PDA

View Full Version : SC player of the month

Monkfish
23/08/2009, 5:30 PM
Martin Deady? WTF! :confused:

L37Ultra
23/08/2009, 5:38 PM
Who else would you suggest? He got the most votes for the award.

sadloserkid
23/08/2009, 6:10 PM
Who else would you suggest?

Dave Ryan (last night and all), Conor Molan, Wayne Colbert, Stephen O'Flynn.

While football is all about opinions and clearly he won the award by virtue of getting the most votes I think Martin Deady is just the latest in a long line of iffy left-backs at the club. He's constantly diving in and getting left behind the play, his positioning lets him down at times and his distribution is mostly woeful with just the occasional quality ball that people seem to get fixated on.

I believe he's only 19 and at that stage he's a handy prospect for sure (better than Brian Cleary alright) but I was genuinely fairly shocked to hear he'd won on Friday night. I did miss both the away games in Waterford, Kildare and Harps in the last month or so, he may have given a master class in defending in all those games to be fair. :)

L37Ultra
23/08/2009, 6:18 PM
I agree with your points but he got the most votes. Just to remind people it was the month of July not August. Stephen O' Flynn played 20 minutes in July, Colbert was injured for most of July. In my opinion Martin Deady deserved it to be honest, he's the only player to have played every match so far this season.

sadloserkid
23/08/2009, 6:28 PM
Dave Ryan then. :) Democracy is democracy. For me this is just further evidence that it doesn't work. :D That said, I'm not a SC member so my views on this award are not to be taken seriously.

blueblood
23/08/2009, 8:04 PM
Dave Ryan then. :) Democracy is democracy. For me this is just further evidence that it doesn't work. :D That said, I'm not a SC member so my views on this award are not to be taken seriously.

I'm not in the SC but I hope you dont mean the goal-keeper "Dangerous Dave Ryan"! :D

Monkfish
24/08/2009, 10:08 AM
I'm not a SC member so my views on this award are not to be taken seriously.

I am, and have never been asked to vote once.

osarusan
24/08/2009, 10:23 AM
I am, and have never been asked to vote once.I got a text once about it.

bluewhitearmy
24/08/2009, 12:01 PM

Maybe noboody likes you?

L37Ultra
24/08/2009, 12:29 PM

Did you change your number?

Monkfish
25/08/2009, 10:01 PM
Did you change your number?

Nope, think the members database needs to be looked at. Fella in work (not in SC) got a txt regarding the UCD bus. (again I didnt) Thats no prob as im gonna hear about it on here but there may be members who also didnt get it.

L37Ultra
25/08/2009, 11:22 PM
Nope, think the members database needs to be looked at. Fella in work (not in SC) got a txt regarding the UCD bus. (again I didnt) Thats no prob as im gonna hear about it on here but there may be members who also didnt get it.

I'll take a look at that but I was pretty sure your no. was in the database.

Are you going on the bus Friday (numbers depending) by the way?

Monkfish
26/08/2009, 12:08 AM
I'll take a look at that but I was pretty sure your no. was in the database.

Are you going on the bus Friday (numbers depending) by the way?

Very much unsure so cant commit. Working til that morning so might have to drive myself given my late rising on the day.

da bishop
26/08/2009, 10:09 PM
I agree with your points but he got the most votes. Just to remind people it was the month of July not August. Stephen O' Flynn played 20 minutes in July, Colbert was injured for most of July. In my opinion Martin Deady deserved it to be honest, he's the only player to have played every match so far this season.

i assume there wont be a winner for august then given the shambolic efforts we have witnessed.

L37Ultra
26/08/2009, 10:14 PM
i assume there wont be a winner for august then given the shambolic efforts we have witnessed.

You assume wrong.

Monkfish
26/08/2009, 11:29 PM

Steve, Conner and Daryl have all made a good claim for POTM in fairness.