PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers

Lamper.sffc
25/08/2009, 12:57 PM
Delighted with this draw. I was hoping for Bohs or Shamrock at home. Hopefully a good game like last years quarter final against Pats. Cant wait:D

BillytheFin
01/09/2009, 7:17 PM
S Fingal V S Rovers
Sat. 12th sept
Morton stad. @ 7.30pm
(live on TG4)

The Lep
02/09/2009, 6:18 AM
I hope they get tg4 in spain as im away on the 11th :mad:

Lamper.sffc
02/09/2009, 12:59 PM
S Fingal V S Rovers
Sat. 12th sept
Morton stad. @ 7.30pm
(live on TG4)

First time our match will be shown in full on TV. We are really coming up in the world:D

The Lep
02/09/2009, 7:48 PM
With it being on tg4 i wont know if they are praising us or slagging us :D

GalwayRed
10/09/2009, 11:04 PM
Just one question on this. Why are tickets not available at the gate on the day? According to your website you have to buy them in advance. http://www.sportingfingal.ie/
Im just wondering because unless youre expecting a sell out would it not be bad business to turn away fans on the day for not having tickets. A good few fans who go to loi games wont check the club websites before going along to matches and miss this notice.

Lamper.sffc
11/09/2009, 11:33 AM
Just one question on this. Why are tickets not available at the gate on the day? According to your website you have to buy them in advance. http://www.sportingfingal.ie/
Im just wondering because unless youre expecting a sell out would it not be bad business to turn away fans on the day for not having tickets. A good few fans who go to loi games wont check the club websites before going along to matches and miss this notice.

I think we are expecting a full house. As far as I know we are only allowed 3,000 into the stadium (something to do with stewarding and H&S) From what iv heard from some shamrock fans they will sell the 1,500 allocated to them and we will hopefully come close to that or at least the club hope so. Id say we might hit the 1,000 mark myself (hopefully). They may still let people in if the tickets are not all sold from our end. It would be bad business not to, like you said.

GalwayRed
11/09/2009, 1:34 PM
I think we are expecting a full house. As far as I know we are only allowed 3,000 into the stadium (something to do with stewarding and H&S) From what iv heard from some shamrock fans they will sell the 1,500 allocated to them and we will hopefully come close to that or at least the club hope so. Id say we might hit the 1,000 mark myself (hopefully). They may still let people in if the tickets are not all sold from our end. It would be bad business not to, like you said.
Fair enough i think i overestimated how much the ground holds. Was just asking because im thinking of heading along myself seeing as Shels arent playing. Ill try head along to the pavillions and get one tomorow so.

Lamper.sffc
11/09/2009, 4:27 PM
Fair enough i think i overestimated how much the ground holds. Was just asking because im thinking of heading along myself seeing as Shels arent playing. Ill try head along to the pavillions and get one tomorow so.

As far as i know the stadium hold 10,000 aprox. We dont let anybody behind the goals at either end and only let a max of 1,500 in the away stand. The seated area holds 800 and another 300 aprox can stand down to the left. I heard this from a steward last year when we played pats so im assuming its the same this year.

Your very welcome tomorrow. Lets hope its a good game for ye and it was worth the money. If you are heading to the pavillions to get your ticket, the kiosk is at the main entrance from what iv heard.

Sheridan
11/09/2009, 5:10 PM
Good luck tomorrow, fellas. I think we'll all be Fingallians for an evening.

GalwayRed
11/09/2009, 11:36 PM
As far as i know the stadium hold 10,000 aprox. We dont let anybody behind the goals at either end and only let a max of 1,500 in the away stand. The seated area holds 800 and another 300 aprox can stand down to the left. I heard this from a steward last year when we played pats so im assuming its the same this year.

Your very welcome tomorrow. Lets hope its a good game for ye and it was worth the money. If you are heading to the pavillions to get your ticket, the kiosk is at the main entrance from what iv heard.
Cheers. I have my ticket now anyway so heres hoping for a good match. It will be nice to be at a match where I dont have to spend the whole night worrying about the result.

srfc-1901
12/09/2009, 2:54 PM
Good luck tomorrow, fellas. I think we'll all be Fingallians for an evening.

Why is that?

Lamper.sffc
13/09/2009, 3:27 AM
Cheers. I have my ticket now anyway so heres hoping for a good match. It will be nice to be at a match where I dont have to spend the whole night worrying about the result.

I think you got your moneys worth.

Sheridan
13/09/2009, 3:34 AM
You were representing all of humanity tonight, and you did us proud. Now finish the job.

Lamper.sffc
13/09/2009, 11:54 AM
You were representing all of humanity tonight, and you did us proud. Now finish the job.

We will give it a go:)

GalwayRed
13/09/2009, 12:51 PM
I think you got your moneys worth.
I did indeed. First half wasnt great. I thought Fingal seemed happy to sit off Rovers and didnt look that threatening going forward. Rovers were good and the 2 goals were well worked. At that stage I thought the goals would only keep coming for Rovers.
The 2nd half was a completley different story. Whatever Buckley said at half time it worked. Some of the football Fingal played had me worried but it was great to watch. Rovers took their foot off the pedal and let Fingal come onto them. The result was Fingal had enough chances to win it. The first goal back was superb. Very well worked and it kind of reminded me of the goal you got against us at Morton.
Overall draw was a fair result and it was very entertaining match. An extra fixture for Fingal dosent hurt us at all.;)

Lamper.sffc
13/09/2009, 2:44 PM
I did indeed. First half wasnt great. I thought Fingal seemed happy to sit off Rovers and didnt look that threatening going forward. Rovers were good and the 2 goals were well worked. At that stage I thought the goals would only keep coming for Rovers.
The 2nd half was a completley different story. Whatever Buckley said at half time it worked. Some of the football Fingal played had me worried but it was great to watch. Rovers took their foot off the pedal and let Fingal come onto them. The result was Fingal had enough chances to win it. The first goal back was superb. Very well worked and it kind of reminded me of the goal you got against us at Morton.
Overall draw was a fair result and it was very entertaining match. An extra fixture for Fingal dosent hurt us at all.;)

Yeah I know. Its the only downside to still being in the cup. Anyway im hoping it doesnt effect us and gives us more confidence for the league. The second half showed to me that these lads are gelling as a team (finally) and are starting to fight for each other.

Im now heading up to watch the game again on tg4:D, Copied it last night.

dfx-
14/09/2009, 2:19 AM
One of these days Rovers will be 1-0 or 2-0 up and lose 3-2, so grateful to have another go on Tuesday at 2-2 with 30 minutes left. Though I don't think outside the 10 minutes around the two goals, we had too many problems - when it went 2-2, I thought we came back into it well enough.

And Sheridan, your signature is premature, sorry.. ;)

Lamper.sffc
14/09/2009, 11:55 AM
One of these days Rovers will be 1-0 or 2-0 up and lose 3-2, so grateful to have another go on Tuesday at 2-2 with 30 minutes left. Though I don't think outside the 10 minutes around the two goals, we had too many problems - when it went 2-2, I thought we came back into it well enough.

And Sheridan, your signature is premature, sorry.. ;)

Not really, we where bombing down the right side and could and maybe should have made it 3-2. You s where up against it when we got the equaliser and it stayed that way for much of the half. Yous did start to come back into it for the last 10 mins(which includes the 5 added) and could of had a goal yourselves mainly down to the fumbling of our keeper, who also, it must be said made some great stops in that period of pressure.
In saying all that, I do think a draw was a fair result overall.

And after watching it again on tg4 there where two outrageous decisions where a linesman flagged Robbie Doyle offside and then the other linesman tried to top that when he flagged one of your lads offside when he was miles on. Crazy stuff. You would wonder some times are these lads watching the same games as we are.

osarusan
14/09/2009, 11:57 AM
I only saw the second half, but for almost all of what I saw, Fingal were the more composed side.

dfx-
14/09/2009, 4:43 PM
I thought that at 2-2 it was pretty even when Fingal should've had momentum..other than the shot that hit the side netting I can't think of much more pressure you had :)

Especially as it was a fairly make-shift defence and midfield once Price went off at the second goal..I think Rovers have got out of jail

Lamper.sffc
15/09/2009, 11:14 PM
We will give it a go:)

And that we did:D.

dfx-
17/09/2009, 8:02 PM
As I've said elsewhere...congratulations.

Lamper.sffc
17/09/2009, 9:48 PM
As I've said elsewhere...congratulations.

Seen that. Fair play.

Hope yous win the league. I think yous deserve it after all the crap yous have had to endure, plus its justice that a team who have finally gotten it right on and off the field win it this year, to prove the league is trying to get its act together. Good luck for the rest of the season.