PDA

View Full Version : L.o.I. First Division on FIFA

Iorfa2MaccaJim
26/08/2009, 6:52 PM
I was just flicking through FIFA 09, and I was just wondering would people share my view that the L.o.I. First Division should be included ?

Umberside
26/08/2009, 6:54 PM
I would like to see it in most definitely. The notability the league has gained since joining into the FIFA series is unquestionable.

sligofan4ever
26/08/2009, 7:46 PM
Unless the overall of the L.O.I premier division teams are improved then can't imagine the overall of the 1st division teams. I would still like to see it though.

PartySaint
26/08/2009, 7:48 PM
There wouldnt be a star low enough to rank some of the teams

sligofan4ever
26/08/2009, 7:51 PM

quarter star perhaps. I honestly find it a bit boring after a while unless they finally put in The F.A.I Cup or something.

peadar1987
26/08/2009, 8:40 PM
I would like to see it included, just so I could play Barcelona against Mervue United!

Buller
26/08/2009, 8:54 PM
On the FIFA subject I'd just like to have a small rant!
While the publicity generated by being included in such a well known game is unquestionable; I find it annoying how lowly ranked LoI teams are in it. Surely Bohs deserve at least 2 stars?! In comparision - many SPL teams are all 3 stars. Rovers Reserve A-team recently beat the Hibernian FC first team. Although it was only a preseason friendly when combined with SPL poor showings in europe it shows there no warrent for such a gap in terms of stars between the leagues.
(I know its only a game but having most LoI sides at half a star is slightly embarrassing, its still really cool to play though!)

Kildare Lad
26/08/2009, 8:55 PM
While I would love to see it in the game and win the Champions League with Kildare County, it would make no sense whatsoever for EA to put the 1st Division in the game. There is many leagues that should be in ahead of the Premier Division that arent in the game, so I would imagine we're lucky to have that so wouldn't say theres a hope of the 1st Div being in it... Hope I'm wrong though!

And PartySaint is spot on too, how many stars would teams such as Mervue & Kildare County get?? most of the Premier teams are on the lowest possible as it is!

christo
26/08/2009, 9:29 PM

oi.

Would love it though, as wasa mentioned before the Irish teams get too low of a ranking, the majority of the SPL is below/around the standard of the LoI

ped_ped
26/08/2009, 9:34 PM
I would like to see it included, but the Scottish Second Tier surely deserves a shout before ours? The Russian League? (It's the 6th best in Europe)

If they change anything about the Irish one it should be including us in UEFA competition, or upping our star rating (nobody can tell me the Keith Fahey rated in the low 60's for Pat's is the same one that played against United a short time ago...)

EDIT: Iorfa2MaccaJim, I now hate you for getting my hopes up that I'd be able to play as Limerick FC in FIFA 10 :p

Colbert Report
26/08/2009, 10:15 PM
I have the PS2 version. Even if you win the LOI you don't get into the Champions League. There is no FAI Cup. This must be fixed

ped_ped
26/08/2009, 11:17 PM
I have the PS2 version. Even if you win the LOI you don't get into the Champions League. There is no FAI Cup. This must be fixed

With only the Premier Division the FAI Cup could only last three and a bit rounds. Two fixtures to decide which two of the four randomly picked teams get through to the quarter finals, and then the QF, SF and Final.

UEFA competitions re more important. Any chance we could send a few mails to EA? I dont mean to 'put pressure' on them from the fanbase, just to bring the situation to their attention? Anyone got an e-mail address?

WexCar
27/08/2009, 12:46 AM
With only the Premier Division the FAI Cup could only last three and a bit rounds. Two fixtures to decide which two of the four randomly picked teams get through to the quarter finals, and then the QF, SF and Final.

UEFA competitions re more important. Any chance we could send a few mails to EA? I dont mean to 'put pressure' on them from the fanbase, just to bring the situation to their attention? Anyone got an e-mail address?

The EA studio in Vancouver produces the FIFA soccer games, so I'll just head down and start a protest tomorrow:D

Colbert Report
27/08/2009, 1:07 AM
I'm headed to Vancouver here next week myself, seriously. Is there anyone there I can request to meet with regarding this issue? I'm dead serious now.

WexCar
27/08/2009, 1:14 AM
Electronic Arts (http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/British-Columbia/Burnaby/Electronic-Arts/3840436.html)

MeathDrog
27/08/2009, 2:35 AM
Regarding the ratings, they could bump all the PD teams up by a star and then put all 1st div. temas as half a star.

That's if they ever do decide to have a 2nd Irish division, which they probably won't.

ped_ped
27/08/2009, 2:41 AM
If they do it'll be after a huge jump in the ACTUAL standard of the league, I'd imagine.

peadar1987
27/08/2009, 11:37 AM
If they do it'll be after a huge jump in the ACTUAL standard of the league, I'd imagine.

And we all know that'll only happen after the introduction of a 16 team Premier

Bluebeard
27/08/2009, 11:54 AM
And we all know that'll only happen after the introduction of a fully licenced franchised All-Ireland 16 team Premier

I corrected your sentence for you;)

ped_ped
27/08/2009, 1:43 PM
And we all know that'll only happen after the introduction of a 16 team Premier

Whether you're joking or not... we have 4 million people to England's 50 million... a 10 team Premier makes sense. We can support far less clubs.

Anyway, let's not get bogged down here... FIFA need to put in the Russian League before our First Division gets a call.

MeathDrog
27/08/2009, 2:04 PM
It would put most of them on a par with the Scottish teams, which wouldn't be unfair.

holidaysong
27/08/2009, 5:48 PM
I don't know how accurate it is but I read on ILF this week that the LOI First Division, FAI Cup and IFA Premiership would be included in the British version of FIFA 10..

Dunny
27/08/2009, 5:51 PM
I don't know how accurate it is but I read on ILF this week that the LOI First Division, FAI Cup and IFA Premiership would be included in the British version of FIFA 10..

They got that off Wikipedia, and it seems that it was deleted from the article. So it mustn't be true.

ped_ped
27/08/2009, 9:21 PM
They got that off Wikipedia, and it seems that it was deleted from the article. So it mustn't be true.

Or it mustn't be a proven fact. I won't hold out a lot of hope but I wouldn't discount it, either.