PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup Predictions

Source
28/08/2009, 3:48 PM
So which teams have a good chance of winning the Setanta Cup this season. It's probably the most open since it started.

No one knows what type of team the LOI side's will have for the second part of the cup. Of the IL teams, would anyone outside Glentoran or Linfield fancy their chances.

Lux Interior
28/08/2009, 4:12 PM
Bohemian should have to much for us in both games (I'm going for 1-3 & 0-2:().

I do think we have a strong chance of 2nd, however, as we should beat Coleraine h & a. That might be enough for 'best runner-up'.

Umberside
28/08/2009, 5:10 PM
I think we'll make the final this time as well. On the day it all comes down to luck and depending on the draw and venue we could retain our trophy. All though I'm naturally biased...

BohDiddley
28/08/2009, 5:25 PM
Reasonably confident about tomorrow, but a lot depends on who plays. Not confident at all with a Bohs team minus Murph and Deegan, so the later stages could be very open as the steamroller is dismantled.

Umberside
28/08/2009, 5:27 PM
Glentoran 1-1 Bohemians
Cork City 2-0 Cliftonville

What other games are on this weekend?

AnnaghRed
28/08/2009, 10:23 PM
Glentoran 1-3 Bohemians
Cork 5-0 Cliftonville

micls
29/08/2009, 11:38 AM
Glentoran 1-3 Bohemians
Cork 5-0 Cliftonville

Us scoring 5 :D You clearly havn't seen us this year, or heard of a certain 'Paul Doolin'.

Also we dont have any actual strikers. We do have Faz, who's been more of a forward for us and lately a young amateur Cambridge has been playing up front with him. Doing ok but no world beater.

Schumi
29/08/2009, 8:18 PM
If it was all on this year, Bohs would be big favourites. Who knows what kind of team they'll have next year though. Cork will probably be weaker next year too so there's a good chance of an Irish League team winning this one.

citybone
30/08/2009, 8:17 PM
Cork, Bohs and Linfield i expect to win the groups, maybe Derry instead of Linfield hard to tell right now. best runner up is impossible to tell. I don't think Cork Derry and Bohs will be great after Christmass and might not win the cup or at least it will be close.

Acornvilla
16/09/2009, 5:30 PM
I agree who knows what a state the Southern clubs will be in come the latter stages all anybody really knows at this stage is that glentoran and linfield will have decent teams by then! How about sligo??

JerseyRed
17/09/2009, 3:20 AM
The Reds are coming good also.

Acornvilla
17/09/2009, 8:03 PM
which reds now im slow?? :D

apo11o
19/09/2009, 2:24 PM
How about sligo??
Sligo resting first team players v Cork, starting 16/17yr olds.

Da Real Rover
19/09/2009, 3:25 PM
I agree who knows what a state the Southern clubs will be in come the latter stages all anybody really knows at this stage is that glentoran and linfield will have decent teams by then! How about sligo??
3 young lads from from Sligo in the U-20 team are making their debuts against Cork.
It should be a good indication of how serious they are taking it.

apo11o
20/09/2009, 9:23 AM
3 young lads from from Sligo in the U-20 team are making their debuts against Cork.
It should be a good indication of how serious they are taking it.
Rovers should have won this one.

Acornvilla
20/09/2009, 6:42 PM
It should be a good indication of how serious they are taking it. but if there still in the competition for the second half of it they could be very strong if they win the cup

Acornvilla
20/09/2009, 8:00 PM
but if slogo win the cup next season i think they will have a very strong squad next season and with another good result or two in the league they may start taking it more seriously