PDA

View Full Version : Most Vocal Away Support

Da Real Rover
22/08/2009, 3:30 PM
Just wondering your opinions on which fans consistently provide the most vocal support in your grounds.
Im not on about at cup finals, derbys etc, just your bread and butter fixtures where the away support is consistently vocal.
For me the most consistently vocal away support, game in game out against us has always been Derry, great noise and atmosphere.
I suppose it helps having the best drummers in the league too.

dong
22/08/2009, 3:39 PM
Derry

WindmillWarrior
22/08/2009, 3:44 PM
Derry are only loud because they bang the sh*t out of a load of poxy drums. More annoying than anything.

Rovers have defo had the loudest away support in United Park this season

longfordjames
22/08/2009, 3:44 PM
Shamrock Rovers

dong
22/08/2009, 4:01 PM
Shamrock Rovers

You must be kidding? They're only singing this year cos they're winning.;)
If you travelled to see them in any of their various homes over the years you would have to say they were pretty small in number and quiet.

centre mid
22/08/2009, 4:04 PM
Derry, they have a megaphone.

Cosmo
22/08/2009, 4:12 PM
Derry are only loud because they bang the sh*t out of a load of poxy drums. More annoying than anything.

Rovers have defo had the loudest away support in United Park this season

Would second that - derry are usually sh*te in united park and their drum is one of the most head wrecking things in the league!!

Rovers have been consistently the best away fans in united park re: atmosphere, even when they were doing sh*te!! (with pats and bohs creating a good atmosphere at times too - in fact any club that brings a decent crowd down to united park should create a decent atmoshere as its a cracking wee away shed for that!!)

MariborKev
22/08/2009, 4:35 PM
As a Derry fan I'd say our vocal support has gone to pot in the last season/year.

As regards the drums, it has become a curse. About two years ago every child in the Brandywell seemed to get a snare drum for Christmas and they all brought them to the games. Cue the drums descending into a complete disaster with people just hammering them(all game, and out of time).

A lot of the older(late teens/20s) support don't even bother singing now, as you just get drowned out with all the Tweenies and their drumming.

Red Star
22/08/2009, 4:40 PM
As a Derry fan I'd say our vocal support has gone to pot in the last season/year.

As regards the drums, it has become a curse. About two years ago every child in the Brandywell seemed to get a snare drum for Christmas and they all brought them to the games. Cue the drums descending into a complete disaster with people just hammering them(all game, and out of time).

A lot of the older(late teens/20s) support don't even bother singing now, as you just get drowned out with all the Tweenies and their drumming.
They were sh1t in the cup last week:D

Infadel
22/08/2009, 5:25 PM
Even though we played them at home once this season Rovers outsang our own supporters.

Umberside
22/08/2009, 7:44 PM
We have the most consistent home support.

Rovers Maniac
22/08/2009, 7:54 PM
I thought the Shams fans were decent last time down, plenty of singing and lots of different songs, thought Derry were brutal last week, they were very quiet seemed like they were missing a drum or two. If i am being honest i never thought Derry were much good plenty of drumming only a little singing, i think its best the other way around.

OneRedArmy
22/08/2009, 9:03 PM
We have the most consistent home support.Well done, you've managed to answer a question two stages removed from the one that was asked.

IMO, LoI away support is uniformly pathetic and has been for ages. Agree with Maribor's comments re drums above.

Whilst not LoI, Linfield probably the best I've seen over the last 5 years.

Rovers1
22/08/2009, 9:29 PM
Derry for me

sligofan4ever
22/08/2009, 9:52 PM
Derry, but they weren't as vocal in the 2 games last week, especially last Saturday, very quiet for the majority of the game.

sheao
22/08/2009, 10:16 PM
Has to be Derry! Always bring a large away support and always sing for the majority of the game.

the-blue-harp
23/08/2009, 12:27 AM
1 Derry City
2 Shamrock Rovers
3 Shelbourne.

PartySaint
23/08/2009, 11:39 AM
The 3 big Dublin clubs for me
Pats
Bohs
Rovers

Terry
23/08/2009, 11:42 AM
rovers, bohs and then derry.

Dillonman
23/08/2009, 11:43 AM
By far Shamrock Rovers, was at the game last night and the noise they made was unreal, although we put it up to them and they shut up once we scored and didnt get behind their team from thereon in!

I would say:
Rovers/Derry
Dundalk
Bohs

sligoman
23/08/2009, 11:50 AM
By far Shamrock Rovers, was at the game last night and the noise they made was unrealWere Shams not at 'home' last night?:confused:

HarpoJoyce
23/08/2009, 11:52 AM
Were Shams not at 'home' last night?:confused:

How many times, South Dublin County Council built and own that Stadium.

sligoman
23/08/2009, 11:54 AM
How many times, South Dublin County Council built and own that Stadium.DUH, that's why I said 'home':rolleyes:

Dillonman
23/08/2009, 11:57 AM
Were Shams not at 'home' last night?:confused:

All I said was they made some amount of noise last night!

dong
23/08/2009, 12:00 PM
Thread is "Most Vocal Away Support".

dong
23/08/2009, 12:02 PM
Pats
Bohs
Rovers

By far Shamrock Rovers, was at the game last night and the noise they made was unreal, although we put it up to them and they shut up once we scored and didnt get behind their team from thereon in!

I would say:
Rovers/Derry
Dundalk
Bohs

Give yourselves a good pat on the back lads. Well done!:D

GalwayRed
23/08/2009, 12:13 PM
Pats
Bohs
Rovers
So Pats bring the most vocal away support to Richmond Park do they?

Umberside
23/08/2009, 12:21 PM
The Dublin clubs when they go to other Dublin clubs are obviously the best away support. Overall though I would say Shamrock Rovers, they bring a good amount to away games.

Dalymountrower
23/08/2009, 12:30 PM
The vocal nature of the away support seems to be in direct proportion to levels of alcohol consumed. Derry ,most vocal and most drunk for me. Rovers have a shorter trip to Dalymount and less drinking time so dont come close to the candystripes.
Best vocal away support (without alcohol induced incoherence) in Dalymount in recent years has to be Cork in the Cup semi three years ago. Great support also from our new friends from Dundalk at the cup replay last week:D

celticV3
23/08/2009, 12:31 PM
I thought Dundalk were the best at the showgrounds this year. After that Shams are the only other team to be very vocal with us this season.

Hairy Bowsie
23/08/2009, 12:35 PM
Dundalk have fantastic vocal support, just a pity about the sh*te Celtic-esque songs they sing.

bluewhitearmy
23/08/2009, 12:40 PM
Dont know if i should be involved in this seen as 1st division especially jackman is awful for away fans but has to be shels for us.

Candystripe
23/08/2009, 4:30 PM
Probably Dundalk as well although this is the first season for years that they are back in the big time.

Cork's away fans a few weeks ago was as good as they have ever been and Shams always be quite loud.

As for the Derry drummers, I concur with Maribor and ORA.

Da Real Rover
23/08/2009, 4:57 PM
The Dublin teams never seem to make too much noise down here.
The few times I was up in Dalyer this season we outsung Bohs no bother, so im guessing Dublin teams couldnt be arsed against us.
Theres a bit of noise out of Dub teams when they score but thats about it down here.
Over the past few years Derrys support has consistently been the best but Dundalk did have a good crowd up here this season, but since it is their first season up its a bit hard to judge.

mypost
23/08/2009, 6:25 PM
How many times, South Dublin County Council built and own that Stadium.

A few more as nobody listens.

You cling defiantly to the technicalities, while everyone else deals with the realities.

bellavistaman
23/08/2009, 6:35 PM
Shamrock rovers for me

micls
23/08/2009, 7:23 PM
The loudest away fans we're had in the cross were Glentoran, a lot of it down to the sheer number they brought.

This season, Rovers. Huge crowd for a Tuesday and quite loud.

citybone
23/08/2009, 9:07 PM
Rovers for me, followed by Derry and Bohs

dfx-
24/08/2009, 12:47 AM
Being seated down at The Square end for most of the season, Dundalk seemed the loudest. Maybe Pats second...

marinobohs
24/08/2009, 11:38 AM
A few more as nobody listens.

You cling defiantly to the technicalities, while everyone else deals with the realities.

that would be the "realities" that were shown when your Landlord woundn't let you play there a few weeks back ?