PDA

View Full Version : National Television V's National Radio

Xlex
09/02/2004, 3:14 PM
just in SLK's research thread one or two people rated the TV and Radio as comparable sources for the eL?

I'm astounded. For one I can't believe RTÉ radios policy and RTÉnglands policy differ so much....

But for the record, here's a poll...

tiktok
09/02/2004, 3:40 PM
went for radio, but there's not much in it, especially when you take teletext into account with TV.
The live radio games are only carried on MW, so while they can put them out, they're not high on the priority list. To be honest, it's usually the same little condescending mention at the end of the sports bulletins, just that radio has one on the hour.
Today Fm's saturday Premiership show is every bit as bad as RTE's TV version that night.

Macy
09/02/2004, 3:55 PM
The few times I've had Saturday or Sunday Sport on during the season they've done a good half hour (or longer) slot on the league. Not enough to sit through hours of bogball, and not publicised, but still p!sses all over the tele stations. On top of that, it's usually a league game a week on the friday night (albeit at the expense of Newstalk for the time being), with round-ups from the other games.

Not the best, not publicised, but still miles ahead of the TV.

Martinho II
09/02/2004, 11:10 PM
Radio one sport and newstalk thrashes what tv 3 and rte can offer. The main differnence is that the friday night roundups are excellent on a friday night on both stations(radio).

TV3 sport not bad but as for rtengland........:(

EireBadBoy
09/02/2004, 11:13 PM
I'd mostly use local Radio for EL News but in this case National TV is a Country mile behind Radio, which itself is ropey enough.

Could whoever voted TV please tell me what Channel to Watch? Cheers. :D

adamcarr
10/02/2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
I'd mostly use local Radio for EL News but in this case National TV is a Country mile behind Radio, which itself is ropey enough.

Could whoever voted TV please tell me what Channel to Watch? Cheers. :D

Didnt vote it but sports tonite on tv3 is good for bout 3-4 mins :D :D :D

gustavo
10/02/2004, 12:42 PM
dont like the way on most hourly updates they do english football first and then they come out with the old "meanwhile here at home" :rolleyes:

crc
10/02/2004, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by gustavo
dont like the way on most hourly updates they do english football first and then they come out with the old "meanwhile here at home" :rolleyes:

well said!:mad:

eoinh
10/02/2004, 4:22 PM
The Friday night sports show is the best thing on rte. Jimmy magee, eoin hand and whats his name, the commentator (i can never remember his name for some reason) all share a passion and interest in the game here.

However, most people would not know the show is one due to it being on MW. Its not available then on the net either as they only stream the FM service. What a shame as there are plenty of emigrents who i'm sure want to listen to the games.

PROMOTE TO FM.
That guy Brian di salvo? is a legend.

crc
10/02/2004, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
the commentator (i can never remember his name for some reason)

George Hamilton...?

eoinh
10/02/2004, 4:41 PM
Originally posted by crc
George Hamilton...?

George Hamilton showing enthusiasm for club football - you must be joking

Colm
10/02/2004, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
the commentator (i can never remember his name for some reason)

Gabriel Egan.

eoinh
10/02/2004, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Gabriel Egan.

Yeah, thats him.

good to see John Credon was the only rte show to gain listners in the latest polls

yur man
10/02/2004, 5:31 PM
Originally posted by gustavo

agreed, as national broadcaster they shud start with home games and then go abroad (with all news broadcasts). especially when it takes them 5 mins to get thru all english and scottish divisions before they mention LoI. our results wud take less time, then i'd switch off a happy listener