's on the FAI website) some of the ****e is unreal. ''Club should arrange for public transport to connect with all main railway stations, bus stations and airports

TommyT
10/02/2004, 5:51 PM
if you look here (http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Domestic/ClubLicensing.htm) the FAI suggest that clubs must meet the criteria laid down in order to get and FAI licence to compete. It's also an independent body which awards the licences.

They've given themselves plenty of leeway, see my posts here
http://www.srfcultras.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4367

TheRealRovers
10/02/2004, 6:08 PM
At Rovers' AGM last night the club said we will get our licence

Ringo
10/02/2004, 6:53 PM
This just gets better and better, doesn't it?! If Shels or Pat's get their application turned down, expect them to claim that part of it was lost in the fire...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ollie seen running from a burning building in Merrion Square this morning.:D

Ringo
10/02/2004, 6:55 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
At Rovers' AGM last night the club said we will get our licence
A lot of the premier teams will qualify for First Division licences. but not Premier licences.

pineapple stu
10/02/2004, 8:28 PM
Originally posted by Ringo
Ollie seen running from a burning building in Merrion Square this morning.:D

:D :D

Sure nobody would suspect him either - everyone knows water is his method of choice!:p

Bald Student
11/02/2004, 10:16 AM
Incidentally I read the licencing summary when it came out last year and just downloaded the full manual (it's on the FAI website) some of the ****e is unreal. ''Club should arrange for public transport to connect with all main railway stations, bus stations and airports [/B]

My favourite is the bit that say premier division grounds need to have a lightening conductor but first division grounds don't.

driver
11/02/2004, 10:27 AM
maybe they could go back to the old 1st division and 2nd division system. they everyone would qualify, whats in a name :D ;)

mickrev
11/02/2004, 10:45 AM
According to soccercentral not even one club managed to get a premier division licence. Some sham. Completely the clubs faults i reckon.

Macy
11/02/2004, 10:46 AM
Lack of support, and will, in the FAI I would say is more to blame personally....

brendy_éire
11/02/2004, 10:55 AM
Apparently us and Dublin have got a First Division license. No mention of anyone else just yet.

Macy
11/02/2004, 11:26 AM
Derry are appealing for a premier licence.... Apparently it's all Harps fault, and their appeal will be "we're from the 6 counties you know"...

sadloserkid
11/02/2004, 11:40 AM
I think we'd be lucky to get a TV license at the moment... :rolleyes:

Macy
11/02/2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
I think we'd be lucky to get a TV license at the moment... :rolleyes:
Correct - you and Rovers the 2 that didn't get them....

soccer central (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=12091&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

Xlex
11/02/2004, 12:12 PM
so what are the differences in an 'A' licence and a 'B' licence?

pineapple stu
11/02/2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Xlex

A is Premier and B is First, loosely speaking.

All the items on the list have to be there for a Premier licence, but are only recommended best practice for a First Division licence. Which is why everyone (bar Rovers and Limerick who don't seem to have a plan between them) got a First Division licence.

paudie
11/02/2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Xlex

You need an "A" licence to play in europe, which is why the 4 teams in europe this season are getting the bulk of FAI money to bring the grounds up to scratch.

Hopefully all the necessary work will be done by the time UEFA asseses the grounds.

Strictly speaking all Premier Division clubs should have an "A" licence as well but since no club got one its hard to know what the FAI will do.

Since Rovers got no licence at all is it a possibility that they might be relegated?

I think clubs have a week to appeal the licence ruling as well.

One good thing about the licencing procedure is that all clubs have a independently compiled list (some longer than others) of things they need to do to bring the club up to scratch. They can then knock them off one by one over the next few years.

Macy
11/02/2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by paudie
You need an "A" licence to play in europe, which is why the 4 teams in europe this season are getting the bulk of FAI money to bring the grounds up to scratch.

Hopefully all the necessary work will be done by the time UEFA asseses the grounds.

Apparently, you can apply for a derrogation for UEFA though - don't think they're bringing the rules in for another few years... However the FAI chose (that's right chose) to be one of the first, thus UEFA will treat us as such, so we have to apply to play...

SÓC
11/02/2004, 1:05 PM
Derry are appealing for a premier licence.... Apparently it's all Harps fault, and their appeal will be "we're from the 6 counties you know"...

Ah dear old Macy so you get back at list now includes;

Cork
Derry
Bohs
FF
Econ-o-save chair

You've plenty more clubs and organisations to get through yet.

Schumi
11/02/2004, 1:42 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
They've given themselves plenty of leeway, see my posts here
http://www.srfcultras.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4367 Apparently my IP address is banned. :confused:

brendy_éire
11/02/2004, 3:57 PM

Derry recieved a B (first division licence)
Failed on the Three items

Infastructure - We all know the problems with the stadium,
the work was not completed on time ( this is now being addressed
by both club and Council at a meeting at 2.15 today.

Legal - As we are in the north, rules state that the club should be
registered in the south for trading purposes...
at the minute there is no facility in place for DCFC to register for trading
in the South

Financial - Again, different trading and auditing regulations in both north
and south. e.g. DCFC are registered in the north for trading upto 500,000
per annum but there is no facility for this to be recognised in the south.

[cheers, christy]

So ye see Macy, it is cos we're from the occupied counties. ;)
We'll have it all sorted though. Plus that infrastucture work which has been agreed by the Council.

Macy
11/02/2004, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by brendy_eire
So ye see Macy, it is cos we're from the occupied counties. ;)

I know, that's why I said it!