PDA

View Full Version : West Ham v. Milwall

SkStu
25/08/2009, 8:50 PM
huge clashes between Hammers and Milwall fans prior to tonights Carling Cup game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8221451.stm

pitch invasion and trouble inside the ground also.

Umberside
25/08/2009, 9:04 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0825/violence.html

Pre-planned violence according to RTÉ.

CF1989
25/08/2009, 9:06 PM
not good. very intimidating to the normal fans at the game. especially those with children. remember the last time these sides met a child was injured inside the stadium.

i wonder was Elijah Wood involved

SkStu
25/08/2009, 9:07 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0825/violence.html

Pre-planned violence according to RTÉ.

jeeze, no flies on RTE eh? West Ham and Milwall fans in preplanned violence, who have thought...

Umberside
25/08/2009, 9:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0W8Kt969U

This was on the Football Factories before. West Ham and Millwall are the Celtic and Rangers of London.

Umberside
25/08/2009, 9:09 PM
jeeze, no flies on RTE eh? West Ham and Milwall fans in preplanned violence, who have thought...

I know, sure who's ever heard of pre-planned violence in English football? :rolleyes:

SkStu
25/08/2009, 9:11 PM
I know, sure who's ever heard of pre-planned violence in English football? :rolleyes:

i bet they used mobile phones and the world wide web and other such modern devices...

sligofan4ever
25/08/2009, 9:13 PM
When I seen that Millwall was involved then it wasn't anything that we haven't seen before.

Umberside
25/08/2009, 9:13 PM
i bet they used mobile phones and the world wide web and other such modern devices...

So they could make it easier for the police to find the stabber :rolleyes:

CF1989
25/08/2009, 9:16 PM
anyone who's watched the film green street would know of the rivalry between the two sides

Umberside
25/08/2009, 9:18 PM
anyone who's watched the film green street would know of the rivalry between the two sides

Never seen that film but anything to do with Millwall and you know it's trouble.

Dunny
25/08/2009, 9:29 PM
Ave it!

CF1989
26/08/2009, 12:12 AM
there all a bunch of facking cants

MeathDrog
26/08/2009, 12:23 AM
That film isn't a historical document y'know. :rolleyes:

sligoman
26/08/2009, 12:30 AM
85KJ7QkKaNo

SkStu
26/08/2009, 12:46 AM
85KJ7QkKaNo

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MsOCN8KvbAE/SfLVCBLLT3I/AAAAAAAAAI0/KYzDzqKCoOM/s320/xp3eau+copy.jpg

CF1989
26/08/2009, 1:10 AM
That film isn't a historical document y'know. :rolleyes:

ah it is a course. tommy 'actha', bovva, all the boys. great film

Angus
26/08/2009, 7:08 AM
I am Angus and I am a West Ham Fan - good to get that out

By what idiotic stroke of imbeclic dfatness did they let this draw happen ? Football associations all over the world have been using heated and frozen balls for years to prevent precisely this stuff

Primary blame goes to the plnokers involved but don't give them the opportunity - this is the first time ever these sides have been drawn together in any cup game - and there is a bloody good reason for it

Pallonkers

OwlsFan
26/08/2009, 7:27 AM
When I seen that Millwall was involved then it wasn't anything that we haven't seen before.

That was my first thought but to be fair it seens to have been caused by the West Ham fans. Wonder will there be copycat incidents this weekend?

Despite the trouble, the celebrations by the players when they scored the goals were irresponsible leading to pitch invasions.:rolleyes:

bennocelt
26/08/2009, 7:46 AM
I am Angus and I am a West Ham Fan - good to get that out

By what idiotic stroke of imbeclic dfatness did they let this draw happen ? Football associations all over the world have been using heated and frozen balls for years to prevent precisely this stuff

Primary blame goes to the plnokers involved but don't give them the opportunity - this is the first time ever these sides have been drawn together in any cup game - and there is a bloody good reason for it

Pallonkers

Thats not true, i seen it on Green Street:)

Isn't Danny Dire a mockney?

What did they expect from this fixture anyway?

Roadend
26/08/2009, 8:20 AM
Thats not true, i seen it on Green Street:)

Isn't Danny Dire a mockney?

The authorities obviously hadn't seen Green street, the lucky cants.

reder
26/08/2009, 8:40 AM
The worst football violence I have seen in many years. Football violence echos the state of the nation in England. Durings the 70' & 80's that type of scene wouldnt have made the news. Fast forward to 2009, we are now in the grips of a mini depression, ecenomic crisis etc. I think this could be the first of many. An unbelieveably high level of policing prevents similar trouble at the likes of Liverpool v Man United.

I went to the Millwall v Liverpool game in the Carling Cup in 2004 and it was extremely nasty. I was in the upper tier of the away fans and could see all sorts of stuff getting thrown at opposition fans in both directions and Liverpool fans in the lower tier and Millwall fans in the main stand spent the last 10 minutes fighting with police.

reder
26/08/2009, 8:46 AM
The authorities obviously hadn't seen Green street, the lucky cants.

Anyone with any understanding of English football in the 80s would have seen past the rubbish in that film and understood the nasty underlying theme.

rava
26/08/2009, 9:08 AM
Never seen that film but anything to do with Millwall and you know it's trouble.

While Im sure the Millwall fans were at it outside the stadium, it was all West hams mob inside. Typical sky though they have been showing programmes for years glorifying these thugs from the past and then when something kicks off ( which it was bound to do sooner or later) they cant wait to sensationalise it. To be honest this element of english footballs past has been slowly creeping back into the game and I have witnessed trouble at the past two games I have been at.

Umberside
26/08/2009, 9:28 AM

It kinda reminds me of Ireland v England back in '95. The police knew there would be some trouble but they were hopeless when it came.

Umberside
26/08/2009, 9:29 AM

It kinda reminds me of Ireland v England back in '95. The gardaí/stewards knew there would be some trouble but they were hopeless when it came.

Macy
26/08/2009, 9:29 AM
The worst football violence I have seen in many years. Football violence echos the state of the nation in England. Durings the 70' & 80's that type of scene wouldnt have made the news. Fast forward to 2009, we are now in the grips of a mini depression, ecenomic crisis etc. I think this could be the first of many. An unbelieveably high level of policing prevents similar trouble at the likes of Liverpool v Man United.

Don't kid yourself - it only made the news to such a degree because of the stabbing and the trouble inside the ground. There's trouble up and down England every week - it never went away.

And btw, I don't know why people are so quick to put the blame at Milwall's door - West Ham are hardly shrinking violets and without form.

Umberside
26/08/2009, 9:31 AM
The press (especially in England) would love to get their hands on this kind of a story and make it sound unbelievable so they can fill the pages.

reder
26/08/2009, 10:09 AM
Don't kid yourself - it only made the news to such a degree because of the stabbing and the trouble inside the ground. There's trouble up and down England every week - it never went away.

As someone who has attended home and away games all over the UK, I can confidently tell you that the level of trouble over the last decade at games in England was incomparible to that of the 70's & 80's. There will always be the odd bit of trouble here and there but you couldnt compare it to what was going on back then.

Umberside
26/08/2009, 10:10 AM
There was pretty bad trouble at the Sunderland - Newcastle game last October as well, though the police did a good enough job there.

Pauro 76
26/08/2009, 10:14 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2009/aug/25/carlingcup-footballviolence?picture=352104808

Do these lads look just a tiny bit camp?

Umberside
26/08/2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2009/aug/25/carlingcup-footballviolence?picture=352104808

Do these lads look just a tiny bit camp?

They look a bit gay to me.

Macy
26/08/2009, 10:28 AM
As someone who has attended home and away games all over the UK, I can confidently tell you that the level of trouble over the last decade at games in England was incomparible to that of the 70's & 80's. There will always be the odd bit of trouble here and there but you couldnt compare it to what was going on back then.
It's not the mass disorder of the 70's and 80's, but it's carried on regardless - away from the grounds, away from the press and away from the general match going fan (for the most part). So no, it's not comparable to the 70's & 80's, but it's a hell of a lot more than the "odd bit".

Scram
26/08/2009, 12:30 PM
It's not the mass disorder of the 70's and 80's, but it's carried on regardless - away from the grounds, away from the press and away from the general match going fan (for the most part). So no, it's not comparable to the 70's & 80's, but it's a hell of a lot more than the "odd bit".

The mainstream English media CHOOSE to ignore football violence, general thuggery, bullying and continued racism on and off "the terraces". Sky, The Star, Mirror etc. have too much financial interest in promoting "The Beautiful Game" to highlight the ugly side of the EPL Inc.

You will certainly not hear about intimidating atmosphere in with Man U. fans in European games and their many thug fans.

Den Perry
31/08/2009, 12:05 PM
The mainstream English media CHOOSE to ignore football violence, general thuggery, bullying and continued racism on and off "the terraces". Sky, The Star, Mirror etc. have too much financial interest in promoting "The Beautiful Game" to highlight the ugly side of the EPL Inc.

You will certainly not hear about intimidating atmosphere in with Man U. fans in European games and their many thug fans.

Leeds Leeds Leeds