PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 1-0 Bohs

Pages : [1] 2 3

CF1989
28/08/2009, 6:37 PM
Massive game, they all are from now until the end of the season. should have a full squad to choose from and peersy should return thank god:)massive boost for us if he does.

hopefully we score first, id be afraid we'd drop the heads if they go in front. we can get something if we show a bit of fight and play as well as we can. just get something to take into the drogheda game...

sligoman
28/08/2009, 6:50 PM
Audio interview with Raf on LOI site. www.loi.ie

unclekev
28/08/2009, 7:21 PM
We can win this game, I think it will be a tight, hard fought 1-0 win, Blinkhorn to score.

vostra rover
28/08/2009, 8:29 PM
i think we may nick a point against bohs, the return of peers will help although obviously we cant pin all our hopes on him as he wont be properly match fit.
On a side note i have never known a season for rovers to be so bad with injuries.
I honestly think our poor form this season has been down to our injury problems rather then a poor squad or management team.

CF1989
28/08/2009, 8:51 PM
we had a bit of luck last season injury wise bar butler really. shocking luck this year unfortunatly. peers, butler, parkhouse, feeney, almeida, doherty all long term injuries throughout the season

srfc1928
28/08/2009, 11:47 PM
Thankfuly results went our way tonight, only just.
I think bohs hammering of galway last week might not of been such a bad thing for them in the long run,
cant see them getting turned over like that again. Bray and Drogheda have battling qualities,
hopefully we can add a bit of this to our makeup, the heads cant drop if we go a goal behind
were easily the best football team down there at the moment,
but pretty football doesnt win games when your down at the bottom.
Time to battle, hopefully were up to it

CF1989
28/08/2009, 11:57 PM
we need to react quicker to situations. i.e giving the ball away we need to get back in shape and try and get it back. reaction time is vital in games, even a 5 or 10 yard sprint to get back behind the ball after we give it away makes a difference

when we give it away we cant just walk back and drop the heads and filter back in eventually. we expose ourselves far too often when an attack breaks down. its something that can be worked on and can come right. if we do that we me stop leaking as many goals. alot of goals scored against us are after we give it away in attacking positions or set pieces and we're to slow to react

srfc1928
29/08/2009, 12:29 AM
we need to react quicker to situations. i.e giving the ball away we need to get back in shape and try and get it back. reaction time is vital in games, even a 5 or 10 yard sprint to get back behind the ball after we give it away makes a difference

when we give it away we cant just walk back and drop the heads and filter back in eventually. we expose ourselves far too often when an attack breaks down. its something that can be worked on and can come right. if we do that we me stop leaking as many goals. alot of goals scored against us are after we give it away in attacking positions or set pieces and we're to slow to react
Or as Don used to say "Squeeze" :D

CF1989
29/08/2009, 12:36 AM
Or as Don used to say "Squeeze" :D

'second ball'
:p

Da Real Rover
29/08/2009, 9:21 AM
Bohs on tuesday, another disapointing game where we sneak a draw but could have won it.
Not enough as usual but just enough to keep us somewhat afloat.

sligoman
30/08/2009, 12:40 PM
I think we should go with Tom's suggestion for this game. Put a small man marking Jason Byrne...Drogheda did that and he didn't score;).

dong
30/08/2009, 1:18 PM

Fair point. I think our fitness has been a major problem all season and hasn't improved. Just look at Owen Morrison who is definitely gaining weight by the week. We haven't got the legs to close teams down properly for a full 90 mins and we concede because of this.
With Peers back we may have a chance to hold them so I hope we can salvage a draw from this one.

CF1989
30/08/2009, 3:24 PM
wasnt talking about indivisuals, the team as a whole, especially the midfield 4 and front 2 need to get back in shape and make it harder for teams to play once we give the ball away

roverandout
30/08/2009, 3:30 PM
I definitely agree about the poor fitness levels. The players have never recovered from the two weeks lost pre-season when Paul Cook was playing silly beggars and supposedly had left the club. I hate to be a pessimist but I am not convinced that the club can avoid relegation at this stage. I desperately want to be proved wrong on this one, so anything from the Bohs game would be a welcome bonus.

dong
30/08/2009, 4:21 PM
wasnt talking about indivisuals, the team as a whole, especially the midfield 4 and front 2 need to get back in shape and make it harder for teams to play once we give the ball away

Me neither. Morrisson was just an example of the overall problem.
The midfield four aren't able to function properly in the second half of games because they are too tired.

CF1989
30/08/2009, 4:33 PM
and when your tired you.....? make mistakes

Inside Man
30/08/2009, 5:43 PM
I wasn't impressed with what i saw again against Bray last week. Very poor, we aren't showing any willingness to step up to the plate. Nobody wants to take on any responsibility and they're leaving it to each other.

Again some very optimistic people on here saying we will sneak it, but honestly these people have yet to realise how bad we really are.
It'll be comfortable for Bohs and im guessing they will win by 2 odd goals.

I'll say it over and over; the only way we are staying up this season is by getting rid of that chancer.

clubman
30/08/2009, 5:47 PM
Silly really at this stage of the season to still be referring to the lost two weeks training pre-season. Since then we’ve had an imposed two week break while the FAI do their upmost to prepare to fail. Our fitness levels are a shambles full stop. Whatever training being done has also to be contributed to our long injury list over the course of the season. Remember back to Sean Connor’s time and we were also suffering from a lengthy sick note list. Connor brought in the fitness instructor from the IT and the rest is now history. Fitness is crucial at this level and considering the players are all ‘professional’ they need to be treated so.
Surprising really this hasn’t been frowned upon by the people at the top considering our chairman is a man from the medical profession??

CF1989
30/08/2009, 7:32 PM
the 2 weeks in pre season thing cant be an excuse. the team still had training as normal, it might have made a diffrence in the first few games, but not now!

rovers100%
30/08/2009, 9:51 PM
dont think its fitness as we dont concede most of our goals late in the game just think we are demoralised this season and playing poorly. our defending is shocking and it may cost us this year. the defence seems more nervous than stacys mother in eastenders and thats saying something. if we stay up id say the team will be very different next year plus wonder will cookie stay or be kept. i still like him and think he worth taking the chance on but he is making a lot of mistakes this year and not signing a defensive midfielder was nearly unforgivable. i think if we stay tight tue nite we mite get scoreless draw but we will prob be beat 3-0 with 2 men sent off lol :eek:

CF1989
30/08/2009, 9:53 PM
dont think its fitness as we dont concede most of our goals late in the game just think we are demoralised this season and playing poorly. our defending is shocking and it may cost us this year. the defence seems more nervous than stacys mother in eastenders and thats saying something. if we stay up id say the team will be very different next year plus wonder will cookie stay or be kept. i still like him and think he worth taking the chance on but he is making a lot of mistakes this year and not signing a defensive midfielder was nearly unforgivable. i think if we stay tight tue nite we mite get scoreless draw but we will prob be beat 3-0 with 2 men sent off lol :eek:

we have alot of defensive midfielders really. ventre, ogrady, ryans not the most attacking, mcgrath either.

rovers100%
30/08/2009, 9:57 PM
couldnt say any of them are quality. connor is best of them. ventre is mediocre at best and ryan and mcgrath are sh1t if ya ask me. how many times have teams walked through our midfield this year. far too many !

sligo23
30/08/2009, 10:02 PM
connor is best of them.!
:eek:

MMVIII
30/08/2009, 10:08 PM
ryan are sh1t if ya ask me. !

Go back this time last season? Ryan was one of our most consistent players, was top class last season. The lad has been carrying an injury since the second game of the season and thats bound to affect his performance.

sligofan4ever
30/08/2009, 10:13 PM
Go back this time last season? Ryan was one of our most consistent players, was top class last season. The lad has been carrying an injury since the second game of the season and thats bound to affect his performance.

If I remember right he was supposed to be out for 6 weeks before the start of the season.

srfc1928
30/08/2009, 10:45 PM
Nobody wants to take on any responsibility and they're leaving it to each other.
Have to agree with you on this point inside man.

srfc1928
30/08/2009, 10:59 PM
Remember back to Sean Connor’s time and we were also suffering from a lengthy sick note list. Connor brought in the fitness instructor from the IT and the rest is now history.

bringing in a fitness instructor would of been a good idea.
I still Paul Cook is a very good manager but no manager can be an expert in every area of the game and sometimes you have to identify weakness and get some help in.

vostra rover
30/08/2009, 11:53 PM
couldnt say any of them are quality. connor is best of them. ventre is mediocre at best and ryan and mcgrath are sh1t if ya ask me. how many times have teams walked through our midfield this year. far too many !

Although no one would question conors commitment to rovers or his immense workrate,to go as far as to say he has been our best midfielder is an absurdity
He gives the ball away far far too much and therefore is a liability at times.
I dont think anyone can say his passing is top notch either

Its hard for any rovers fan to think bad of conor due to his commitment etc
But at the end of the day he has been poor this season.
Hopefully bohs will be a turning point for both his form nd rovers...

dong
30/08/2009, 11:57 PM
If I remember right he was supposed to be out for 6 weeks before the start of the season.

Where? Toffs?

rovers100%
31/08/2009, 10:40 AM
Although no one would question conors commitment to rovers or his immense workrate,to go as far as to say he has been our best midfielder is an absurdity
He gives the ball away far far too much and therefore is a liability at times.
I dont think anyone can say his passing is top notch either

Its hard for any rovers fan to think bad of conor due to his commitment etc

who is better than him so ????

Rovers Maniac
31/08/2009, 11:38 AM
Will Boco be available tomorrow night? I think we could get a point of he is.

Dixie Dean
31/08/2009, 12:22 PM
after the results from the weekend, anything from this game is a bonus. I would be happy with a draw.

sligoman
31/08/2009, 12:31 PM
Will Boco be available tomorrow night? I think we could get a point of he is.He was training today anyway so hopefully.

avvenalaf
31/08/2009, 12:43 PM
bringing in a fitness instructor would of been a good idea.
I still Paul Cook is a very good manager but no manager can be an expert in every area of the game and sometimes you have to identify weakness and get some help in.

Yeah, right. A full time professional outfit, scraping along the bottom of the league with the likes of Bray and Drogheda?. Wake up and smell the silage.

MysteryMachine2
31/08/2009, 12:54 PM

Honestly I think that Conors turning point has happened a few games ago as I've been very impressed with him since he got the shock of being dropped a few games ago.

He put in a good shift at Bray when others were playing badly and I can see him lifting it further tomorrow...

Oh and vostra rover:D:cool:

Rory H
31/08/2009, 1:04 PM
I dunno if it is just me but can't get on or log into SR.com, if the team news isn't up, we have a full squad.

After 10 days off and the teams around us all losing, hopefully the players will be really up for it tomorrow. We owe Bohs one, hope too it comes tomorrow.

vostra rover
31/08/2009, 1:06 PM
who is better than him so ????
There is no one in the rovers team i would classify as "better" then him although i would put down mc grath as a same ish kind of player.

my argument was that there is a case of blind faith with conor among rovers fans due to the obvious reasons.I just feel that his form on the main part this season has been poor,nd therefore he should no longer be viewed as a certain starter.

rovers100%
31/08/2009, 1:12 PM
i would still like to see us play with a five man midfield of raf,connor,ventre,ryan and morrison and play blink upfront on his own and get morrison and raf forward coming inside to work off blink when he has the ball. we need to stop teams walking through our midfield. peers back is as good as a 2 new signings and hopefully will give the back 4 plus brushie some much needed confidence

BohsPartisan
31/08/2009, 5:02 PM
Mark Rossiter (shoulder), Owen Heary (hamstring), Brian Shelley (groin), Glen Crowe (leg) and Ken Oman (suspended) all out. Going to be light at the back.

CF1989
31/08/2009, 5:17 PM
Mark Rossiter (shoulder), Owen Heary (hamstring), Brian Shelley (groin), Glen Crowe (leg) and Ken Oman (suspended) all out. Going to be light at the back.

great news if true...mcguinness will be playing. if all them are out id say it'l be anto, mcguiness, ? and powell at the back. GET AT THEM

sligofan4ever
31/08/2009, 5:25 PM
I know a few missing players won't always make a difference, but with so many defenders missing for Bohs aswell as Glen Crowe we might just have a chance. This combined with the hope that the players go out with the same attitude they did in the Cup game at start of August, then I would be confident. Still not as important as our game against Drogheda IMO, but this would be both a bonus and would give fans alot of faith if we get a point out of this.

CF1989
31/08/2009, 5:28 PM
brian murphy
anto murphy
powell
deegan
keegan
ndo
brennan
byrne

few players missing ? aw god love them

sligofan4ever
31/08/2009, 5:31 PM
brian murphy
anto murphy
powell
deegan
keegan
ndo
brennan
byrne

few players missing ? aw god love them

Even the keeper is missing ? how did they manage to lose so many key players :eek: this is surely a massive advantage for us. Altough if Richie Winter + his linesbird + bad decision = Keegan goal is still very possible :(

CF1989
31/08/2009, 5:33 PM
Even the keeper is missing ? how did they manage to lose so many key players :eek: this is surely a massive advantage for us. Altough if Richie Winter + his linesbird + bad decision = Keegan goal is still very possible :(

those are some of the players they still have available. not the injured ones. did ya not read the bohs fan's post saying whos out?

rovers100%
31/08/2009, 6:55 PM
hopefully we can get at them and steal a win but a draw wud do me. glad they have injuries as we have our fair share and a bit more on that front. they will be tired from setanta game hopefully.

BohDiddley
01/09/2009, 12:16 PM
This on telly anywhere? Or is there an audio stream?

CF1989
01/09/2009, 1:07 PM
This on telly anywhere? Or is there an audio stream?

you can probably just get updates every 15 minutes here:

www.oceanfm.com (http://www.oceanfm.com)

Can someone confirm kick off time, got the rovers text there saying 7.45 and i thought it was 8pm

CarrickFan
01/09/2009, 1:59 PM
you can probably just get updates every 15 minutes here:

www.oceanfm.com (http://www.oceanfm.com)

Can someone confirm kick off time, got the rovers text there saying 7.45 and i thought it was 8pm

Rovers Website says 7:45pm so i'd go with that!!..have seen it in papers as 8pm..seems to be this confusion every midweek game.

Rovers Maniac
01/09/2009, 2:03 PM
Jesus why can't they sort this out, i thought it was 8pm myself, most people will look at the papers and take that as the time. This happened last midweek game as well, a press release should correct this a day before the match, or is it a case that the FAI are saying one time and the club the next? Just how can there be a mix up with the times?

Well Red
01/09/2009, 3:37 PM
RTE 1 Sports gave the time as 8pm while RTE Aertel gives 7.45.
The same crap happens in most grounds and often when you ring a club the official is also unsure.