PDA

View Full Version : New signings

Schumi
09/02/2004, 2:04 PM
According to the FAI website (http://www.fai.ie/FAI/ELNews/Latest.htm) we've signed Brian Gannon from Bohs, Conor Kenna from Shels and Darren Quigley from Kildare.

pineapple stu
09/02/2004, 8:18 PM
Feck ya - just copied that to post it here!

Presume yer man Gannon from Bohs is that midfielder someone was talking about earlier? Anyone know anything about this lot?

Schumi
10/02/2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Presume yer man Gannon from Bohs is that midfielder someone was talking about earlier? That was me, I assume that's him but it's just a guess.

pineapple stu
10/02/2004, 12:45 PM
Yer man Quigley's a goalkeeper apparently (see the thread in the Kildare forum). Not played first team, so will presumably be reserve to Gallagher.

Bald Student
10/02/2004, 3:29 PM
According to Macker, there are 25 scholorships offered this year. Eddie Wallace seems to be doing a good job.

pineapple stu
10/02/2004, 4:37 PM
Darren Quigley's been named in the Irish schools squad along with Mark Leech -

Soccercentral (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Other&id=12023&viewstory=yes)

Confirms he's a keeper, and has been in the squad before. Goes to school in Loughlinstown.

pineapple stu
10/02/2004, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by Bald Student
According to Macker, there are 25 scholorships offered this year. Eddie Wallace seems to be doing a good job.

Anyone from England, do you know?

Bald Student
12/02/2004, 11:18 AM
I don't know who they are. It said 25 scholorships in the letter I got trying to sell me dinner for 110 euro.

pineapple stu
12/02/2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Bald Student
I don't know who they are. It said 25 scholorships in the letter I got trying to sell me dinner for 110 euro.

Hmmm...shows how well I read that letter!

Yez heading to that again? Get the programme to pay for it..:rolleyes: :cool:

John83
12/02/2004, 1:59 PM
Hmmm...shows how well I read that letter!

Yez heading to that again? Get the programme to pay for it..:rolleyes: :cool:
I didn't get any letter! Shows how much the club values the SSS.

I don't know about sending people to the dinner - your hair-brained schemes have the budget stretched quite from what Ciarán said in one fo the "RE:Fwd:Re: Personalised elastic bands" emails.

Schumi
12/02/2004, 2:01 PM
Yez heading to that again? Get the programme to pay for it..:rolleyes: :cool: Pay for it yourself you stingey accountant ba$tard!

pineapple stu
12/02/2004, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Pay for it yourself you stingey accountant ba$tard!

Don't mind paying myself, but aren't youz all going to feel left out - what with not being broke students and not being able to afford it and all!

Aberdonian Stu
14/02/2004, 12:14 PM
Well seeing as you're being generous and all why don't you pay for all of us to come along!!!

Oh praise the generous Lord of Burkonia

John-boy
15/02/2004, 5:44 PM
Oi Pineapple, if you're paying for them to go to meal wnat to pay for my flights so I can come along. I'll pay for my ticket so long as your deep pockets cocer my flight.

pineapple stu
16/02/2004, 12:31 PM
Not quite sure how you want me to cocer your costs, John-Boy?!

Anyhoo, 'twas decided yesterday that we each pay our own way 'cos we've spent the money on better things!

Anyway, don't you have a job paying decent money in a hard currency?!

John83
16/02/2004, 2:56 PM
don't you have a job paying decent money in a hard currency?!
Surely Sterling isn't a hard currency. It's 100p = £1. Are you struggling with this 'metric' thing again?

Bald Student
16/02/2004, 3:36 PM

Anyhoo, 'twas decided yesterday that we each pay our own way 'cos we've spent the money on better things!

Are we deffo going?

pineapple stu
17/02/2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by John83
Surely Sterling isn't a hard currency. It's 100p = £1. Are you struggling with this 'metric' thing again?

Ummm...hard currency means strong currency - currency which is worth something! Not like this moderen euro shtuff where the prices are only goin' haywire like!

Yeah, think we're heading along to that dinner yokey. Hope to be talking to Maccer on Friday - can confirm sutff then. Or can confirm after the Longford friendly (technically after the last dat for confirmations, but sure we'll get over that...)

Bald Student
17/02/2004, 1:37 PM
Sign me up so.

P.S. what's the plan for the game tomorow?

pineapple stu
17/02/2004, 4:32 PM
Meeting in one of the bars behind the North Terrace sometime around 6:30. I presume the others will be heading in from UCD.

Schumi
17/02/2004, 4:36 PM
Lansdowne Bar from 6-ish.

John-boy
29/02/2004, 11:56 AM
Not quite sure how you want me to cocer your costs, John-Boy?!

Anyway, don't you have a job paying decent money in a hard currency?!

What are these better things? And trust an accountant to not know how to 'cocer' something. I'll give you a hint about what it means: it comes from the greek.

pineapple stu
29/02/2004, 6:01 PM
Originally posted by John-boy
What are these better things?

Drink. And...well...drink and...

We've actually spent most all of our money on keyrings (which look cool!:cool: ) and scarves. We're getting the scarves delivered from England, so if you disguise yourself as a UCD scarf, maybe we can get you home that way!:D